• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Dual boot Flip-Flop Request  (Read 4229 times)

trilbymnokey

Dual boot Flip-Flop Request
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:52:48 am »
Apologies if this has been asked before, but is it possible to swap the native firmware and Dingux, so Dingux is the default, and the native firmware loads if you hold select on boot?

Not exactly a priority, I know, but it would be nice.  :D

zear

Re: Dual boot Flip-Flop Request
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 12:22:39 pm »
Yep, check the Linux SPL installer from this site: http://clogging.web.fc2.com/dingoo/

trilbymnokey

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:37:29 pm »
Awesome, thanks zear! One question though, as I need to use the dual boot installer to use this, (and obviously I've already used it on my Dingoo once) will it cause a problem using it a second time?

Seems fairly simple though, thanks again!  ;D

zear

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:49:04 pm »
One question though, as I need to use the dual boot installer to use this, (and obviously I've already used it on my Dingoo once) will it cause a problem using it a second time?
Nah, everything should be fine.

trilbymnokey

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:54:25 pm »
One more noob question, I need to use the new zimage in the dual boot installer, do I use my old zimage on the SD card afterwards, or replace it with this one?

Thanks once more for indulging my idiocy.  ;D

zear

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 12:58:40 pm »
You don't need to touch your SD card at all here.
Just plug the dingoo to your pc and flash the bootloader.
You're flashing a bootloader here, not linux, no need for SD card ;)
The zimages included here are the ones you boot to launch the installer on your dingoo, they have nothing to do with actual dingux zimages.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:01:06 pm by zear »

trilbymnokey

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 01:04:38 pm »
Sweet, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Wish this was the default, I hate having to press select EVERY time I turn on the Dingoo... (I only use native for GBA, and with gpsp those days are coming to an end!)

Once we get TV-out and access to the 4GB internal memory, Dingux will be perfect.    :)

Edit: I can confirm that this works perfectly! I copied the zImage to the Dualboot folder, then followed the Idiot's Guide and just changed "usbtool-win 1 zImage_dual_boot_installer_ILI9331 0x80600000" to "usbtool-win 1 zImage_SPL_9331 0x80600000"
It then gives you an option on the Dingoo, select the second option, It's 'Linux', if I remember correctly...

Thanks again Zear!! + karma!

Another Edit: One small gripe, if the Dingoo's off and I plug the usb cable in, it boots to Dingux and I can't transfer files. I have to boot to native firmware first, THEN plug in the usb. Only a little bit annoying though...  :D
Is there a Windows driver for file transfer in Dingux?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:35:14 pm by trilbymonkey »

Post a new topic