Author Topic: Wad Pack  (Read 29838 times)

santino

Re: Wad Pack
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 01:49:37 pm »
Look at the readmes. There is written which files you need. ;)

fuzzi23 (OP)

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 12:30:27 am »
In the Wolf3d folder are many files with .wl1 ending. I installed the original Wolfenstein 3D and look into the folders. The only thing I can see are the same files, but with .wl6 ending. I change the .wl1 with the .wl6 files. Than I become message: Wolf3D files not found. What's wrong please?

fuzzi23 (OP)

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 04:02:02 pm »
Please at least, can anyone tell me if the spear of destiny port only runs with the shareware wads, as i seen here: http://www.harteex.com/hosted/a320.freeforums.org/full-version-of-spear-of-destiny-on-wolf3dingoo-working-t1355.html
Can anyone confirm that? Because the port want run for me by using the original .sod files.

zear

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 05:04:51 pm »
Wolf3dingoo works with all the possible datafiles configuration.
If you actually downloaded that port, you'd notice there are binaries for all the wolf3D versions.
This is linux world my friend, and in linux world, you check it first, ask second.

I think I'm starting to understand joyrider..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:09:38 pm by zear »

fuzzi23 (OP)

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 12:26:11 am »
OK, at last I have managed to run the last two games of the ports in fullversion. But in actual fact not quiet. Spear of Destiny starts, but then the game requires a passord. Please can anyone help at this last point?

shugs81

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30:54 am »
I only seem to have the sharewareversion and I got this in the 0.34 local pack...

I have the original too... how would i get it to work or would i need to d/l it from somewhere else?

santino

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 11:42:36 am »
@ shugs81

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-games-and-homebrew/creating-a-new-local-pack/

There is a little info next to each game, what you have to change to make it full. :)

shugs81

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 02:41:18 pm »
cheers for that... might make for an interesting drive home!!! lol!!

fuzzi23 (OP)

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 06:28:20 pm »
Once again I try to request. ;D All the ports now works fine for me, but the only thing that bothers me is that password detection from SoD. I found a list of the required passwords, and I can now start this port, but without this password detection it would be easier. Some people told me that there is no password protection in SoD. I've tryed some datafiles from different sources, but all this files required passwords. If these versions, without password protection, exist generally?

Bouvrie

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 10:15:53 pm »
I'd assume password protection would be present in the executable, rather than the data files? So if you get the password prompt, it's the emulator acting up. I recall something about requiring a different binary to start the full game, perhaps you're trying to play the full game with the demo binary?
Write/save problems? Segmentation faults? Black screens? Read the Troubleshooting and FAQ guide first to fix your issues! :)
SD Card readonly/corruption issues? Chkdisk /F and steer clear from DMenu: use GMenu instead!

fuzzi23 (OP)

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2010, 11:48:45 pm »
I'd assume password protection would be present in the executable

Yes Bouvrie, after I posting this, I found out that the password protection are written down in the executable. This is correct.

perhaps you're trying to play the full game with the demo binary?

I think so, but all versions I tried, are seems to be these demo binarys are. Where can I get an full version binary please?

Bouvrie

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2010, 11:47:32 pm »
Get it from http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,131 and choose the correct executable.
Write/save problems? Segmentation faults? Black screens? Read the Troubleshooting and FAQ guide first to fix your issues! :)
SD Card readonly/corruption issues? Chkdisk /F and steer clear from DMenu: use GMenu instead!

fuzzi23 (OP)

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »
Do I am something wrong? I think the right executable is the 'Spear of Destiny Full and Mission Disks' executable. When I look into the executable, I can see the same entrys from the password detection. And when I use this executable, the dectection apperas as expected. :(

Demosfen

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 11:10:22 am »
And when I use this executable, the dectection apperas as expected. :(
Easy as 1-2-3 :)
Try to read sources "readme file" next time :) Here is commandline options for SoD:

For Spear of Destiny the following additional options are available:
 --mission <mission>    Mission number to play (1-3)
 --goodtimes            Disable copy protection quiz

So edit dmenu files like this:

MenuItem Spear_Of_Destiny
{                   
Icon = "res/ports/Sod.png"
Name = "Spear Of Destiny"                   
Executable = "./wolf3d --goodtimes"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/Spear_Of_Destiny"
}

madhatter

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 04:14:35 am »
shadow warrior works  with full version of game if you put the right files in

topera

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 03:59:50 pm »
i can't find the goodtimes files. i'm using local 0.35 and my spear needs password. can anyone up those files for us? that one at openhandled asks for password.

Post a new topic