Author Topic: TV-out  (Read 24917 times)

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
Re: TV-out
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 12:24:23 am »
@uli: zImage-9325 works!

Is it in future possible, to disable the dingoo speakers when using tvout audio?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:28:54 am by SiENcE »

LTStone

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 12:25:38 am »
Yes all we need now is the overclock with tv-out , a way to turn off the lcd while in tv-out mode and....

A paypal account from Uli because some of us want to send this guy a donation :)

SiENcE

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 12:30:32 am »
I think, turn off is not needed, because its and Slcd and not an Lcd.

But set to the slcd to black would be usefull.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:48:45 am by SiENcE »

Siloucos

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 01:50:48 am »
I think everyone here is curious to know, I hope asking don't hurt. Did you "officially" give up on Psx4all Dingoo?

mth

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 02:12:31 am »
@uli: Great work!
Are you perhaps interested in cleaning up the patch and integrating it in the OpenDingux kernel? The idea behind the OpenDingux kernel is to reuse the work of the Qi Hardware people, who made the Ben NanoNote that also uses the Ingenic JZ SoC, to get an up-to-date (2.6.34 right now) and maintainable kernel for Dingux. At the moment most features work, except battery charge status and some bugs in the SLCD driver.

Reo

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 02:37:33 am »
Is RTC also enabled in this I2C kernel? Poweroff? Also, what's left now that isn't utilized in Dingux besides radio? If the corruption issues could be fixed and everything else tidied up, I'd flash my Dingoo so that Linux boots over the native OS.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:35:09 am by Reo »

LTStone

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 02:57:35 am »
I get no sound with scumm(monkey island 3), Vice, Frodo and UAE4all, anyone else have sound issues?

santino

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2010, 06:51:06 am »
Wow this is just awesome! Hail to the dingoonity! :)

darfgarf

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 09:08:45 am »
Is RTC also enabled in this I2C kernel? Poweroff? Also, what's left now that isn't utilized in Dingux besides radio? If the corruption issues could be fixed and everything else tidied up, I'd flash my Dingoo so that Linux boots over the native OS.

I'll he doing more work on the radio in a couple of weeks, got it sorted apart from the fact dingux won't write to the chip, something odd with the i2c drivers etc, I dunno

quadomatic

• * Former Staff
  • DingooWiki Admin
    • Dingoonity
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 09:21:21 am »
Very cool, I've been hoping this would come along

uli (OP)

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 10:33:58 am »
I think everyone here is curious to know, I hope asking don't hurt. Did you "officially" give up on Psx4all Dingoo?

"Officially"? Didn't know I'd have to register somewhere. ;)

No, I guess I just wasn't interested that much in the whole Dingoo thing anymore. In fact, I just stumbled over it a couple of days ago when I read in some blog that there was a new "localpack". I had actually assumed that this whole thing had died by now, given the rapid nature of change in the Chinese gadget market. To my surprise, it hadn't. :) So I browsed some posts on this board, and saw that people were trying to get TV output working in Linux, but all efforts seemed to die down at some point for reasons I could not fathom. Can't be that hard, I thought...

I might pick up work on psx4all at some point, but while I have more interesting things to do, I'll do those. :) I must say, however, that I do find it rather odd that everybody here seems wait for the messiah to hand down the code instead of taking matters into their own hands...

uli (OP)

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 10:38:35 am »
@uli: Great work!
Are you perhaps interested in cleaning up the patch and integrating it in the OpenDingux kernel?

Yes, absolutely, especially since it could pass as "real work". ;) (Would have to talk to my boss about that first, though.)

Is there an OpenDingux kernel mailing list?

zear

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 10:56:13 am »
No, I guess I just wasn't interested that much in the whole Dingoo thing anymore. In fact, I just stumbled over it a couple of days ago when I read in some blog that there was a new "localpack". I had actually assumed that this whole thing had died by now, given the rapid nature of change in the Chinese gadget market. To my surprise, it hadn't. :) So I browsed some posts on this board, and saw that people were trying to get TV output working in Linux, but all efforts seemed to die down at some point for reasons I could not fathom. Can't be that hard, I thought...
Well, it is indeed true that for some time dingux developement was stalled due to booboo's retirement from the project, though first poweroff and RTC patches, and now a completely new OpenDingux resurrected it. Dingux is alive again, and with your tv-out driver, even better than before :D
I must say, however, that I do find it rather odd that everybody here seems wait for the messiah to hand down the code instead of taking matters into their own hands...
Well, it's not that we are lazy, but mips asm knowledge is rather limited among the people :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:58:32 am by zear »

mrkingoo

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 11:46:20 am »
I must say, however, that I do find it rather odd that everybody here seems wait for the messiah to hand down the code instead of taking matters into their own hands...

You're not the Messiah?  :'(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjz16xjeBAA

Jokes aside I would have given it a shot myself but I know diddly squat about programming. It's all Greek to me :)

Solstice

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 12:03:35 pm »
Your the man!!! thanks very much uli  :D
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

SiENcE

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »
I might pick up work on psx4all at some point, but while I have more interesting things to do, I'll do those. :) I must say, however, that I do find it rather odd that everybody here seems wait for the messiah to hand down the code instead of taking matters into their own hands...

If you read the dingoonity News posts, it's obvious that people are working hard to port and enhance apps for the Dingoo. But i think you know for shure, that a there is only a minority of people having the knowledge to code on kernel/i2c/mips asm.

So, if people really want to thank you for doing a great job, just take it as it's meant. That is not the case in all communities.

I also get several requests on enhancing the Snes emulator or portings Apps. I also have limited time, but I have to say, that the Dingoo Community is far the nicest Community I know. Thats why I'm coding for it from time to time and helping out, when I have the time beside my other oss projects.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:31:41 pm by SiENcE »

ruffnutts

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 02:02:46 pm »
well well well getting drunk las night did pay off - woke up to this, 3 pages long lol cant wait to try it,
Just one thing as you can tell I always bang on about psx4all - greatwork BTW - but please make psx4all use the extra ram in the A330 and modded A320 its a shame to watch it go to waist lol

Anyway Uli - its nice to see you spring out of no where and give us this, your a secret dingoo freak at heart lol

thanks again matey  ;D

uli (OP)

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2010, 02:30:41 pm »
So, if people really want to thank you for doing a great job, just take it as it's meant. That is not the case in all communities.

That is very true, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't do it for the most part to see the excitement it would generate here. :) Thanks, everyone.

Siloucos

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 03:11:16 pm »

That is very true, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't do it for the most part to see the excitement it would generate here. :) Thanks, everyone.

I must admit, I have not contributed to Dingoo Scene widely, In fact I don't have any coding knowledge, and I already tried to learn coding by myself for fun but I am not very self-taught and since I already in a course that takes too much time and money :P So, instead, I have chosen something that may contribute to General Emulation scene (or not), Which I can do without much problems.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzAI6ZfyuLg  Rom hacking.

Anyway, I will try to contribute more. ;)

wy_scorpio

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2010, 04:29:55 pm »
very nice work,great!
i have test my 9325,but mplayer cant work..
so ,if can support mplayer again?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic