Author Topic: Can anyone explain to me what I'm missing about accessing the internal storage of the RS-90?  (Read 3765 times)

DreamcastHubCom (OP)

I've been searching all over for about an hour now and I CAN NOT for the life of me install or use an OPK file on my Rs-90 running on dingux. Like I've literally no clue whatsoever. Someone said hit start when you turn it on but I think that's only for the stock RS-90 firmware. Is it possible to load them from the SD card? Do I have to name the SD card something specific or set up partitions? Like, I just want to use an emulator on it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pcercuei

• My devblog
Set the "USB mode" to "Mass storage" in the settings. Then it should appear on your PC as soon as you plug the USB cable.

DreamcastHubCom (OP)

Set the "USB mode" to "Mass storage" in the settings. Then it should appear on your PC as soon as you plug the USB cable.
Thanks so much for the reply! When you say "settings" are those in the menu of the dingux or somewhere on the PC?

pcercuei

• My devblog
In the "Settings" section of gmenu2x, you have a few icons, one is "USB mode". When you start it, it opens to a terminal-based UI, that lets you switch between mass storage mode (MTP) and ethernet mode.

DreamcastHubCom (OP)

In the "Settings" section of gmenu2x, you have a few icons, one is "USB mode". When you start it, it opens to a terminal-based UI, that lets you switch between mass storage mode (MTP) and ethernet mode.
I might be just missing something, sorry if I'm just being dense... I have zero experience with this handheld or Dingux. The only options I have in the "GMenu2X" icon with the screw driver and the wrench when I click it is...

"Language - English
Save last selection - off
Output logs - off
Screen timeout - 60
Button repeat rate - 10"

There dont seem to be any other settings I can access in the device.

pcercuei

• My devblog
You can see the "USB mode" here: https://app.box.com/s/5z6ehcssbsfdteak30oqy70uosfgqraw
(it's a screenshot on a different handheld but the icon should be the same)

It is *not* in the "GMenu2X" options, it is a different app.

If you don't have it, could you tell me the versions of the kernel and rootfs listed in the "system info" app?

DreamcastHubCom (OP)

I will find that out for you when I get home from work at 7pm. Thanks again for your continued assistance.

DreamcastHubCom (OP)

"Kernal Version: 5.1.0-rc5+
Compiled on PREEMPT Wed May 1
19:08:02

Root file system version:
g65ba06cd8e
Compiled on Wed May 01 17:07:14 UTC

Processor: JZ4725B

Total RAM for applications: 26352 kB"

That's everything on the "System Info" screen. Hope that helps

DreamcastHubCom (OP)

This is what it looks like

pcercuei

• My devblog
You flashed a very old firmware. Better update to the latest first, as it might just fix your problem.

Reflash your RS-90 with this firmware: https://app.box.com/s/si1gukzs7640z0h95waihfxcm88idcvg

When it reboots, the OS will take a few minutes to boot. Once you see GMenu2X, you should be able to plug your RS-90 in your PC, and it will appear as mass storage. If it does not, use the "USB mode" app I was talking about before.

If it works and you can install OPKs, copy the newest OpenDingux that you can get here (https://opendingux.net/opendingux/2020/10/04/opendingux-release-20201004.html) and run the "OS update" app. Then you will have the very latest system.

DreamcastHubCom (OP)

Thank you SO MUCH! It worked! Was able to send most of the apps to the built in memory apps folder. Been playing the GBC games all day at work.

(Last thing I promise) Only small issue I'm having now is an error when trying to send more opk files after the first time I was able to send them. Now I try and send them after the system boots back up into the usb transfer mode and the device does show up as a drive and I can see all the files and folders and I copy the next set of OPK files and paste them in but they get stuck at zero percent transferred. Until I have to cancel the transfer. Have you ever seen this issue?

pcercuei

• My devblog
The built-in memory is very small, so maybe you are running out of space? I would suggest to put the apps and games on an external micro-SD card.

If you still have space, it could be that MTP (mass storage) doesn't work well for you. I get reports that it doesn't work very well for some people, while for me and many others it works perfectly fine.

Note that OpenDingux has nightly builds, which are in "beta" state but should work pretty good. It may or may not improve your MTP situation. The builds are here: http://od.abstraction.se/opendingux/latest/

Post a new topic