Author Topic: Continued A320 support :)  (Read 5601 times)

HercTNT (OP)

Continued A320 support :)
« on: December 29, 2016, 08:07:55 am »
First of all I really want to make it clear i could not be happier with the support the A320 has got over the years and am very thankful for this community. I recently pulled my a320 out of storage to play around with the new build of psx4all and it really got me nostalgic. If at all possible i would love to see more content or updated content make its way to the a320. My question I guess is weather or not its possible to port some content for the gcwzero to the a320. Also, I still have not given up hope on maybe one day seeing "a game with a monkey" or an update to "mame4all" for opendingux get a release. Sadly, i have no programming ability, but I do have a rather fast dingoo and the time to test if anyone needed a beta tester.
No matter what, i'm very happy with what currently exists and again am very greatfull to all who have contributed!!

As i mentioned in another thread, my dingoo will do 432mhz stable and 450 sometimes stable depending on the app. would love to see if it were possible to increase voltage by a hair in firmware to improve stability at higher clocks and allow me to test that on psx4all for example. 

LOL, anyways, thank you all for listening to my short babbling and if anything, you all have a guinea pig willing to test if need be.

slaanesh

• Slaanesh Dev
Re: Continued A320 support :)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:39:11 am »
There will be another release of MAME4ALL for the A320 :)

HercTNT (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 06:40:21 am »
Take your time. i know you are very busy. appreciate all you have done so far.

samir

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 03:01:47 am »
There will be another release of MAME4ALL for the A320 :)

Wow!!!  ;D Thanks Slaanesh!!!

joyeux

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 02:45:36 pm »
That's great news Slaanesh! Thanks for all A320 love!
"Life is a dream, and it's morning for you."

- Wan Fu

slaanesh

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 02:41:54 am »
Let me clarify that I only work on Dingoo Native firmware now.

Anyway, the past week I have been getting the hardware screen scaling working on the Dingoo A320 - thanks to lion_rsm's releae DEPv20 and providing sources.

So the Dingoo A320 does have hardware scaling - but it only YUV->RGB color space. ie. the source image must be YUV which is a bummer as I don't know any emulators that work in YUV natively.

But it's not all bad! I decided to give it a try anyway as MAME fortunately uses an indexed palette method for bitmap representation. This needs to be converted to RGB anyway. So instead of converting to RGB - I convert to YUV instead and then call the blitter. Bingo!

I had to modify lion_rsm's code a fair bit as it was a little buggy and didn't support downscaling of images at all.

The Dingoo A320's version of MAME4ALL used to have an amazingly large library of software blitters used to perform that final index to RGB conversion I mentioned above. Now thanks to using the IPU I can remove most of these - simplifying and cleaning up the code somewhat.

I've tested a few games with different resolutions like Rampage (512x480) and 1942 (224x256) and R-Type (384x256) and Gauntlet (352x224) and it seems to work reasonably well so I'm happy with the results.

Post a new topic