Author Topic: Dingux Local Pack v0.34 2k10 beta1  (Read 85868 times)

terios68

Re: Dingux Local Pack v0.32a
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2009, 07:27:41 am »
Hi Toddler

Firstly. you really do a great job on dingux scene.
I have installed dingux recently on my Dingoo but I still face a problem that I can't solve it through your updates.
When dingux starts everything is fine. When I alter the volume on the menu with the shoulder buttons and I restart, Dingoo never switch on again. After dingux boot the screen becomes blank and no action can be taken except reset.
If I copy the oriiginal "home" folder back to SD everything works fine again. This is really an annoying situation and I can't figure out what I do wrong. I have also to mention that the memory I use is a 4GB SDHC formatted to FAT32. After formatting I just copied the local-0.32 files on it. I have the same effect with the previous versions as well.

Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance

goldenegg

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2009, 09:58:27 am »
Terios68,

Try pressing 'X'.  It's possible you're running in to the bug where your brightness starts at zero.  Pressing 'X' will raise the screen brightness.

terios68

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2009, 10:48:10 am »
Thanx...I will try this way.I think,it shouldn't be something so simple because none of the keys are responsive, the screen is switched off and if it was only the brigtness, the clicking menu sound should be still audible when pressing left-right. The dingoo is freezing and only reset is able to reboot it again

Chris23235

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 11:00:59 am »
No sound is audible, cause to this bug sound is set to 0 too. Had the same problems several times after some emulators crashed and I had to reset. First times I thought buttons were not responsive too, but I just didn't tried the X button.

By the way, how do you restart? I think it is critical to restart your Dingoo via Reboot, otherwise I think the values aren't saved.

EDIT: Thanks toddler for 0.32a

terios68

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 12:09:58 pm »
The Reboot option wasn't something that I have been aware of. I'll try again today to alter the volume and Reboot Dingux in order to have settings saved.
Is it a bug that could be fixed in near future dingux package versions?

Chris23235

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2009, 12:17:44 pm »
Seems to be a bug of dmenu 0.4 (at least the black screen after a crash), toddler used dmenu 0.3 again for the latest update to 0.32a

roblynch68

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2009, 03:41:21 pm »
Just updated to 0.32a thanks to Toddler.  I just noticed that Doomgoo doesn't work anymore.  Do I have to alter anything?  All the required files are in the right places and it worked fine for 0.32. 

terios68

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2009, 04:10:07 pm »
At last, everything worked fine with me!!!! The X button modified the brightness and the sound worked perfectly.

Thanx guys!!!

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2009, 06:42:47 pm »
Are the local images still downloadable? The links in the top post do not work for me. Or is it too busy on the Megaupload site?
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

s3rious_simon

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 08:02:36 pm »
works fine, except shutdown.
good work, toddler  !

The downloads still seem to work, btw.
But there are other users complaining about problems with megaupload.  :-[

batman52

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 01:05:20 pm »
@Toddler:
i hope you can add the package install feature in the next release as explained here:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-development/how-to-manage-software-packages-with-ipkg-in-dingux/

Stevie A

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2009, 06:58:02 pm »
First of all, thanks so much for this. As a first time user, it was really great to see my new Dingoo transform into an even more incredible machine than I thought it was in the first place!

Secondly, I've had a few issues, sadly. DoomGoo doesn't work for me either and also, some of the themes or wallpapers appear to be corrupt. When I've tried to change it, my Dingoo sometimes crashes and says it can't find a picture file. I've had a look and downloaded the pack a few times but still the same thing happens.

Hopefully I won't have a problem with the next update but for now, I'm truly thankful for what you've given me and many users out there! Cheers!

mrLogan

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 07:15:02 am »
0.32a contains an old version of Just4Qix, the latest version is 0.1 and can be found at

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?,0,0,0,27,187

nsiraser

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2009, 02:44:14 am »
got it
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:13:35 am by nsiraser »

gromit77

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2009, 10:02:21 pm »
thanks for this update, always appreciated.

Can the sound when scrolling the menu be turned off though? i preferred it silent.

m0wtJ

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2009, 10:15:12 pm »
Great job, I really admire your hard work :-)

I have a little question.
When I delete the games I don't use, will my Dingux be unstable?
Should I change code in some files or ... ?

bmg002

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2009, 10:28:45 pm »
Great job, I really admire your hard work :-)

I have a little question.
When I delete the games I don't use, will my Dingux be unstable?
Should I change code in some files or ... ?

If you delete games you don't use, make sure to update the theme file to not load games that do not exist.  For example:
(assuming windows)
If you delete the game Biniax2, open x:\local\dmenu\themes\<theme you use>\menu_game.cfg (I use notepad++) and remove the following lines:
    MenuItem Biniax2
    {
        Icon = "res/game2.png"
        Name = "Biniax2"
        Executable = "./biniax2"
        WorkDir = "/usr/local/biniax2"
    }
This will remove the game from the menu as well.  If we (the dingux community) standardize the file extension for executable files, it would be easy to write up a quick script that could do a directory search and automatically populate the menu for dmenu.
Thoughts?
The Gh0ce_>0

m0wtJ

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2009, 10:44:55 pm »
If you delete games you don't use, make sure to update the theme file to not load games that do not exist.  For example:
(assuming windows)
If you delete the game Biniax2, open x:\local\dmenu\themes\<theme you use>\menu_game.cfg (I use notepad++) and remove the following lines:
    MenuItem Biniax2
    {
        Icon = "res/game2.png"
        Name = "Biniax2"
        Executable = "./biniax2"
    }
This will remove the game from the menu as well.  If we (the dingux community) standardize the file extension for executable files, it would be easy to write up a quick script that could do a directory search and automatically populate the menu for dmenu.
Thoughts?
The Gh0ce_>0

Great man, that just what I was looking for :-)
So I can delete as much as I can from the local map?
As long as I edit this (these) files?

Thank you very much!

laurent0977

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2009, 10:54:07 pm »
Hi,

I have the toddler pack 0.31 a (modified with psx4all) not 0.32, but it's very difficult install an other emulator or homebrews.

I would like to create shortened for hugo (pc engi and and nes).

Sorry my english is not good

Thanks

bmg002

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2009, 02:06:00 am »
(assuming windows)
    MenuItem Biniax2
    {
        Icon = "res/game2.png"
        Name = "Biniax2"
        Executable = "./biniax2"
    }
Thoughts?
The Gh0ce_>0

Great man, that just what I was looking for :-)
So I can delete as much as I can from the local map?
As long as I edit this (these) files?

Thank you very much!
Technically, you do not need to edit the files... but if you don't you will still have the shortcuts there and the shortcuts won't actually run anything.  So it is recommended but not required.
The Gh0ce_>0

Post a new topic
Post a new topic