Author Topic: Mame4All question  (Read 3534 times)

nsiraser

Mame4All question
« on: November 05, 2009, 01:04:20 am »
Is it possible to exit out of a game when in mame4all?  I couldn't figure out how to do so.  The only way to do this is to reset the system.

goldenegg

Re: Mame4All question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 02:04:52 am »
Press both shoulder buttons and SELECT at the same time.

Goon8

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 03:34:59 am »
This is entirely my fault but I'm finding it extremely frustating that I don't know how to exit half the things I load up on Dingux and end up just hold a bunch of different buttons till something works!  ??? Unlike the native emulators where it's always start+select for menu/exit.

goldenegg

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 04:15:24 am »
This is entirely my fault but I'm finding it extremely frustating that I don't know how to exit half the things I load up on Dingux and end up just hold a bunch of different buttons till something works!  ??? Unlike the native emulators where it's always start+select for menu/exit.

What software have you been loading that doesn't come with instructions in a TXT file?  I can't think of any software I've put on where I didn't have instructions.

Bouvrie

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:46:02 am »
What software have you been loading that doesn't come with instructions in a TXT file?  I can't think of any software I've put on where I didn't have instructions.
True, but the point is rather valid: the current state of the community is rather decentralized, resulting in 'personal conventions' used when building applications.

It would be great if there would be a common controlscheme, or some more centralized conventions about 'best practices' for Dingoo/Dingux development.
Write/save problems? Segmentation faults? Black screens? Read the Troubleshooting and FAQ guide first to fix your issues! :)
SD Card readonly/corruption issues? Chkdisk /F and steer clear from DMenu: use GMenu instead!

schanall

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 10:09:16 am »
Yes! I totally agree. Who can remember a hundreds of  buttonsettings? I always read the txt file. But I'm to old to remember them after playing the game  :-[

Bouvrie

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:19:35 am »
Yes! I totally agree. Who can remember a hundreds of  buttonsettings? I always read the txt file. But I'm to old to remember them after playing the game  :-[
I posted a thread to discuss this aspect. Hopefully the scene will pick it up and create something organic. :)
Write/save problems? Segmentation faults? Black screens? Read the Troubleshooting and FAQ guide first to fix your issues! :)
SD Card readonly/corruption issues? Chkdisk /F and steer clear from DMenu: use GMenu instead!

codiak

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 11:37:39 am »
Maybe its possible to programm a daemon who waits for a defined keystroke to close the last started app?
This would be an easy way to exit all different apps with one keystroke.

Bouvrie

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 12:19:35 pm »
Maybe its possible to programm a daemon who waits for a defined keystroke to close the last started app?
This would be an easy way to exit all different apps with one keystroke.
Sounds cool, provided it doesn't use much resources, and it kills the last started app gracefully with a sync command; we wouldn't want more SD card corruption... :)

Probably a long shot, but it'd be nice if the volume control could be taken care of that way as well, across applications.

nsiraser

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 12:13:20 am »
Thanks for the info.

Goon8

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 12:27:29 am »
It would be great if there would be a common controlscheme, or some more centralized conventions about 'best practices' for Dingoo/Dingux development.

That's the way uh huh huh, I like it.

PLUS KARMA!

Really not the point.

MINUS KARMA!

Post a new topic