Author Topic: Looking for a pixel artist for riot-tag (Minecraft 2D)  (Read 3873 times)

jurting (OP)

Looking for a pixel artist for riot-tag (Minecraft 2D)
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:10:34 pm »
Im working on a minecraft 2D for Dingux, i started a while back, but the code was not made for all the feature ideas that came later (thanks dingoonity IRC) So i decided that i would recode it.
A video of the old MC2D (Sorry for the bad english):
Character made by Omgmog, thanks :D
<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190313121525/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai-8tvw712g" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai-8tvw712g</a>
Yesterday i added some code for multiplayer, and today zear told me about the Riot-tag competition, but now i need a pixel artist.
i will try to add support for caanoo, but i don't think i can promise anything yet.
The will be made in C++.

Graphics info:
All the tiles will be 16x16, the style is toon-style so far but its early so its fully possible to change the style.
Items is 16x16, but i can change to higher if needed.
Would be a pretty big plus if you have played minecraft.
graphics needed: same items as minecraft+some custom ones
Materials: Dirt, dirt with grass, wood and leaves, stone, mined stone and things like that (look at minecraft)
Items: pickaxes, swords, shovels, axes, armor, ores, map, binoculars.

Game ideas/features:
Network multiplayer.
Made for Dingux and caanoo (might not be able to fix caanoo before the deadline)
Support for joystick and mouse/touch
Three gamemodes
-Sandbox: normal gamemode with monsters and items, but no goal.
-Build mode: No items or character, just building, special mission blocks will be usable (look below)
-Mission mode: a co-op mode where the maps are prebuilt, you can also make your own with Build mode.
 Special blocks will also  be usable in mission mode, like monster spawners that starts once you open a door.
Trading in multiplayer.

I have skype, msn and email (and steam, but im not using it while working on the game)

Please show me any of you work in PM or response, you can add a watermark.

Im not used to writing posts like this, so just ask if you find any information missing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:48:22 pm by jurting »

SilverhawkBR

Re: Looking for a pixel artist for riot-tag (Minecraft 2D)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:38:40 pm »
Though it doesnt have the 3D graphics of the old MineCraft Classic, it sure looks interesting. Keep working!

Th3R0ck

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 01:53:42 am »
woooooow  ;D
fucking cool :D cant wait to play it

Monstercrunch

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 03:24:52 pm »
Your game looks very fun, but be careful if you want to participate to the RIOT competition:

Entry cannot be a straight up clone, but must include original work/ideas as well

Ask U9 if this rule concerns your game or not.

I'm waiting for a release  ;D