Author Topic: Project Ideas and Requests  (Read 111219 times)

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
Re: Project Ideas and Requests
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2010, 11:22:43 am »
found in other thread
http://koti.mbnet.fi/hinkka/Download.html Source code quake 1, 2, 3 symbian phones. ?is posibble port this?

We already have Quakux :D

I know there has to be people here who also like Quake 2! ;D
I doubt it'll run any good on Dingux when Quakux already have major FPS issues =/

joyrider

• Willems Soft
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2010, 10:59:19 pm »
about sokoban :

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,272

it's my version of the game (not a port but a clone) and sdl based, contains about 1000 levels and option to create your own levels on the go (meaning on the dingoo itselve) more then enough if you ask me :)

about lbreakout 2:

doesn't run in 320x240 as far as i remember, i ported it once to the gp2x but the sdl lib for the gp2x automaticly downscaled it
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:06:29 pm by joyrider »

RodrigoCard

• Mac Joystick Apps
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2010, 04:28:29 am »
Why? You have no mouse. You want to use the D-Pad to draw on Dingoo? Holy crap. You must have time.
No mouse on the GP2X either, yet they released it for the GP2X ;)

GP2X F200 have a Touchscreen ;)

jimjim1983

« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2010, 11:25:32 pm »
Is a Command & Conquer port possible? the dingoo should be able to run it

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2010, 12:14:55 am »
Is a Command & Conquer port possible? the dingoo should be able to run it
Maybe it'll run on DOSBox? IIRC, the first C&C doesn't require Windows.

Chaoswarmech

« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2010, 02:52:13 am »
I think an awesome port would be I Wanna Be The Guy(http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/index.php). In his FAQ he says it can't be ported to a DS/PSP and he will ban anyone who asks :-\, but he says it's a hack of the ROM Battletoads. Is there some way to make this game back into a ROM and play it that way? I know very little about programming, but it seems plausible to me. Any ideas?

Everett

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2010, 08:25:22 pm »
I have two suggestions:

OpenLiero X: OpenLiero's fun and all, but the version used in dingux (from what I understand) is ancient even though there are more recent versions, and openliero x lets the user choose skins and mods to change the look and feel of the game, and that'd be great for the dingoo. (Website: http://www.openlierox.net/ Source: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openlierox/files/openlierox/OpenLieroX%200.59%20beta9/OpenLieroX_0.59_beta9.src.tar.bz2/download )

Doom 64 EX: Doom 64 EX is an unofficial port of the Nintendo 64 game of the same name. For those who don't know, Doom 64 was an entirely different beast than all the other ports that had been made to this point for various consoles, with new graphics, new music (the sound effects were borrowed from the psx version of Doom) and new maps, and a new storyline. But more importantly it had an updated engine that allowed the map to be dynamically modified during play (for exemple, having a terraformer crush the floor which lets you progress further in the map), things which the normal open source ports of doom on the pc (and consoles/handhelds) cannot do. There is a re-creation called Doom 64 - The Absolution, but it's far from perfect. There are no linux ports for the moment but the developers are reportedly working on one. ( Website: http://doom64ex.sourceforge.net/ )

darkmasterdj

« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2010, 07:17:43 am »
As for hexen2, it runs on dingux with ~5fps, totally unplayable. Still, if people really want it, i can upload the binary somewhere.
Fheroes2 needs a mouse to navigate, plus the 320x240 gui is far from being usable (no battle screen, for example).
OpenLieroX is a completely different game than OpenLiero. OpenLiero is a reverse-engineered clone of the original Liero, while OpenLieroX is a game that looks like liero, but aims at multiplayer gameplay and has support for more than 2 players at once.
I didn't know that OpenLieroX can run on resolutions smaller than 640x480, I'll give it a try, but I have a feeling it requires quite a powerful cpu to run.

But anyway, thanks for the link, there are some games here I never heard before :)

Hello,
i'm interested in the hexen2 binary   :)

I've found something like Warcraft II and Starcraft. It's called Wargus & Stargus - the engine "Stratagus" is open source.

SteelWings

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2010, 02:30:10 pm »
How about XCom?
http://openxcom.ninex.info/ here is the source of the OpenXCom project.
BTW, it uses SDL, so porting will be easier, I think.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:32:02 pm by SteelWings »

Shin-NiL

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2010, 06:11:18 pm »
How about XCom?
http://openxcom.ninex.info/ here is the source of the OpenXCom project.
BTW, it uses SDL, so porting will be easier, I think.
Thanks.

It was really easy, at least to build  ;)

As I never played this game before, I do not know if it is fully functional. As far as I can see it's running well, with some minor flaws with bg music.

If someone who knows the game is available for testing, here is the dingux binary: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B13E5O44

What you'll need:

• Elta's latest rootfs;
  • SiENcE's virtual mouse;
  • SiENcE's latest kernel;
  • X-Com/UFO game data.

Good luck :P

mrkingoo

« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2010, 08:49:44 pm »
Thanks Shin-NiL!

Gonna try it out :)

Ikonz101

« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2010, 05:19:48 pm »
What about Frotz (Interactive Fiction - Interpreter - Lets you play interactive fiction - Such as Zork!). I believe this would be a very simple port and benefit to the community. Here is the link: http://frotz.sourceforge.net/ Would love to play some interactive fiction on the Dingoo!!!

