• WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Skunks  (Read 7098 times)

EXL (OP)

Skunks
« on: December 05, 2010, 01:14:37 pm »
Greetings to all!
I tried to compile this game for DINGUX
Will this game run from you? Test please and write in this thread about the results!

Car simulation based on Open Dynamics Engine

3D game with cars, stunts and software rendering, based on Open Dynamics Engine; SDL library is used for display and no 3D accelerator is required.

License: free

Additional System Requirements: SDL - www.libsdl.org ODE - www.ode.org

DownLoad ZIP package (My Blog)

zear

Re: Skunks
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:50:37 pm »
I have compiled a very early version of this engine months ago, so I knew this game gonna have a terrible performance on the Dingoo. But this is even worse. It simply never draws the next frame. And you didn't disable the fog effect and other stuff that could give a little boost. So simply no, this game does not run on the Dingoo. The first frame appears, but since then nothing happens and the cpu is at constant 100%.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:53:51 pm by zear »

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:03:00 pm »
the game return to gmenu when i lauch it

Pingouin

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 02:10:16 pm »
I have compiled a very early version of this engine months ago, so I knew this game gonna have a terrible performance on the Dingoo. But this is even worse. It simply never draws the next frame. And you didn't disable the fog effect and other stuff that could give a little boost. So simply no, this game does not run on the Dingoo. The first frame appears, but since then nothing happens and the cpu is at constant 100%.

Yep, same thing here. I tried both 1-1.dge and 2-2.dge, the game launches and renders the starting frame, but then nothing happens. I thought it was because keys were not mapped (albeit select+start does exit the game), but I guess zear might be right about it simply not drawing further frames.

zear

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 02:15:12 pm »
Yep, same thing here. I tried both 1-1.dge and 2-2.dge, the game launches and renders the starting frame, but then nothing happens. I thought it was because keys were not mapped (albeit select+start does exit the game), but I guess zear might be right about it simply not drawing further frames.
Actually, if you leave it running for a couple of minutes, you can notice that it switches to the next frame. So the engine is simply too slow to run on handheld devices like Dingoo.

the game return to gmenu when i lauch it
You have to pass it a car and a track as commandline parameters. EXL prepared a couple of scripts that do that for you, named 1-1.dge, 2-2.dge and so on.

EXL (OP)

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 02:25:21 pm »

Ohh bad...  :(
Here's the source - perhaps someone will be able to compile a working version.
DownLoad Source Code

Compilation:

1. ODE

Code: [Select]
cd /..../skunks-1.0.0/ODE/ode-0.11.1

ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=yes ac_cv_func_realloc_0_nonnull=yes ./configure --host=mipsel-linux --target=mipsel-linux --without-x -prefix=/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr

make

make install

2. Skunks

Code: [Select]
cd /.../skunks-1.0.0
./comp

Thanks a lot for testing!

Sorry for the trouble. Dear moderators, again, this game does not work, move this topic to section developments. Thanks!

ramainen

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 06:34:23 am »
There is a trouble with Window users (aux dir). Now I trying to compile to caanoo (for test). What wrong, what not working?
Собираю на cygwin под windows, и распаковать ичходники не получается, папку aux нельзя создать под windows.
Её проигнорил, сейчас собираюсь собрать под caanoo для теста.
UPD: succesfully compiled for caanoo, but not running without placing parematers, for example
skunks cars/car1 tracks/track1
Runs but freezes when trying to play. I will write in this place when (and if) fix them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:59:05 am by ramainen »

flaming_goat

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 06:32:17 pm »
Surely somthing like this could run on the dingoo considering it can emulate the ps1

zear

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 06:49:15 pm »
I haven't looked at the code, but it must probably use a lot of floats and doubles. I don't know about the performance of EXL's mobile phone, but Dingoo has no FPU so this game will never be fast on it unless someone rewrites it to fixed point.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic