Author Topic: Recompiling nupdf on OD  (Read 2259 times)

sango25 (OP)

Recompiling nupdf on OD
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:41:51 pm »
Hello everyone,
just moved to OD after some time with Dingux.
First of all I must say I'm impressed by the new double buffering feature. Everything seems much faster now.
It seems many of the old emulators still work (NP2 and SCUMMVM among the best of them).

I'm missing nupdf (yes, I know Dingoo is not an ebook reader but I find handy reading pdf sometimes), so I've downloaded the 0.3 source and compiled it using the new toolchain under Windows. After some fixings I was able to compile it but it still doesn't seem to run. Any idea about what could be wrong?

Moreover it seems I'm not able to run BennuGD on OD (it was working fine on Dingux). Has anyone been able to run it?

Rosenkranz

Re: Recompiling nupdf on OD
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:48:43 pm »
I am using nupdf 0.3 that was compiled for legacy Dingux in Open Dingux. It seems to me that it loads pages faster. I didn't try it with bigger files, though, so i could see if it would crash like in Legacy Dingux.   

sango25 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:33:03 am »
I'm not able to run it. It doesn't load at all. Have you changed something in the configuration?

Rosenkranz

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:32:24 am »
I uploaded my nupdf that works. I didn't use any other configurations.

https://rapidshare.com/files/371622786/nupdf_0.3.zip

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:25:40 pm »
I'm not able to run it. It doesn't load at all. Have you changed something in the configuration?

Nupdf should work on OD, are you sure you are using the second developer release and not the first one?
iirc nupdf didn't run one the first develloper pre-release due to problem with sdl image or something like that.

sango25 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »
Still not working. I'm pretty sure I'm on the second release. Just reinstalled it.
Another thing that's not working is the telnet connection from Windows. I was able to connect on legacy Dingux. Now I'm not any more. But I suppose this is a Windows 7 problem, not a OD problem.

Edit: now it works. I did... nothing. Copied a couple of time and now it works... Still trying to run bennugd compiler
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:09:31 pm by sango25 »

virusmater

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 07:51:43 am »
nupdf version from legacy kernel works fine for me (out of box, without any recompilation)
http://dingoowiki.com - let's fill it!