Author Topic: MilkyTracker  (Read 9145 times)

Poligrafowicz (OP)

MilkyTracker
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »
I actually managed to compile the current version of MilkyTracker and run it on my Dingoo. The problem is the version of dingux I am using has no virtual mouse and MilkyTracker needs different key mapping (only start and select work since those are enter and escape??). I honestly have no experience with writing stuff for dingux, but I would love to see MilkyTracker fully working on it (the interface was already squeezed to work on a 320x240 display).

I probably could use a kernel with the virtual mouse.

As for compiling I first applied the patch to remove zziplib dependences and then configured build based on GP2x version of MilkyTracker:

Code: [Select]
./configure --without-alsa --without-jack COMPILED_BY=your_name --exec-prefix=your_output_folder CXXFLAGS="-D__LOWRES__ -I/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/include -I/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/include/SDL -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -msoft-float" SDL_LIBS="-lSDL -lpthread" CFLAGS="-D__LOWRES__ -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -msoft-float" --enable-strip AR="/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/bin/mipsel-linux-ar" CXX="/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/bin/mipsel-linux-g++" CC="/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gcc" --host=mipsel-linux LDFLAGS="-L/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/lib" CPPFLAGS="-D__LOWRES__ -I/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/include -I/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/include/SDL"

--enable-strip doesn't seem to have any use

Here is the binary(for those of you who have virtual mouse and want to test if it works etc.) :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0AJIFEC

Edit: It appears that some key bindings are located in the src\tracker\sdl\SDL_KeyTransloation.cpp. Key bindings might still be in some other file, as the file mentioned above seems to translate SDL key codes to Windows and vice versa.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:50:20 pm by Poligrafowicz »

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
Re: MilkyTracker
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 08:55:32 pm »
it seems to work with the virtual mouse but i don't know how use milkytracker  :) any advices?

Poligrafowicz (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »
Right now you can't really use it to make music since to enter notes SPACEBAR (activates editing mode) is required and its not mapped currently (probably it is possible to assign a different key to edit mode, but I'm not sure). Right now you can go to sample editor, click on the new button, make a new sample(you can set a function generated sample like a triangle), add loop (preferably forward), exit sample editor and play it on the small keyboard to the right. You can also activate jam mode and have a bigger keyboard. Since Milkytracker is a tracker it can play most of your favourite mod formats(and there are FastTracker2-style scopes).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:01:12 pm by Poligrafowicz »

zear

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:38:21 pm »
Right now you can't really use it to make music since to enter notes SPACEBAR (activates editing mode) is required and its not mapped currently (probably it is possible to assign a different key to edit mode, but I'm not sure). Right now you can go to sample editor, click on the new button, make a new sample(you can set a function generated sample like a triangle), add loop (preferably forward), exit sample editor and play it on the small keyboard to the right. You can also activate jam mode and have a bigger keyboard. Since Milkytracker is a tracker it can play most of your favourite mod formats(and there are FastTracker2-style scopes).
Well, unless milkytracker does some fancy things with sdl keyboard events, X key of the dingoo was always SDLK_SPACE in dingux.

Poligrafowicz (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 10:00:53 pm »
Well, unless milkytracker does some fancy things with sdl keyboard events, X key of the dingoo was always SDLK_SPACE in dingux.

Milkytracker might do some fancy stuff with sdl keyboard but X does work.

Though for some reason when I press select it doesn't catch it as ESC. Maybe I messed something in configure since the non dingux version of Milkytracker works slightly different:
-SPACEBAR stops playback and activates edit mode, but on dingoo it only activates playback mode
-on dingoo arrows work only in edit mode, but they work all the time in i386 version
-ESCAPE shows exit dialog on PC but on dingux only stops playback

zear

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 11:12:01 pm »

Milkytracker might do some fancy stuff with sdl keyboard but X does work.

Though for some reason when I press select it doesn't catch it as ESC. Maybe I messed something in configure since the non dingux version of Milkytracker works slightly different:
-SPACEBAR stops playback and activates edit mode, but on dingoo it only activates playback mode
-on dingoo arrows work only in edit mode, but they work all the time in i386 version
-ESCAPE shows exit dialog on PC but on dingux only stops playback
Probably button mapping changes in GP2X code.

Poligrafowicz (OP)

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 12:13:19 am »
I was unable to compile the GP2X version. This is the regular version from Milkytracker webpage.

I only left the "-D__LOWRES__" flags when compiling the PC version, though the stuff I removed didn't look like it had something to do with keyboard setup (but I might be wrong).

CREATICA

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 09:56:39 pm »
Very nice job, man. I'll try the soft. Thanks.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 11:12:23 am »
it seems to work with the virtual mouse but i don't know how use milkytracker  :) any advices?

https://github.com/milkytracker/MilkyTracker/wiki/MilkyTracker-Guide

Post a new topic