rookie1 - getting the diff was a lot easier than I thought it would be!
Quick run-down of the changes I've made, based on the R240 code:
* Removed the loading status bar from the loading screen. This increased loading speed noticably.
* When the backlight is turned off after the dim timeout, the next keypress will turn the backlight on but will not be processed - i.e. if you press A when the screen is dark, it won't immediately launch whatever icon was active when the dimmer came on. (was driving me crazy hehe)
* Added the option to display the clock speed in MHz as part of the on screen display.
* Added the setting "SpeedDisp = true/false" in the dmenu.ini file for controlling display of the clock speed.
* Moved all transient writes from the dmenu active directory to /tmp (.tmp, .next, .screen)
* Disabled dmenu writing dmenu.ini every time it closes; dmenu.ini is written to when the theme, background or font colour is changed.
That's everything, I think...
You can see an image of the menu with the clockspeed displayed here: