Author Topic: Have some form of dingux and opendingux together?  (Read 2601 times)

lordblip (OP)

Have some form of dingux and opendingux together?
« on: June 29, 2012, 06:20:15 am »
My idea is to have a kind of menu where you can select or opendingux dingux without colliding, because emulators such as fba or MAME4ALL are not yet ported to opendingux and runs much better but opendingux other emulators on all your tv-system out is only a good idea if you can do would be nice.

excuse my English I'm from chile and I wrote this with the google translator
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:21:59 am by lordblip »

marcos.souza

Re: Have some form of dingux and opendingux together?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »
Hi lordblip!

Now there is a port of MAME4ALL to OD:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoonity-news/mame4all-for-od-version-1-0-5064/

This solves your issue?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 10:32:44 pm »
Chile, nice, I'm in Valpo! :-)

I already succeeded to boot the Dingux kernel from OpenDingux using kexec. But the process is complicated and works only half the time...

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 10:49:34 pm »
I think you can edit the bootloader to recognice two different keys during boot (select for one, start for the other), and, based on that key, to look for different kernels. And after that, reflashing your device with that new bootloader and puting both kernels in the SDCard with the proper names.

Anyway, I've never seen any code of dingux or the bootloader, so I'm not even sure if this is possible. Better wait for more info before trying anything I said :P.

dwight2048

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 03:46:00 pm »
I copying zimage kernel with overwrite from native ?C/OS-II OS to flash and boot dingux or opendingux, because name of rootfs is different and minimal local pack not conflict with opendingux.

Post a new topic