Author Topic: Noob Questions...  (Read 5121 times)

shyguy (OP)

Noob Questions...
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:11:49 pm »
Hello, all.  I'm new, obviously.  I'm awaiting delivery of my A320 from an Ebay auction and decided to start reading up.  A number of things have me confused, and if anyone can chime in I'd much appreciate it.

1.  Firstly, the A320 I bought is one of the so-called "fake" systems with serial A320WH9330047.  I read on to find that these are not "fake".  Should I be concerned?

2.  I was planning on using OpenDingux, as it is newest and, from what I've read so far, seems to run *most* of the emulators better than Dingux and/or native.  I'd rather avoid the dual boot altogether if possible and just boot into OpenDingux.  Is this absolutely impossible?

3.  Is there a definitive list of the consensus "best running" emus for Dingux / Open Dingux?  Seems there are MANY options, and I figured I'd just want to start with those that are agreed upon as being fast/stable.  I'm most interested in NES, SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:20:46 pm by shyguy »

HercTNT

Re: Noob Questions...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 04:01:25 am »
I have the same model dingoo, it works fine. the battery died quick though. pick up a spare.  I use opendingux. At this point in development i believe its a better choice. it is possible to boot straight to opendingux. its somewhere in these forums, i don't remember were. its been 3 years since i setup my dual boot and i don't remmeber how i did it LOL. As for the emulators the opendingux project page i believe tells you what ones work and what ones dont.

lemmywinks

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:40:04 pm »
Give both Native and Opendingux a try when you get it, no point making decisions about what you prefer before you even have the device in your hands - that's a little counter-productive really!

I use both but use Native most of the time, I prefer the interface and I think the emulators I use run slightly better on the whole. There are updated emulators for almost everything, the Lion emulator pack, Slaanesh's emulators and Reesy's Pocketsnes are improvements over the (surprisingly good) original ones so grab those.

Either way I'm glad I have both operating systems on there, they both have their advantages and drawbacks but it's not exactly a chore to switch from one to the other.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

crazyhorse2352

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:30:51 pm »

Quick question, how does the suspend feature work under open dingux? can you suspend in game and return and carry on? Thanks for any replies.

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 04:24:32 am »
Yes, you hold the power slide up, press A and release the slide and your Dingoo just "turns off". Then you slide the power up again and it resumes at the same point. I just tested it with Klonoa runing on gPSP.

Game Dude

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 12:16:02 am »
What is the difference between official Dingoo firmware and Dingux?

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 12:50:42 am »
Dingux is a firmware based on Linux, it has a Linux kernel and a lot of standard libraries to make life easier for developers. Also, it's open source so anyone can improve it.

Native OS is "?C/OS-II", it is not linux based and it's closed. This things are not necessarily bad since some really good emulators have been made for it, but a closed OS means that some bug might never be fixed; and that some developers might not be attracted to develop for it.

A lot of people argue about what OS is better, I think you should try both and see for yourself what's better for you. Anyway, you don't have to chose one and discard the other, you can have both native and OpenDingux installed and chose which one to use every time you power on your Dingoo.