Author Topic: ALL ILI3998 DINGOO A320 OWNERS PLEASE ENTER THIS THREAD  (Read 32164 times)

DL95 (OP)

ALL ILI3998 DINGOO A320 OWNERS PLEASE ENTER THIS THREAD
« on: May 25, 2011, 03:27:01 am »
I've been trying to put dingux but have been having some difficulties, unlike the other versions of the dingoo the ili3988 is not nearly as supported when it comes to booting and downloads for creating dingux, i hate to sound demanding but can someone with a dingoo ili3998 please create a step by step video on how to install dingux on your dingoo. i dont need help with the minisd part just show the computer part of installing dingux, if you cant thats fine too, could you please post the steps in the thread though. im sorry if i sound demanding but i just wanna play galaxy force 2 on the dingoo so help would be greatly appreciated

hypercam download link for recording the vid below
http://hypercam.en.softonic.com/

zear

Re: ALL ILI3998 DINGOO A320 OWNERS PLEASE ENTER THIS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:36:36 am »
The procedure of flashing the bootloader and installing dingux on dingoos with ILI3998 is exactly the same as for other ILI. Please read the enclosed readme files, or one of the many howtos on the net (including the video walkthroughs). There are even automatic bootloader installers for Windows machines for people who can't type "cd c:\path\to\bootloader\dir" in the windows commandline.

I'm gonna be even nice enough and point you to the right bootloader and Dingux installation files:
bootloader
kernel & rootfs (currently that's the only, besides OD, kernel supporting ILI3998)
GUI menu
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:41:04 am by zear »

DL95 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:45:38 pm »
Thanks bro, i didnt want to be demanding, ill probably feel like an idiot when i get dingux on my dingoo ;D ;D

Pollux

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 12:23:15 am »
I tried to help you but it seems that you can't make it.

I've updated my post in this topic and if you make as I say you'll achieve your goal.

Just to clear some doubts, you have a ILI9338 or a ILI3998 LCD?

If you have a ILI9338 than you can do it like I posted before and if you fail to install dingux tell me where did you stop having success. Perhaps I can tell you what's wrong.
I had my problems installing Dingux and after spending some time searching I could do it right.

Cheers!

Ps: Make a video requires time that I don't have and if you don't know what you are doing wrong you will learn the same... zero. It happened with me so I quit looking for videos and started reading.

DL95 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 01:09:20 am »
Ok, i put my dingoo in boot mode and everything, followed the video tutorial and now the jz4740 USB boot device is installed, then im supposted to run the command line right and if i do what commands do i enter in, please make it as detailed as possible, i know i sound like a complete idiot, i know about computers but ive enter used the command line in my life

Pollux

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 03:36:47 pm »
I see but if you use what I posted in the other topic there's no need to use command line. The Auto DDF file do all command lines for you. You only need to insert numbers when it asks you to.

I'll try to make a step-by-step here:

1 - Download and unrar Dingux Dual Boot 20110420 into a folder you want.

2 - Downloaded and unrar Automated Dingoo Dualboot Flasher (edited and ILI9338 ready) into another folder near the first one (you can place all in the same folder but it may cause some confusion to you but that's another option too).

3 - Read the README.txt of the AUTO DDF to know how to change this file. You must edit an AUTO DDF line in order to make it able to read the dual boot files. This step forces you to change the path of the original file into your computer folder (the step #1 folder path).

4 - Start Auto DDF

5 - If you did everything right Dingoo must have a menu waiting for you (this step is what's in the idiot's guide). You have to choose your options, something like OK, OK, Dual Boot, OK (if I'm not wrong).

6 - Download and unrar into SD card the Kernel and Rootfs files from Dingux Kernel & Rootfs for ILI9338 (read the README.TXT included in the rar file if you didn't understand this step).

7 - Unplug your Dingoo and try it.

8 - You need roms and emulators to place in your SD card but I guess you know where to find them.

As you see there is not much to say so filming it would result in a short short movie.

One problem I had was that my Dingux logo freezed but since I used the files I linked I made it in my first shot.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:44:18 pm by Pollux »

spikejones

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:57:58 am »
Hi

My Dingoo has a ILI3998 and my problem starts right in the RESET part. I don't know what am I doing wrong because I followed instructions from a lot of tutorials and nothing.

When I press reset + B the Dingoo looks to shut down. Black screen ok. But then I plug it to my computer and then the computer recognizes the Dingoo as usual. So.. it starts bad right in the beguinning.

Sorry if this is really dumb. I'm not a dumb guy regarding computers but...

Thank you!

spikejones

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 03:06:41 am »
Also.. I've tryed to make the cmd with usbtool-win 1 hwinit.bin 0?80000000 and it pop ups an error windows

in the command box shows: this is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is no warranty, not even for merchability or fitness for a particular purpose.

lopez69

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 05:30:37 pm »
hello friends

I have the LCD Dingoo ili9339, I'm from Spain.
dingux not get installed, and looking far I've found this forum.
I downloaded and when I load ddf auto dual boot, my screen is frozen and dingux logo.
I know I do something wrong.
I do not understand what the readme.txt says not to do .. it does not translate well
can someone explain me step by step?
would really appreciate it, I've been trying to install dingux 2 weeks and I'm going crazy.
many thanks

zear

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 10:00:14 am »
I downloaded and when I load ddf auto dual boot, my screen is frozen and dingux logo.
If I understand correctly, this means the dualboot was installed correctly. Now what you need is a miniSD card. You need to copy Dingux data on it.
Dualboot is only a simple bootloader program that allows the Dingoo to boot from the miniSD card slot. It does not contain Dingux itself. In order to run Dingux, you need to insert a miniSD card with Dingux on it.

