Author Topic: Dingux local Pack 0.33a  (Read 11045 times)

Chris23235 (OP)

Dingux local Pack 0.33a
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:10:45 pm »
A few weeks ago, I upped my personal 0.33 version of toddler's local pack. Since nobody seemed to be bothered by me upping this pack and since toddler didn't upped any update recently I made another update of the pack. The majority of this pack is still toddler's pack, I only updated some parts.

Here is the changelog

local pack 0.33a

Fixed:
FCEU320 now works with fds files, as intended

Updated:
 Dingux
- eltas rootfs (http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-development/a-couple-of-rootfs-upgrades/)
 Applications
- dmenu 0.6 (all Wallpapers now can be selected again)
 Emulators
- Mame4All 1.2

To Do:
new icons for some programs, if anybody designs some, I will integrate them

local pack 0.33

This is my personal update of toddler's great local Pack. It is based on version 0.32a of this pack.
I hope it is ok for you toddler, if I release this version, cause there were many releases since version 0.32a, that I think an update would be necessary. If you don't want this update to be floating around, just give me a sign and I will delete it.

Added
- 1?qbQD4T5Z0949 dmenu 0.51 Pack

Emulators
- Dingux-TI 99
- Dingux-7800 1.1.0
- FCEU 0.1

Games
- Dingux-Go 1.1.0
- Dingux-Mancala 1.1.2

Updated:
 Emulators
- Dingux-Caprice 1.1.2
- Snes 9x 20091124
- Dingux Hugo 1.1.2
- NESEMU 0.2
 Games
- Just4Quix 0.1

Removed
Mplayer - Needs IPU enabled kernel, slows down other applications
Power Off - Function not included in the actual Dingux version

New Download Link

Note, the local pack inludes both zimage files, the one only called zimage is the 9331 image.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:51:21 pm by Chris23235 »

ctrl_shift_esc

Re: Dingux local Pack 0.33a
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:20:11 pm »
Upgrade time. Thank you so much for taking that burden of updating the pack. I don't know why Joyrider was so against it, I see it as an apex of all this developer's work.

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:32:44 pm »
hmm... a shitload of damaged files when unpacking. gotta work it out.

oh, multipost... sorry. please, delete one of them.

UPD. Downloaded twice, the same 993 damaged files.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:02:23 pm by ctrl_shift_esc »

Chris23235 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:59:03 pm »
Downloading the file myself now, to see, if I get damaged files too, the 7z on my hdd is fine, maybe some error on mediafire, if it is damaged, I will upload it to another filehoster.

EDIT: confirm, file broken, mediafire sucks, uploading it to uploaded.to right now.
EDIT2: New Download Link in first post, hope it works now
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:52:00 pm by Chris23235 »

GCM

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 01:46:25 am »
Thanks Chris for taking over from Toddler, I'm happy updating my own install at the moment, but I'm sure I'll fall behind and use a future release to catch up.

Some suggestions for future updates for the sake of completeness:

- Elta recompiled hexen, heretic and rotategear for use with his rootfs, I can confirm hexen and heretic work great, I haven't tested rotategear
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-development/a-couple-of-rootfs-upgrades/

- Dekthro's DekUI Theme - Awesome looking theme, I haven't tested it in dmenu 0.6 but it had some issues with dmenu 0.5. Santino has made an update for 0.6 but he says you have to delete the local/demu folder which probably isn't appropriate for a local pack. When its updated properly it would make an excellent addition to the current themes.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-themes/dekui/15/

- Ninjato's chess pieces - these are probably too personal a choice to go replacing the defaults, but could be included in a folder in the dingoo chess directory
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-releases/gnu-chess-piece-upgrade/

Solstice

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 02:44:11 am »
Thanks
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

santino

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 04:57:31 pm »
I could do an update the DekUI theme integrated if you want. Why isnt the Poweroff Function included? And why did you deactivate the overclock menu by default?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:49:17 pm by santino »

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 05:01:08 pm »
I could do an update the DekUI theme integrated if you want. Why isnt the Poweroff Function included?
I integrated this great theme myself but had no luck adding the battery and volume meters to it. Could you please explain how to do that?

santino

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 05:03:29 pm »
You can just delete the /local/dmenu and add there my dmenu0.6 package. That would work. I dont know how you tried to integrate it. But the volume meter and the battery icon hasnt much to do with the theme actually.

darfgarf

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 05:33:12 pm »
just so you know, as far as i'm aware the defendguin and dd2 in whoevers pack was compiled for an older kernel, so don't be surprised if there's errors (if anyone bothers trying em :P) just gimme a shout, need to redo them anyway, but if everyone complains it'd make it go faster XD

Chris23235 (OP)

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 07:18:43 pm »
I could do an update the DekUI theme integrated if you want. Why isnt the Poweroff Function included? And why did you deactivate the overclock menu by default?

Yeah, update would be welcome. I didn't include the Power Off function, cause I don't trust it, it seems to power the Dingoo down in a way, it isn't planned, but I can re-add it, no problem.
I'm not sure, if the overclocking is working right now, I never really used it, cause I overclock usually with the emulators, so I just saw, it gives some errors, when you ran it, not sure, if it works or not, don't really have the time to look at it this week, if you think it isn't working and you can fix it, an update would be welcome too. :)

santino

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 10:40:39 pm »
Ok Im working on it. Ive got a really nice updated DekUI Theme now with poweroff and overclocking. But I think there can be more.;)

App Guy

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 12:04:30 am »
FCEU320 is now version 0.2 just in case you have not updated it.

GCM

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 01:24:08 am »
a working power off isn't in the "official" zImage, its only available in vimrc's modified version, a few people (including me) can't get their dingoo to boot using the modified zImage (see: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-general/zimage-with-power-function-enabled/15/)

from my own testing putting an entry for power off in the menu when not using the correct zImage causes an error (requiring a hard reset) but putting the modified zImage in the local pack is going to mean for certain people their dingoo will not boot

until there is a universally working zImage with power off its probably not a good idea to include it in the local packs

one of the local packs had a zImage that worked on my dingoo and included shutdown but for some reason toddler removed it, I don't know which zImage it used and haven't bothered to test the old zImages because I assume it was removed for a reason

perhaps vimrc or the dingux google code page (http://code.google.com/p/dingoo-linux/) might be able to help some more with the power off and zImage issues

Chris23235 (OP)

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 08:42:49 am »
Ok Im working on it. Ive got a really nice updated DekUI Theme now with poweroff and overclocking. But I think there can be more.;)

I'm looking forward to it. It is a lot easier, if the packs aren't made by a single person, but by several persons. This would make the update rate much more frequent. :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:50:27 am by Chris23235 »

fettouhi

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 02:21:17 pm »
Could we get Supertux added to the local pack? Many thanks for the update :D. Plus where is Wizznic!?

Regards

Andr?

santino

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 04:26:07 pm »
Yes, you will get Supertux, im loving it, too.;)

If you want to help you can search for screenshots of the standard Themes: Toddler, Hellsing, Simple, Base. Then the themeselector will look much nicer.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:33:07 pm by santino »

fettouhi

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 07:12:26 pm »
Cool, please add openbor also to the pack :). But it seems like that wizznic isn't part of your pack at all? Any reason why it was removed? Plus why was scummvm moved to ports? The themes are still looking in emulators for scummvm.

Regards

Andr?

santino

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 07:18:07 pm »
Yes OpenBOR is included. And yes, i moved Scumm back to Emulators. Think I could release it in a few hours.

fettouhi

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 08:04:52 pm »
Cool, many thanks!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic