Author Topic: TV-out  (Read 24908 times)

remax

Re: TV-out
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2010, 03:40:28 pm »
Does this kernel include the right poweroff functions from the rtc kernel?
It seems that it has poweroff but no RTC

uli (OP)

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2010, 08:35:42 am »
Just pushed a new commit with a "--speed" option using a TV-out-friendly version of the jz_cpuspeed() function that everybody(?) uses to set the clock speeds. Somebody please review this and make it into a binary and put it somewhere, I wrote it under severe jet lag after a 45-hour trip Baguio->Manila->Hong Kong->Frankfurt->Nuernberg and a day at the office without sleep in between, so there may be errors...

Now if all programs would use this patched version of jz_cpuspeed() (which rounds down frequencies to multiples of 24 MHz and sets the right pixclock divider), there would be no more overclocking problems with TV output. What would be even greater (IMO) is if somebody would turn this into a command-line tool that goes into the rootfs, and everybody would use that instead. That way, it would be way easier to fix this stuff next time, for instance to use the CPU scaling in the kernel instead.

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2010, 11:03:15 am »
Good Ideas. I also don't like, that every app has it's own overclocking implementation.

the new binary with speed option: tvout-dingoo_2010-06-18.zip
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:23:01 am by SiENcE »

uli (OP)

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2010, 01:00:50 pm »
Did some work on getting this stuff into the kernel:

http://dingoowip.blogspot.com/

ruffnutts

« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2010, 07:37:57 pm »
@ uli - So can we use your new gmenu2x with any kernel?

Leoscarax

« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2010, 02:31:31 pm »
Hi everybody,

I tried several times to use the TV Out option on my A320 Dingoo with Dmenu,( I am using Dingux integrale V2, ans I am still a beginner ) however I can never use it, when I start the exe TVout, Dingux freeze and all I can do is put something into the reset Hole...
I read all I can to understand how to fix Dingux's TV out but it refuses to work !

Is anybody make it works with Dmenu ? And is any special tips to know to make it work ? I thank you in advance for your help and also apologize for my very bad English !

Regards

ValdikSS

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2010, 04:34:52 pm »
Tried to disable sound from the internal speakers and no luck. Tried everything with /dev/mixer and /dev/mixer1.
But wrote a code to turn off the backlight but we need to patch gmenu I think(it sets the backlight value every program start). Should I commit it?

tolust

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2010, 10:49:33 pm »
Hi,

Just a small suggestion can someone please make/include (TV-OUT) this with a LOCAL PACK ? so all we need to do is just unzip everything into a SD card. it would be soooooo much easy for noobs like me :D as i still cant install this on my  gmenu2x. and yes i know i followed everything but the problem im having is installed what files to spacify were on my sd card. Thanks for your help and time :)

....Better yet can someone post a VIDEO ON YOUTUBE with simple STEP by STEP info on how to install this on a Dingux gmenu2x ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:53:58 pm by tolust »

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2010, 12:54:54 am »
As soon as OpenDingux kernel is released also a rootfs is released with included tvtool.

olio

« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2010, 02:45:46 pm »
As soon as OpenDingux kernel is released also a rootfs is released with included tvtool.
I try your kernel+tv out on my A330, but it don't work =(

I try with this parameter:
--pal

--pal --speed 430

What i have to do?

mandrake88

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2010, 02:50:40 am »

Is there an estimated release date?
Dingoo A320 Black - Original by Dingoo Digital

Post a new topic
Post a new topic