Joyrider just released his gmenu2x port. (look here)
What do you think? Change to gmenu2x? Or maybe use both dmenu and gmenu with a bootscript?
you can actually include both and people can choose what they want :
1) make 2 main scripts in sbin named main.gmenu2x and main.dmenu (they both contain the code to start the menu as if it was a main script)
2) make another 2 (dge) scripts one named gmenu2x.dge and one named dmenu.dge
3) in the gmenu2x.dge do a "rm /boot/local/sbin/main" and a "cp /boot/local/sbin/main.gmenu2x /boot/local/sbin/main"
4) in the dmenu2x.dge do a "rm /boot/local/sbin/main" and a "cp /boot/local/sbin/main.demnu/boot/local/sbin/main"
5) make an icon dmenu that links to gmenu2x.dge
6) make an icon in gmenu2x that links to dmenu.dge
7) do not forget to choose one menu as the default one (by copying the main file )
basically it will replace the main script, and dingux will check for the new main script and start the other menu
optionally you can have even more such scripts to make for example dinguxxmb or FSM (by darfgraf) or micromenu the default menu ...
that way users can switch from dmenu to gmenu2x and vice versa. (and or other menu's) and they can choose which one they want from within the menu's
the only thing i don't know is how dmenu restarts itself, if it lets the main script do it this will work