Author Topic: lunar silver star  (Read 4852 times)

darielb_87 (OP)

lunar silver star
« on: November 26, 2011, 05:43:37 pm »
how come every lunar silver star i download for the sega cd does not work. Lunar 2 works perfectly fine. it always goes to the screen that says lunar silver star and then goes to a black screen. i downloaded it from different websites, and i get the same results.

HercTNT

Re: lunar silver star
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 11:50:34 pm »
Someone can correct me on the finer details of this. Its my understanding that sega cd is not supported on picodrive for dingux do to technical issues. Some games will simply not work no matter what you do, or were you get them. I can tell you i dont use picodrive for sega cd as almost every game i have tried either did not work, or so poorly it was not any fun to play.  Best thing you can do is google to see if anyone has made a list discussing what games do work, and what ones dont and what they had to do to get them to work. I have not seen anything like that around here so it is doubtful that anyone here can help you.  Picodrive is available for many other platforms. try other forums like PSP forums and see if they have had better luck.

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »
CD-audio (either as part of the disc image or as separate mp3 files) is not supported in dingux picodrive (IIRC, it's still in the code, but the option cannot be enabled) as the a320's CPU is too slow to handle it. Lunar likely doesn't work because it makes heavy use of CD audio (for both the video segments and almost all BGM), while Lunar 2 has no problems because it uses no CD audio (all digital audio is compressed into data).

Like Herc said, look for games that have little or no CD audio tracks for best compatibility. Here's a list of games you might want to avoid: http://segaxtreme.net/community/topic/4518-sega-cd-audio-track-list/ , I say might since just because it has a lot of CD audio doesn't necessarily mean it won't work at all, apparently Sonic CD plays pretty good, only lacking most of the BGM.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

darielb_87 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:59:14 pm »
oh ok.so is there an emulator that does work. i really want to play lunar before i play lunar 2

HercTNT

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 05:19:39 am »
not for the dingoo it simply does not have the ability. If you have a computer there are several emulators that can play sega cd games very well. Any up to date emulation site such as www.zophar.net can help. I have no idea what one is best. you have to start doing some footwork testing them out on your own to find out whats gonna work best for you.

dingooforever

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »
oh ok.so is there an emulator that does work. i really want to play lunar before i play lunar 2

I tested Lunar The Silver Star on Dingux Psx4All DX and it runs surprisingly well, only problem is a black vertical flashing bar on the right portion of the screen during FMV but, for the rest, the game is totally playable. This is my setup:

Bios: Scph1001
Cycles: 4
Frameskip: 0/1
Compression Level: cbn9
Frequency: 430 Mhz

So, if you want to play Lunar Silver Star on Dingoo, Psx4All is the only way to do it.

darielb_87 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 01:03:06 am »
heres the problem, i already had a hard time putting the sega cd to work (i got lucky), im gonna have a harder time getting the psx emulator working. i suck with setting this up, but ill try

darielb_87 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 02:39:38 am »
i already know im gonna have trouble cause i dont understand what to do. does anyone know a video i can watch that will be very helpful, or can someone dumb down the directions of how to get psx4all to work.

Post a new topic