Author Topic: Okay, bare with me.  (Read 2591 times)

thebradshaw (OP)

Okay, bare with me.
« on: March 15, 2015, 08:43:47 pm »
Hello everyone,

Honestly, I've not used a forum in about 3-4 years ever since commenting on Facebook or Youtube etc became the norm. That being said, when it comes to specific niches like this, you really can't do much better than this.

A little bit about me. I've been playing video games ever since I can remember, I've seen it all- played it all from, NES to PS4 and I take my gaming extremely seriously, everything counts.

Now, I know you guys also know your stuff about details so, if you'll bare with me, maybe you guys can answer a few questions I've had for a while now, because I can't really find anyone else qualified to answer  my concerns seriously.

Youtube is really a mixed bag of tricks- some people are simply mind-blown that a device can emulate a SNES in general so I need to talk to people who understand the differences in the details.

First and most important, my number ONE concern; I need a device where there is complete 100%, absolutely NO button lag. I have owned an Xperia Play and a couple other Android devices (I now own an iPhone), and they have all had this (hardly noticeable) button delay. I need that gone completely. Is there any Android handheld console that doesn't have delay in button presses? Because if that the case, I'd just go with an Android for the expanded compatibility. I need someone to answer this honestly though. My gut tells me, that Linux is better with this naturally.

Second, does the TG-16 (or PCEngine) work 100% percent accurately on the GCW-Zero? I need to know because shooters are major on the platform.

Third, does the Game Boy/Color upscale evenly to a perfect aspect ratio with no filtering on the GCW-Zero?

Lastly, is the NES 1:1 as well.

Believe it or not, the most attractive feature for the platform, for me, is the low resolution screen. I feel that the games can be most effectively reproduced on that screen and I would love to see it in action. Honestly, it break my heart that Playstation games are not playable on the device as I think they would have made the perfect fit. It's okay, I have a PSP, but still. I have seen some of the homebrew games on it, and they give me a warm feeling. All that said, I need these question honestly answered before I spend 150 bucks on this thing.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
Re: Okay, bare with me.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 01:26:11 am »
hey. try posting this in the GCW Zero section just below Dingux, first of all. 2nd, there is NO BUTTON LAG on the zero with all of the emus I have tried... it really is a great device, however, very, very hard to find new right now... considering gamestop just purchased Thinkgeek's parent company.

as for the playstation NOT working on it yet, there is an unoptimized .opk port (emu file) that is available but not recommended quite yet imo... I believe it's finally being looked into though at the moment.

Lastly, if you are able to find a new Zero, keep your receipt... the units have a tendency to have faulty buttons on the top & the face.. even the d-pad, etc. A lot of users have reported such over the years... luckily, some have found peace with their unit coming in perfect condition all around, like mine.

I couldn't recommend it enough & the users here on this forum r extremely friendly. If anything else, lemme know... I can't answer some of your other questions but if you start posting below, you'll get replies pretty quick.

Good luck.

:o

xXFrostXx

• * Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 03:11:41 am »
This should have been posted in the GCW-Zero section and not the Dingux section, but here's what I have to say.
Get a GCW-Zero.

I, like you, have played video games my whole life. I'm a retro gamer.
Onto your questions...

1. There is no button lag on the GCW-Zero. That I promise you.
2. There is a TG-16 emulator being worked on from what I've heard, using Mednafen.
3. The Game Boy/Game Boy Color looks perfect on the GCW-Zero. Also, along with the GCW-Zero's GB/GBC emulator, you can download the Game Boy's color palettes which you can set in the emulator's options.
4. NES is perfect as well. It looks incredible on the GCW-Zero.
5. PSX is being looked at, and we'll see what we can do. Emulation is possible though, as many games run full speed.
6. The GCW-Zero has many amazing games available already, and developers are hard at work, releasing new games often. There are also many great ports as well, such as: Cave Story, Quake, Quake 2, Doom, Doom 2, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, Wolfenstein 3D, etc.
7. The GCW-Zero I got had no issues with the buttons. I believe it was only the first batch with dpad issues.

Bottom line, I recommend the GCW-Zero highly. It has become my favorite game console and my prized possession. I have many emulators and games on it and play them every day. Emulation is perfect for every emulator. Though a few features are still missing (TV-Out), they're being worked on for a future update.
Most sites are out of stock, but a new batch will ship soon, from what I've heard.

If you need any help, just shoot me a message, or post in the GCW-Zero help section. ;D
Dingoonity is the place to be!

zhongtiao1

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 07:11:42 pm »
If you want emulators, the GCW-Zero is the way to go. GBA is almost flawless (if you mess with the settings) Watara Supervision emulates all games well except for crystball, sound doesn't always work  because of emulator though. NES works flawlessly. Even on the weirdest, most unusual Chinese bootlegs I found :D if you can find one, no Linux console is anywhere as near good as this

Post a new topic