Author Topic: What games are you playing?  (Read 30354 times)

hiredgun

Re: What games are you playing?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 05:09:31 pm »
I must admit that I have always been a huge SEGA fan, so for both the Mega Drive and SMS emulator any Sonic the Hedgehog game is a winner!  I can play those games over and over again!  Streets of Rage is another series from Sega that has TONS of replay value!! My all time favorite sports game for Sega would have to be Sensible Soccer hands down!  And a  less know but gem of a game for the Neo Geo is Street Hoop!  Talk about addictive, play it once and you won't be able to put it down!!  ;D

Santo

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 05:28:30 pm »
@hiredgun,  there are thousands of games we can play... playing all those games will take many YEARS...
thats why i asked for suggestions.. ;)
i wl check those games you mentioned..

@ Alien,
i think d_smagin working on a fba emulator which has the same version of source code that used for nxu.dge emulator. then how can it has the better compatibility?

one more doubt... d_smagin told that the newer version of source code can not be used because binary becomes to big(15MB)... by making it into two defferent parts (one for cps support and other for neogeo) can reduce the binary size.. is it possible?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:30:38 pm by Santo »

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 05:38:08 pm »
@ Alien,
i think d_smagin working on a fba emulator which has the same version of source code that used for nxu.dge emulator. then how can it has the better compatibility?

Because that source code version should support a lot more games than what we can play on our Dingoo A-380. I think it's also possible to add other games to the source code. This has probably been done before with MAME4All.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 08:15:05 pm »
laser gates Atari 8 (finally i'm better than when i was 10)
b bobble megadrive
sonic cd sega cd
snatcher sega cd
quake full version
bomb jack mame
meteor shower atari 7800

lots of speccy and c64 games -giana ! -
atari classics on Gba

and some Lynx, rygar,battlezone,m crystals,etc !!

all running at full speed on the a380 with cfw

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 08:16:22 pm »
oh new adventure island and 1943 on hugo

shame it can't support cd audio...  :'(

hiredgun

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 04:13:05 pm »
Now that we have sooooooooooo many choices of good emulators to use and games to play I was wondering if any one knows if there is a "standard" fps rate that is considered "full speed" or does it vary from console to console? If I am not mistaken I have read on the PSP forums that 50 fps was considered full speed for the Mega Drive and Super Nintendo emulators, but I can't remember if that was universal or not.  Forgive me if it seems in nit picking, lol, but it's one of those things that drives a true "friki" nuts, lol.  ;D

fosamax

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 04:56:24 pm »
Fullspeed means that you get the max possible fps (with constant framerate without any drop) for an emulator runnig with frameskip set to 0.

The max FPS usually depends of the system emulated and the origin of the game emulated.

US/JP are NTSC : max FPS is usually 60
EU is PAL : max FPS is usually 50

Note that if you set frameskip to auto, the emu will try to drop some of the emulated frame to simulate full speed.

It's easy to test with lion_srm emus that let you display either rendered fps or emulated fps.

With frameskip set to 0, the value should be the same but with frameskip set to auto, you may have a greater rendered value than emulated due to frame being dropped.

Hope i helped.

hiredgun

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 07:26:39 pm »
Quite help full indeed Fosamax, thanks for the information. Couldn't have been any clearer!

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 01:14:18 pm »
With 30 + fps you can play emulated games flawlessly

hiredgun

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 09:03:28 am »

You sure about that bro?  I haven't tried it yet, but at that fps I think at least the Super Nintendo and Mega Drive would be as slow as a turtle??

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 11:55:53 am »

You sure about that bro?  I haven't tried it yet, but at that fps I think at least the Super Nintendo and Mega Drive would be as slow as a turtle??

maybe an emulator issue, even this days most games don't run at 60 fps at all

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 12:16:51 pm »

I think that it's right but you need frameskip to keep the games speed.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

hiredgun

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 01:22:42 pm »

I think that it's right but you need frameskip to keep the games speed.

Which do you think is right Alien, that at 30 plus they would play flawlessly or that they would be as slow as a turtle?  Depending on your answer we'll take it from there, lol.

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »
Which do you think is right Alien, that at 30 plus they would play flawlessly or that they would be as slow as a turtle?  Depending on your answer we'll take it from there, lol.

Both.  ;D

At 30+ fps without frameskip would be slow as a turtle. With frameskip 30+ fps is enough to have a smooth gameplay.

If you try Sonic CD with the SEGA CD emulator you'll see that, with frameskip to only show 30 frames from the 60 frames per second, it's enough to run the game with mp3 audio.

hiredgun

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 02:55:52 pm »
I think we might actually be talking about the same thing, lol, but just to be sure.  If you ran a game at 30 fps plus per second with the frame skip at 2 for example, then the game wouldn't be running a 30 fps anymore would it? It would be running at 50 or 60 right?

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 04:41:55 pm »
I think we might actually be talking about the same thing, lol, but just to be sure.  If you ran a game at 30 fps plus per second with the frame skip at 2 for example, then the game wouldn't be running a 30 fps anymore would it? It would be running at 50 or 60 right?

If you run a SEGA CD game with Frameskip 1, the game runs at 50/60 fps but skips 25/30 frames so it looks like it's running fullspeed.

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 04:46:40 pm »

If you run a SEGA CD game with Frameskip 1, the game runs at 50/60 fps but skips 25/30 frames so it looks like it's running fullspeed.

Most Sega Cd games didn't run at 60 fps anyway

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 01:00:28 pm »
BombJack and Lots of GB shooters,playability is excellent
emulation is spot on  ;D

also some cps1 arcade games that come loaded on my white lady

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2012, 01:09:14 pm »
emulation is spot on  ;D

Salamander for PC Engine/dingux-hugo. Great shooter.  ;)

What are the names of the CPS1 games? I would like to know because I think I've got them all but you never know.  ;D

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 02:06:34 pm »
emulation is spot on  ;D

Salamander for PC Engine/dingux-hugo. Great shooter.  ;)

What are the names of the CPS1 games? I would like to know because I think I've got them all but you never know.  ;D

mostly 3 wonders and some fighters, thought i had a complete set...