For a Dingoo with your ILI (3998) you have two options of Dingux:
1) an old version of the kernel. It has some bugs that were fixed in the newer releases:can't poweroff (only restart), no swap support, but otherwise it should work (download)
2) a new port of linux to the dingoo called OpenDingux (it is not released yet, but I'll ask the developers if they can release a beta version. It's very playable if you don't mind a couple of emulators that don't work with it)

This is the procedure of installing Dingux on miniSD card:
1) format the card with fat32 file system
2) copy the correct zImage according to your ILI type (you have to copy it on card as "zImage", remove the "ILI*" part from the filename)
3) copy the rootfs file
4) create a directory "local"
5) if you decided to use Dingux and not OpenDingux, you will now have to download a menu system. You can get one here: download. Follow the instructions inside
6) Insert your card to the Dingoo, turn the Dingoo on and press "select" when the black "Dingux" logo appears. Dingux system should now boot. If it didn't, something went wrong. Especially check if the zImage is called "zImage" and that it's placed on the top of the filesystem (and not in some sub-directory)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:04:49 am by zear »

lopez69

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 12:02:15 pm »
many thanks for your reply.

I have the mini sd copied the 0.35 local, with the files zimage (ili9338) rofts, .. and formatted in FAT 32.
The problem I have it when I try to install the Dingoo dualboot on the program  ``auto ddf'??I get the dingux logo and freezes, it leaves me no dingux's setup menu or not installed either, not that can happen ..

this is the step that I get: 5 - If you did everything right Dingoo a menu must-have waiting for you (this step is what's in the idiot's guide). You have to choose your options, something like OK, OK, Dual Boot, OK (if I'm not wrong).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:07:50 pm by lopez69 »

radon86

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 01:59:04 pm »
lopez69, try this non-auto installation guide, it's may help you. You can use "/local" directory and "rootfs" from this pack.

zear, I try use OpenDingux, because booboo kernel don't support TV-out, swap and Power-Off. I successful compiled opendingux-kernel from github with a320_defconfig + menuconfig for ILI9338 support, but I can't build rootfs.bin, because I don't know how to configure buildroot correct. Old binary rootfs.bin (from here) isn't compability with new o-d kernel (error message ~ "can't mount rootfs").
May be developers can release pre-build o-d rootfs? Thanks.

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:39 am »
hi,

just because i was asked to build an kernel for ILI9338 here it is:
http://sience.schattenkind.net/dingoo/SiENcE_downloads.htm

Grab: dingux_kernel_110706_by_SiENcE.zip

Read the Readme.txt file !

I don't have an ILI9338 Dingoo, so it would be cool if someone can test this.

Extract and rename 110705_ILI9338_zImage to zImage and put it on your sd-card.

The second file is only for programmers.

Features:
------------
0) It's a modified version of the all know booboo legacy kernel.

1) RTC (already from boukichi's kernel)

2) PowerOff (already from boukichi's kernel)

3) Safe Reset (Start+Select+PowerButton Up) (already from boukichi's kernel)

4) hold key as SDLK_PAUSE to not lose the compatiblity with some games (already from boukichi's kernel)

5) i2c + fbcon patch for TVOUT-Tool (thx to uli)

6) Swap file support

7) and the following Kernel Options to get Virtual Mouse support

Please give me feedback, that i can put it on my official download page!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:42:03 pm by SiENcE »

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 02:21:54 pm »
just because i was asked to build an kernel for ILI9338 here it is:
You are too kind!!!!!! Now I'd might buy me yet another new Dingoo because Dingux works w/ the new LCD screen I'd might receive.

Thank you.

P.S. [off topic] I tried to play Commander Keen (i.e. your avatar!) 4 to 6 on me Dingoo via Dosbox. I've mixed feelings. Sound is very laggy and gameplay a bit slow. But I'm 17 years older now and a bit slow too, so that's not that bad I guess... ;)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

k0en

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 03:37:26 pm »
Hi all,

I'm finding an unbricker tool for dingoo with ILI9338 screen. Somebody has an idea?

I've already write a post here to describe my problem: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hacks/unbrick-a320-with-ili9338-screen/msg31433/#new

Thanks

radon86

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 09:39:37 pm »
SiENcE, I tested this kernel. It's works!
- RTC, Power-Off, safe Reset, swap, virtual mouse - work very well.

I can't use TV-Out with tv-tool from Minimal Local Pack (white screen). Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 09:44:26 pm »
Ok thanks :).

I updated my Dingux Download page and added this Kernel to my Kernel pack.

Use my TVout-Tool when you use my Kernel.

Grab it from my page.
http://sience.schattenkind.net/dingoo/SiENcE_downloads.htm

If you have garbage on tv, Soft-Reboot your Dingoo and try again. It should work.

Ah and don't use an old gmenu2x and overclock. Old gmenu2x uses an tv unfriendly overclock method!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:21:57 pm by SiENcE »

radon86

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 09:52:29 pm »
Thanks you, SiENcE, for this kernel!
I will try to use the TV-Out tomorrow.

glaasje

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 10:04:08 pm »
Thanks!
you are awesome!  ;D
it is working perfect!

radon86

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 04:51:13 pm »
I tried use tv-out tool from here. Unfortunately, I have the same problem: after the launch of tv-out.dge (with --pal parameter) i see the console output or white screen (sometimes) on the dingoo, and nothing on the TV. Soft reboot hangs dingoo.

tv-out output log (gMenu2X log viewer):
Code: [Select]
FB at 0x0, len 0, LCDDA at 0x0
cpccr 0X40022220 cppcr 0x1b000520 lpcdr 0x9

TV-out works fine in the native os and opendingux.
Does anyone, who own a ILI9338, managed to run TV-out with SiENcE kernel?

Post a new topic