Author Topic: Install dualboot - Priority for Dingux  (Read 6667 times)

zolini (OP)

• DingooBR
Install dualboot - Priority for Dingux
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:56:41 pm »
Hello everyone,

Mauro Martins, member of the team DingooBR (www.dingoobr.com), made a micropost explaining how to install the new dualboot with priority for Dingux. I'd like to share with you:

In December, the coder Boukichi launched a new kernel, which enables the shutdown of Dingux if you hold the power button for 5 seconds. All sites are using this new kernel (zImage file). Also, this file has been enabled RTC (real time clock), which enables the Dingux to have a clock, and perhaps allowing programs like a calendar, alarm clock, among others.

Well, the only problem with this approach is that the original firmware have a bug where it deletes the record of the RTC each time it is connected. To resolve this, the coder has developed a new installation dualboot, Linux SPL Installer, which can be downloaded here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H9UMCWA9.

Download everything he says in the tutorial and SPL Installer, and extract all in the same folder. When the process asks you to go to the CMD, use the first command normally.

usbtool-win 1 hwinit.bin 0 ? 80000000

Now, the next step, instead of following those commands, use this:

usbtool-win 1 zImage_SPL_9325 0 ? 80600000

or

usbtool-win 1 zImage_SPL_9331 0 ? 80600000

From there, the installation goes to the Dingoo:

Press Start to continue.

Press Start to accept the terms of use.

and instead of seeing the two traditional options, we see three. Select the second, and ready.

The Dingux have priority, and is defined as primary boot. To go to the original firmware, just press Select, as you did to access the Dingux previously.

I believe that with the current development of Dingux, including the gpsp getting better, the original firmware will be only for the use of radio and TV-Out. Who does not use these features, like me, always the boote Dingux and be happy;)

Original post: http://www.dingoobr.com/?p=1702
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:56:02 am by zolini »
www.dingoobr.com
dingoobr.forumeiros.com

zear

Re: Install dualboot - Priority for Dingux
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:46:10 am »
usbtool-win 1 hwinit.bin 0 ? 80,000,000
Looks like google translate has messed up the usbtool commands.
Better read the original post for the right commands ;)

zolini (OP)

• DingooBR
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:57:37 am »
Oh, sorry!
I corrected the error...
Thanks, zear!
www.dingoobr.com
dingoobr.forumeiros.com

zear

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 10:28:39 am »
Oh, sorry!
I corrected the error...
Thanks, zear!
Nah, you did not ;)
The correct ones are:
Code: [Select]
usbtool-win 1 hwinit.bin 0×80000000
usbtool-win 1 zImage_SPL_9325 0×80600000
usbtool-win 1 zImage_SPL_9331 0×80600000

mauromartins

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 01:05:58 pm »
I know Boukichi released this SPL for a long time (december 09 if im not mistaken), but a lot of people from Brazil don?t use this forum or can read english, so I made that tutorial for dingoobr. Thanks to Ezequiel too, he made the pics and uploaded to tutorial.

For me, it?s a no brainer, I hardly use the original firmware (only for GBA and Master System).

tuffporky

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:02:57 pm »
Does anyone know if theres one for the ILI 9338. Because i don't use native either :)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic