Author Topic: gPSP - OpenDingux - Save States Not Saving?  (Read 7362 times)

chansterling (OP)

gPSP - OpenDingux - Save States Not Saving?
« on: April 14, 2013, 05:29:31 pm »
Hello Folks,

I've been searching this board to see if anyone else has encountered this problem.

When I attempt to use the Save State feature on gPSP while running OpenDingux, it won't actually save a state. Now, I could be pressing the wrong buttons, or something as simple as that; however, I'm still not able to make it work.

I feel like I would rather use the native emulator, since that seems to work better, but the brightness of the native OS is killing me. It's just far too bright at night.

Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated.

zear

Re: gPSP - OpenDingux - Save States Not Saving?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 06:02:25 pm »
Where do you keep the roms? If you keep them on the NAND, which is read-only for OpenDingux, then no wonder it can't save the states/sram.

chansterling (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:19:39 pm »
The NAND is the internal drive, correct? The rom is currently on the SD card that boots OpenDingux.

(Also, thanks for the quick reply, Zear! I was worried these forums were a little quiet, but I just got my Dingoo, and I'm excited to play.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:21:14 pm by chansterling »

zear

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:54:26 pm »
Yes, the NAND is the internal drive. I don't use gpsp, so I can't help you with more details, but the NAND is read-only for OpenDingux, so if you were to save any file to that space, it wouldn't get saved.

pcercuei

• My devblog
Re: Re: gPSP - OpenDingux - Save States Not Saving?
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:23:13 am »
Where do you keep the roms? If you keep them on the NAND, which is read-only for OpenDingux, then no wonder it can't save the states/sram.
The latest gpSP made available save in the home directory. So you can put the ROMs in the NAND and it will still be able to save.

chansterling (OP)

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 12:04:46 am »
Thanks for the heads up, guys.

I'm not sure what happened, but I just deleted out the gPSP files from the SD and then put fresh files in and it worked fine.

False alarm, I guess, but thanks a bundle!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic