Author Topic: Doom on dingux  (Read 4794 times)

Nik nak

Doom on dingux
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:52:33 am »
Hi all,

Absolute noob to this so please be gentle!  :)

I have Doomgoo and PRDoom and the wads and things all seemingly in the right places on the sd card as I can play them all fine, but as soon as I try to save the game it says save failed and won't let me save state to play on next time. I have found the dmenu.cfg file in the theme I have running and have copied all the .cfg details from the Doomgoo .cfg file and they appear in the menus fine so I assume the working directories are ok as well. (Not sure if this is even important for saving games)

Anyone have any ideas as to why it won't save state? Thanks in advance!

zear

Re: Doom on dingux
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 02:34:06 pm »
Check if your card isn't corrupted.

Nik nak

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:01:25 pm »
Thanks...
All else works fine I think. (Mind you I can't save state with Snes9x either sometimes) Do I Reformat and start over or is there another way of checking SD Card corruption?
 :)

zear

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 04:45:11 pm »
If you're on linux, you can do fsck.vfat /dev/[card]
As for windows, no idea, but there's also a way.
If the card is corrupted, dingux switches it to read-only mode, so that would explain being unable to save in snes9x and other apps.

CongoZombie

• * Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:58:48 pm »
Try my version (CZDoom) http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,174

I changed it so that all of the saves and cfgs are written to the same folder as the executable- it could be that the settings folder for the other versions isn't writable (I have that problem with hexen and heretic).

My version has control mods for the dingoo anyway ;)

ruffnutts

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 08:20:54 pm »
I`ve got problems with prboom or CZDoom seeing the wad packs total conversions ect - I`m using gmenu2x btw
Any ideas? - I did have doomgoo working when I used to use dmenu......or am I mixing the to up lol

nutts out  ;)

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:47:01 pm »
You need to give the doom executable some commandline parameters, should be in the readme...
Iirc it was something like ./czdoom -cooldoommod.wad, check your dmenu config.  ;D

Post a new topic