• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: a script to explorate a specific folder  (Read 2221 times)

Coccijoe (OP)

• Underground Portables
a script to explorate a specific folder
« on: October 19, 2010, 04:02:19 pm »
Hello, I would be able to launch mods wolf 3d, under Dingux with explorer (i have a lot of mods and i don't want to create lot of icone), I would have a explorer serving only for that, it would mean that I can explore wolf3d folder first, to choice which mod i want to play.
I guess a little script enough to make it work but I do not know how write it, is that someone could write me please?

ddfoobar

Re: a script to explorate a specific folder
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:36:58 pm »
I'm not sure I understood the question correctly, but I'm assuming that you have several folders with Wolf3d mods and you want to only have 1 icon in the menu.

I have so far only used Gmenu2x and the easiest seems to be to create an icon/entry for bash/sh and use the selecter option to open a folder with a few bash scripts that launch the selected Wolf3d scripts. that seems to me to be the most straightforward solution, but maybe this can be done easier.

So in short it is.
- Use Gmenu2x
- Create entry to Bash/Sh, give it a nice name and icon
- Use selector so it goes to a folder with scripts that start the selected App (Wolf3d mod)

Coccijoe (OP)

• Underground Portables
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 07:01:08 pm »
thanks for your reply! Yes that exacly what i want to do, but i don't know how to write it (bash/sh)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:02:56 pm by Coccijoe »

ddfoobar

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:40:24 pm »
You should really check out some of the scripts already in the dingux distibution. That should give you an idea of how a script can look like.

The script can to have the following in the first line: #!/bin/sh
In the second line you can write the path and name to the executable of the Wofl3d mod with any needed parameters. It doesnt need do be an absolute path. Relative paths are easier if you plan to relocate the folders to another directory.

So depending on how many mods you have, you can write a script file for each. It can look something like this.

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
./Wolf3d_mod1/wolf3d param

Hope this helps.

Coccijoe (OP)

• Underground Portables
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:39:49 pm »
i checked out before asking, and i tried a lot too :D
thanks for your help, i will try with your exemple, i 'll tell you if it work, thanks again

Post a new topic