Ikonz101

P.S

Here is the link to the updated versions of Frotz (v2.43): http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXinfocomXinterpretersXfrotz.html

zear

« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2010, 05:53:57 pm »
Frotz requires a keyboard to type. So no, it wouldn't be a simple port, but rather a port where you have to design virtual keyboard and some sort of a gui instead of the curses interface (curses has a problem with dingux button layout) ;P
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:55:39 pm by zear »

Ikonz101

« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2010, 06:19:39 pm »
Makes sense :) I was thinking that the curses interface would work but you explained that. Hopefully someone with some programming knowledge will take a interest in this. There is another IF interpreter I found called Zoom: http://www.logicalshift.co.uk/unix/zoom/ This one is a little more robust as it allows you to play Z-Code (Inform 7 compatibility), TADS and HUGO files.

Thanks
Ikonz101

laurent0977

« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2010, 06:57:22 pm »
hello,

Game and watch emulator released on wiz and pandora. can you port this emulator on dingoo ?

laurent

Nevinryal

Re: Project Ideas and Requests-Carmageddon
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2010, 06:02:02 pm »
First of all let me tell you this is a DAMNED FUN GAME. It was always fun and in the later levels could be very challenging to finish off the opponents while trying to find all the secret weapons hidden around the map.

Carmageddon was released for DOS in 1997 by Stainless Games after trying unsuccessfully to settle on a license to use so int he end they said to hell with it and continued the work without a license, this of course left the development team a massive amount of freedom with which to give birth to this carnivore. Now nothing against you gamers who like race car games, but personally I think they suck in general. That was until Carmageddon.....Mowing through roving packs of pedestrians just to garner more time, plowing thru your enemies and beeating them senselessly into a pulp with a SOLID GRANITE CAR or being a complete retard with JELLY SUSPENSION, or going Deadly Low Rider with GRAVITY FROM JUPITER. Having trouble getting pedestrians? No problem, let the Electro-Bastard-Ray do the work for you and zap them at a distance as you pass them by. Did you manage to beat one of your opponents into the road hard enough to earn the right to drive their hotrod? HELL YEA look who's got the new sports car with Scythe Blades jutting out the front and a top speed of 200+ mph!

I know that if it could be done it would become one of the number one, "whip it out and kick some ass" game on the dingoo.
People would be on the bus and just road rage on their dingoo while everyone on their Iphones, and Itouches, and Idildo's or whatever just stare in bewilderment. But enough about that now down to the specs.

This dos based game ran on a 90Mhz Pentium CPU required 16 MB of ram, 20MB of HDD space, you needed an SVGA capable system, and a color depth of 256 colors. I'll be honest at the time i has an AST Adventure 200 series desktop with a whopping 8mb of ram at the time and even I managed to run it just fine. There was a special mode that you could run it in to use it on a much lower system at the cost of a few frills (mostly graphic i think) that to be honest I couldn't even notice while playing the game.
Now I don't know if the Dingoo could handle this game but I am hopeful, if I had the skills to do the things you guys do, know that I would be the one announcing this was ported and not making the request. I don't know what I can do to help make this happen but if you do tell me and I'd be willing to help out in anyway possible. Best of luck to you all, if anyone can do it. It's you..

joyrider

• Willems Soft
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2010, 06:53:55 pm »
you have saved yourselve a lot of hassle if you bothered to look at the first post !

ports require sources !

n1nj4ofshr3d

« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2010, 07:12:20 am »
has any thought of making a clone of Lego Creater?
the graphics don't have to be just like the original, it would be cool

darfgarf

« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2010, 07:32:09 am »
Let me just add to what joyrider said
Ports require sourcecode, clones require someone with the skill, enough free time, and the balls to remake a game, not exactly the easiest of task

Nevinryal

« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2010, 09:20:31 pm »
I never claimed to have understood full well what it takes to make such things possible in fact I admitted to not having the skills to do it myself. No I didn't read everything on the first page or the following 12 pages of posts aside from maybe "Project Ideas" and "Requests" and not much else however my only crime was that I felt an opportunity to express my honest desire to see a game that I enjoyed to no small degree be somehow made to run on the Dingoo. I don't have the knowledge/expertise/skill to do any of the things I see some of you people doing but I do what I can to hold on and enjoy this marvel of a device for what it is and hope for something greater. I'm not sure how, why, or even if, this post went from honest to god, "If only" requests that could be simply acknowledged and then disregarded in private afterwards as "silly" or "impossible". If my "Idea" or "Request" is unreasonable for some reason I can accept that but to be honest I had never considered while creating my OP that anyone would go the route of basically delivering the equivalent of ...."YOU WASTED YOUR BREATH DUMBASS"
or....
"HAHA WHAT HE SAID, SILLY RABBIT TRICKS ARE FOR KIDS AND THOSE WITH BIG ENOUGH TESTICLES"

So with out further ado, fuck me for breathing.  I'll come back when I can finally say something that can be received without such whiplash for what was just intended to be a god honest request. Like..nothing at all...

Post a new topic