Author Topic: TV-out  (Read 24914 times)

NEODAN

Re: TV-out
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2010, 02:22:31 pm »
- Formatted my SD card (8GB), copied the files in order: zImage> rootfs> remaining;
- Archive zImage was used that has the CRC E0CF5FF7 (dingoes A320 (ILI9331) kernel with I2C support);
- Also reinstalled the dualboot;
- In my dingoo are showing the following error:
Code: [Select]
Mounting /proc /sys /dev
Reading kernel command line
mmc0: new SDHC card at address bf3d
mmcb1k0: mmc0:bf3d █ ▀c^ █ ▀c^ █ ▀c^ █ ▀c^ █ ▀c^ 7782400KiB
 mmcb1k0: p1
FATAL: cannot mount /dev/mmcb1k0/dev/mmcb1k0p1 on /boot
 (17)
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Does anyone know the origin of the problem? Please! :'(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 02:26:18 pm by NEODAN »

santino

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2010, 02:49:33 pm »
What filesystem did you put on your card? It says it cant mount the sd card, so its either damaged or the fs is wrong / damaged.

NEODAN

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2010, 02:58:20 pm »
What filesystem did you put on your card? It says it cant mount the sd card, so its either damaged or the fs is wrong / damaged.
Previously I was using dingux normally. I changed the zImage and he could not get more on screen dingux. Then I restarted the whole installation process as already mentioned.

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2010, 03:27:28 pm »
I think he's asking what fs you put on your card when you formatted it, right? It should be formatted as such.

format x: /FS:fat32 /A:32K

NEODAN

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2010, 03:49:00 pm »
I think he's asking what fs you put on your card when you formatted it, right? It should be formatted as such.

Well, not formatted in MS-DOS mode, I can test. But in windows I formatted FAT-32 mode. Thus functioned normally until then.

rutjoni

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2010, 04:01:32 pm »

hello, I have crt tv, but when I start out the tv in dingux the tv screen stays black and does not exit the menu, but if I give the keys to load the applications and appear on the screen, why not get the menu dingux ,? thanks
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:43:02 pm by rutjoni »

KillerStefan

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2010, 07:42:44 pm »
Wow, this is the real good stuff!
Keep it up :)

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2010, 07:57:22 pm »
@rutjoni: Probably because you didn?t tell gmenu to run at 336 mhz?

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2010, 08:44:54 pm »
Previously I was using dingux normally. I changed the zImage and he could not get more on screen dingux. Then I restarted the whole installation process as already mentioned.

I had the similar issue with my 8gb sdcard. Some Kernels didn't work with my sdcard. Test another one.

rutjoni

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:25 pm »
@rutjoni: Probably because you didn?t tell gmenu to run at 336 mhz?

I have put the maximum gmenu2x to 336, but do not exit the menu imangen on TV, but I can cargargo seven applications if em tv, why is this happening? thank you very much for the help and the creator of the TV output. sorry for my English

fuzzi23

« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2010, 11:09:36 am »
You have to set the menu point "clock for dmenu2x" to 336mhz. Try these.

Derek182

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2010, 01:11:28 pm »
Oh, how I love leaving for a while and coming back to find awesome news like this... ;D
Thanks, uli!

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2010, 03:18:57 pm »
Since I accidentally fried me 'ol Dingoo: can anyone tell me how the quality is of Dinux's TV out is? I mean for movies. Because movies "need" full 24 bit colour. Most of our beloved classic games do not come in more than 16 bit colours, so TV out for games is perfect on the Digoo (meaning that we can now even play Mame on the TV!!!!)

However, I've heard that the TV chip on the Dingoo does support 24 bit colour, but it isn't "utilized" by the Dingoo firmware. Another problem is that there (to my knowledge) isn't a good movie player yet for Dingux. There seems to be a port of mplayer out there, but it doesn't support the graphical overlays (i.e. displaying movie duration, time left etc.) I think. And does sound work properly yet in mplayer? Anyway, if one of you would be so kind as to watch a movie for a few minutes in Dinux and compare it with the TV output using the native firmware movie player, I'd be very grateful. :)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

borus

TV-out cable pinout
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2010, 07:14:21 pm »
I lost my tv-out cable. I have a similar one, but it doesn't work. Can anybody test and post here the pinout so I can build my own cable?
thx in advance.

rutjoni

Re: TV-out cable pinout
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »
I lost my tv-out cable. I have a similar one, but it doesn't work. Can anybody test and post here the pinout so I can build my own cable?
thx in advance.
hello, if it works, try connecting the red or white plug the yellow plug tv, cables are similar but have changed the order of cable. sorry for my English

NEODAN

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 09:47:11 pm »

Well, not formatted in MS-DOS mode, I can test. But in windows I formatted FAT-32 mode. Thus functioned normally until then.
OK! The Dingux started correctly with this format via MS-DOS! The screen was only with the normal setting gmenu2x with the cpu at 336. At first the screen was all displaced. But after a few attempts, he ended up setting.
Something I noticed and I did not like was the audio out on dingoo and also on TV and in most of the programs I tested, with the volume very low.
Would put the audio on the TV when activated in the same way TV system's native dingoo?
I look forward to the implementation of overclocking on tv-out!
Thank you all for your help! :)

mvrotc

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2010, 01:51:06 am »
Ok guys please bare with me here i am a total noob to the dingoo and especially to linux.

I download the tv out patch file in the first post, but where on my sd card do i put it?
And how does one ''execute with parameters'' on the dingoo

sorry no flaming :-(

santino

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2010, 06:36:59 am »
You dont need the patchfile, use the binary: http://github.com/downloads/uli/dingoo-tvout/tvout-2010-06-05

Are you using gmenu2x or dmenu? Gmenu2x offers a function to start files with parameters, just edit the link.

mvrotc

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2010, 04:54:23 pm »
im using gmenu

santino

« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2010, 06:15:48 pm »
Add a link to the tvout binary and press SELECT -> EDIT -> PARAMETER "--pal" or "--ntsc". That should work.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic