Author Topic: Dingux Local Pack v0.35 - 31.05.2010  (Read 141292 times)

Rosenkranz

Re: Dingux Local Pack v0.35 - 31.05.2010
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2011, 12:50:38 am »
like FM radio in Dingux and boot without micro sd card in the next release
Heh, I thought that was clear from the beginning, the next release of OD won't allow installing on NAND. It's being worked on, but it won't be on the first release.

Sorry i didn't realise that. :-[ I will edit it.

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2011, 04:34:02 am »
Sorry to revive an ancient thread (again), but how come this version is outdated? It seems to be the latest version on here anyway! Can someone point me to the non-dated version then?
This local packs are outdated but that doesn't mean there are newer versions. Someone made a compressed file with everything that was available at the time and posted it, apps and emulators made by different people, in different stages of development. They're outdated because most of those apps and emulators are updated when the developers have time, and noone will be "repacking" everything everytime an updates of something is made.
Also, there are more than one version for almost everything (like... 3 doom engines! 3 SNES9x ports!) so... it's too much work to keep a unique file with everything updated and it's not really necessary.

You shouldn't be looking for local packs like this, search for "minimum local pack" if you'll stay with legacy dingux, that way you'll have a clean dingux install with the essential things (kernel, gmenu2x, etc) and search the forum for everything else you want. It's not quick and it's not "easy", but that's unavoidable if you want more than the native firmware and you want the updated versions.

Off topic: These boards could use some archiving. As a newcomer I love all the life on here, but I've already been panicked three times about bugs which are now fixed, and this is the second time I seem to have installed something which is dated! It's impossible to tell which instructions to follow and which to ignore.
You really don't need a lot of instructions or tutorials, install the dualboot (zear's instructions), choose between legacy or open Dingux and install it, and then follow the instructions of the things you want to use.
Is hard to tell wich is the latest legacy dingux, there are different versions but they're not chronological so they have different things... i think I used SCiENcE kernel until OpenDingux release.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:36:53 am by DiegoSLTS »

perrodingoo

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2012, 09:01:48 pm »
Hello! The links are "dead". Please upload it again, if it is possible to mediafire or dropbox or similar. Thanks!
By the way, why Half-Life isn't working? What I need to do or it is for older Dingux versions?
Can someone tell me why in "BB" demoscene the sound is working but no image appear?

zear

« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »
Any local packs are outdated, software from them is not compatible with modern dingux/opendingux firmware.

perrodingoo

« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2012, 03:49:51 pm »
Any local packs are outdated, software from them is not compatible with modern dingux/opendingux firmware.
Yes, I know that. But I'm using latest minimal Dingux Local Pack with "latest" kernel + local pack 0.35, but I have deleted some of appcications and now I want to install them again. This local pack 0.35 was the most complete I seen. Also I htink to change the outdated apps with the newest updated for the web site called OpenHandhelds and then upload somewhere the updated 0.35 local pack.
I think it would be difficult to update apps such as OpenBOR, because the new versions appear "every day".
By the way, most of old apps are working in OpenDingux too.

darth_llamah

« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2012, 05:42:04 pm »
Yes, I know that. But I'm using latest minimal Dingux Local Pack with "latest" kernel + local pack 0.35, but I have deleted some of appcications and now I want to install them again. This local pack 0.35 was the most complete I seen.
Just search for apps you need here on forums or  on OpenHandhelds
Also I htink to change the outdated apps with the newest updated for the web site called OpenHandhelds and then upload somewhere the updated 0.35 local pack.
I think it would be difficult to update apps such as OpenBOR, because the new versions appear "every day".
By the way, most of old apps are working in OpenDingux too.
Apps are beeing updated for OpenDingux so there is no point in updating any local pack- OpenDingux is not and will never be 100% compatible with Dingux

perrodingoo

« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2012, 06:49:38 pm »
Apps are beeing updated for OpenDingux so there is no point in updating any local pack- OpenDingux is not and will never be 100% compatible with Dingux
OK, thanks for your answer, I'll take that in mind.

Post a new topic