Author Topic: Taking pre-orders for Dingoo-Tech A380 Second Batch  (Read 48212 times)

kswildside

Taking pre-orders for Dingoo-Tech A380 Second Batch
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »
BIG BIG News Dingoo-Tech A380 pre-orders are being taken now thats right production of second batch is underway and will be released August 28th, 2011 so should get here by Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm taking pre-orders for them and will stop all pre-orders on August 18th, 2011 so if you want one better make your pre-order then or you will have to wait for the third batch.....

Model: Dingoo-Tech A380

CPU: Ingenic 4755 running at 500Mhz

Ram: 64MB

Display: 3.2" TFT QVGA LCD Resolution 400x240

Internal Storage: 4GB NAND

External Storage Card Slot: MicroSD/TF up to 32GB

G-Sensor with Vibration Motor

Reciever: Internal 2.4GHz reciever module that supports two wireless game controller for tv-out and wireless link between to Dingoo-Tech A380 consoles.
Controller Design: Based on Dingoo A320 same features and controls

Video Port: A/V Out

Audio Port:  3.5mm Stero Audio Output

Audio: 2 x 1in Stero Audio Speakers

USB Port: USB 2.0 Port/Charging Port

Battery: 1700mah Lithium Ion Battery

External Power Supply: DC5V 500mA

Weight: 120g

Dimension: 132X57X15 (Lenthx x Width x Height, in mm)

Available Colors: Black / White / Pink

Language Supported: English, Chinese Simplified ,Chinese Traditional Japanese, Korean, Russian, German, French, Spanish,Turkish, Portuguese, Polish

Gaming Console Emulation Formats:

GBA\SFC\SNES\FC\NES\MD\MVS\NEO-GEO\CPS-1\CPS-2\Atari Lynx\GBC\SMS\OpenBOR\MAME\PS\Java\DOS

Audio Formats:

MP3、WMA、WAV、APE、FLAC、M4a

Video Formats:

RM、RMVB、MP4、3GP、AVI、ASF、MPE、FLV、MPEG、MPG、Flash
MPEG1、MPEG2、MKV(H.264、DIVX、XVID)、AVI(H.264、DIVX、XVID)、VOD

Other Functions included:
Audio Recorder

FM Radio

Image Viewer

E-Book Reader

Stopwatch

Calculator

System OS: Typical Tweak Native OS / Custom version of Dingux (Not Operational Yet will be upgrade later on Dingux)

Link to Purchase:

http://www.dingoo-digital-usa.com/product.sc?productId=52&categoryId=5
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:28:17 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

Re: Taking pre-orders for Dingoo-Tech A380
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 10:37:48 pm »
Good to see you again.

About the A380, can you shed any light on the last four pages of this thread?

Is that Etronixmart place just selling messed up test units or fakes or something?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:54:14 pm by Jesse »

kswildside

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:44:23 pm »
As far as I know they got about 10 to 15 test units the production models are not released to yet I have yet to even get my sample but it supossed to be on the way to me now.

Has anyone gotten the A380 from them other then samples or are they taking pre-orders? I dunnno I will have to talk to Sofia tonight to clarify all that.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 10:55:20 pm »
Because from what those guys are saying, it doesn't seem like any of what DT said is true about Dingux working by default and all that stuff. And some of those guys were talking about the NES being choppy and the native emulators acting weird. Or maybe those guys are just doing something wrong. I'm just worried about compatibility, and DT lying about it.

I hope it's good, though. $98 isn't too bad. I think I'm going to wait until more A320 experienced people can get a hold it and try it out. Such as yourself.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:57:43 pm by Jesse »

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 01:18:26 am »
I already own a A320, then i probably wont get an A380 .-.

Still, i have a friend that is interested on the Dingoo A380, so i hope its better than the A320...

darkborn

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 01:03:48 pm »
For DT A-330 owners interesting at A-380: you should consider of purchasing F-16 WiFi controller, because it is compatible with both units.
It is much easier to play games at TV, or games for two players (e.g. Biniax, Arcade Volleyball).

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 02:54:47 pm »
I really don't believe that the A380's sold by that vendor reflect the final quality of the unit. Something just doesn't seem right there. Guess we will have to wait and see.

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 04:36:48 pm »
What I have is a piece of crap, and I'm not happy about it.

Emulators don't run well, power off button works sporadically, MAME doesn't work at all, all the emulator menus are in chinese, even copying files to the unit are slow.

If I got a test unit, then I want my money back. See what you can find out..

sephiroth198777

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 05:42:46 pm »
Im very curius about this too.  I'm positive that I'm doing everything correctly and the emulators and tv out are not working well for me.  I contacted etronix about these issues and he said the manufacturer is woking on an OS update.  Maybe the final version?

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 09:13:08 pm »
If I were you I'd hold off shipping these units until this firmware upgrade supposedly comes out, or someone else comes up with a fix, because you're going to have ticked off customers

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 02:19:35 am »
According to Dingoo tech these ARE test units and they said that they "Clarified that they were test units" well maybe they did to EtronixMart but Etronixmart certainly didn't tell anyone.

