• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: OpenDingux on the A380?  (Read 6529 times)

Skyline969 (OP)

OpenDingux on the A380?
« on: June 19, 2012, 05:38:05 pm »
Is there a way to get OpenDingux on the A380? I was thinking of buying an upgrade, but recently OpenDingux has become a necessity for me. If I can't get OD on the A380, I'll likely stick to my A320.

hiredgun

Re: OpenDingux on the A380?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:52:01 pm »
I wish you?d get a ?yes, yes, yes? a la Daniel Bryan, on this, lol, but I don?t think it will be a reality.  And it?s a shame too, because I think that OpenDingux pretty much saved my A320 from being banished to a dresser drawer for eternity, lol.  If I were you I?d stick with the A320. H.G.

Skyline969 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 04:19:35 am »
Will do then. I'll have to find another A320 to get, just in case mine dies on me. From what I understand the A320 has been discontinued, so whatever is left in the wild is what's left for good.

hiredgun

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 08:33:47 am »
I just did a search on Ebay for you, and there are quite a few consoles on there to choose from.  I won't link it cuz I don't want to be accused of spamming, lol, but I'm sure you can find it on Ebay yourself.  BTW, if you didn't know, both the Picodrive and PocketSNES have been recently improved for OpenDingux!!!  If you like those emus, it should be good news for you.  All the info is on the main page of Dingoonity   http://www.dingoonity.org/  Good luck, H.G.

Alien Grey

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 08:47:30 am »
Will do then. I'll have to find another A320 to get, just in case mine dies on me. From what I understand the A320 has been discontinued, so whatever is left in the wild is what's left for good.

This isn't necessary. The GCW Zero should be running OpenDingux out of the box and is probably going to be the console that can replace your Dingoo A-320 when it doesn't work anymore.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Skyline969 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 02:26:02 pm »
I just did a search on Ebay for you, and there are quite a few consoles on there to choose from.  I won't link it cuz I don't want to be accused of spamming, lol, but I'm sure you can find it on Ebay yourself.  BTW, if you didn't know, both the Picodrive and PocketSNES have been recently improved for OpenDingux!!!  If you like those emus, it should be good news for you.  All the info is on the main page of Dingoonity   http://www.dingoonity.org/  Good luck, H.G.

I was one of the first to try out the new PocketSNES for OpenDingux actually. ;) Also got the improved PicoDrive, and it plays most games perfectly with some minor graphical glitches on a select few.

Jutleys

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 02:08:01 pm »
we need mame

hiredgun

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 10:12:37 pm »
we need mame

My dude, I don't know what you mean by that, but Mame is about the ONLY Emu that I consider to run full speed without glitches!!!  Did you download the emulator pack that Alien Grey linked in the first page of his "new firmware" thread?? The Mame emu is there and as I said earlier, I feel it's really the only decent one the A380 runs. H.G.

dclark61

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 03:39:54 pm »
we need mame

My dude, I don't know what you mean by that, but Mame is about the ONLY Emu that I consider to run full speed without glitches!!!  Did you download the emulator pack that Alien Grey linked in the first page of his "new firmware" thread?? The Mame emu is there and as I said earlier, I feel it's really the only decent one the A380 runs. H.G.

I haven't been able to get the sound to work correctly in Mame.  Also, it runs slowly when TV Out is enabled.  Have you found fixes for these issues?