I am so mad right now.

Hello there,

We are so glad to hear that you have got your A380. Thanks for your support as always!

Well, I'd like to tell you that the version which you received was not the final version of it. We are keeping on improving it. We just sent out the 22 pieces samples, I believe that you have 1 of them. However, before we sent , we already clarified those are the TESTING/ORIGINAL version, it is reasonable for that there has some problems.

About the problems you mentioned, I'd like to give you a short explaination:
The MAME emulator is better now you can try it after up-dated, so do other emulators. About the emulator menu, it all because the version you got is Chinese version, so the menu is Chinese. All the samples we sent out are Chinese version, for that time we have not made the English one. About the power off button, I don't understand you well. Did you meant that when you want to quit a game, then you push the power off button and want to do a quit? So sorry to say that it have changed, for the A380 you just can quit the game in  the menu.

After we published the A380 soon, we will give all of you the final version firmware to up-date your console!

Thanks for your concern and hope you all the best !

Sofia.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 10:28:05 am »
Well, if installing the latest firmware when released fixes all the problems you've encountered, it's not so bad. Although, you seem to be experiencing some hardware related problems which aren't so easy to fix.

That trader had no right selling you test units without making it known, especially at a full retail price. I'd be seeking a refund, or initiating a PayPal claim or credit card chargeback through your bank.

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »
Here is EtronixMart's response:

Thank you for your email.

Please note that Dingoo A380 is a new product ,not a testing product.

As a new product, there will be something "un-perfect". In fact, Dingoo technology had been trying their best to update the firmware. People may download files on Dingoo website to update A380. As you may know, this needs time. A good compatiable A380 is needed for people who love Dingoo.

Below are our answers to your question: (in red)

Cons:
1. MAME does NOT work whatsoever, even with the default roms that come on the unit.

Yes, we had confirmed with our supplier. They also received the same feedback from other customers. Dingoo A380 is updating its firmware to make sure that it can run MAME in the coming days.

2. The NeoGeo/NES/SNES emulators are extremely slow and choppy.

We had tested playing games on NeoGeo/NES/SNES emulators. It is not very slow when we played games on these emulators. But the firmware will be updated later. So we think this problem can be solved in the next production.

3. The emulator menus (select+b) are ALL in Chinese DESPITE selecting English language in the setup.

We guess you were talking about the emulator menus while pressing "select+start". Yes, all of the instructions are in Chinese. We hope you can understand that the first line of A380 is Chinese version. And Dingoo will release the English version in their next production. For your referance, we will translate the Chinese instruction into English as below:

继续- Continue
游戏设置-game setting
按键设置-Controll/Button setting
即时存档- Save
作弊- Cheat code
复位- reset
退出- Exit

4. The power off button does not work 90% of the time. So the device has died multiple times.
The power off button can work well. Just hold it for a few seconds if you want to turn off the power.

5. The screen is EXTREMELY touchy, sometimes just picking it up causes a small spot of pixelation on the screen. (Akin to pushing down on the screen of a calculator)

Sorry for this. The screen is firm. But we will not suggest you to touch on it since it is not a touch screen.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other question.

Thanks.

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 02:54:25 pm »
I'm an honest guy, and I don't want to start a claim if everything is going to be resolved by the new firmware update, but at the same time nowhere does it say on their website that these are the "chinese version" and new versions are coming soon.

So what do you guys think?

Frank_fjs

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 02:59:53 pm »
You have an email directly from Dingoo Tech that confirms the unit you received from EtronixMart is a test unit, meaning that EtronixMart has not informed you of the facts.

kswildside

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 02:38:54 am »
EtronixMart knew they were buying 20 Dingoo-Tech A380 sample/test units and still sold them to get the A380 out of the market. A dumb move on their partin IMHO.

I feel for anyone who got one but i'm sure the update firmware and emulators on release later this month it will make it better.

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »
Do you have any of the Gemei A330s in stock?

BonesCollector

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 03:28:21 pm »
but i'm sure the update firmware and emulators on release later this month it will make it better.

I'm still waiting for an update firmware for DingooTech A330. Remember: 400MHz CPU speed, full access 64MBs RAM, no pixelation on NeoGeo MVS emu, etc.............

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 03:48:59 pm »
400MHz CPU speed
Huh? They don't need to update anything for you to overclock the CPU. I've ran mine stable at 465mhz.

But yeah, the RAM, and whatever made the Neogeo emulator mess up; they never fixed that.

I'm worried DT is making bold lies this time. They made a lot of talk about what this A380 is suppose to ship like. And apparently they are claiming to have software updates coming. I really hope these aren't flat-out depraved lies just to make sales.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:50:39 pm by Jesse »

retrogamer

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 04:37:29 pm »
I am really interested in purchasing this system. I was wondering if someone could confirm what the dingux situation with this system is. I read that it was supposed to come preinstalled, is that actually the case or is there going to be a dual boot install of some type? Sorry in advance if this has been discussed to death already.

Post a new topic