• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Super Mario War Recompiled for the New CFW  (Read 7929 times)

AtariHERO (OP)

Super Mario War Recompiled for the New CFW
« on: July 13, 2013, 03:41:38 pm »
Super Mario War Recompiled for the New CFW with Dingoo A380 Tools:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/299D289CF9840A4D

No need for swap file because of A380 expanded memory  ;)

AtariHERO (OP)

zear

Re: Super Mario War Recompiled for the New CFW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 02:27:34 am »
I would like to ask for the source code to your changes.
Thanks.

Alien Grey

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:06:01 am »
The changes are in the kernel source code and are available on Github. There's no changes in the Super Mario War source code. The only thing that needed to change was removing the swapfile script because we don't need it.

The source code is available here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,375

Also I would like to see the source codes updated to the latest versions because a lot of them are old versions. It can't be that hard to upload the new source code to openhandhelds.  ;)
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

zear

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 10:59:34 am »
Also I would like to see the source codes updated to the latest versions because a lot of them are old versions. It can't be that hard to upload the new source code to openhandhelds.  ;)
You mean something done by me? I am always including the updated source code in the release zips, unless the code was accepted mainstream.

Alien Grey

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 11:51:32 am »
You mean something done by me? I am always including the updated source code in the release zips, unless the code was accepted mainstream.

I don't mean you. If you look at those source codes for the Dingoo a lot of them aren't updated but the binaries are.  ???

I know it isn't easy to update something on openhandhelds, because it needs approval from ED, but it's possible to upload the updated version.   
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

AtariHERO (OP)

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 02:04:32 pm »
And there's zear again asking for the source code changes.
They never share their latest source code versions but they always ask for someone else to make it available if they changed something.

Maybe we should remember  that he promised to make some ports when the source code is available for the new A380 firmware.

The source code is available here: https://github.com/dmitrysmagin/a380_kernel

Where are the ports from zear?
Where are the latest source code versions?  :)

zear

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »
And there's zear again asking for the source code changes.
I have full right to ask for the source code which is derived from my changes to the code.

Where are the ports from zear?
I'm sorry, but I don't have an A380. My initial enthusiasm faded after I learned about the GPL violations in the firmware. I offered my help to Alien Grey with porting OpenJazz when he showed up on IRC, but he never came back to finish the port.
Where are the latest source code versions?  :)
They are included with the binary releases of my ports to Dingoo A320. Always have been there.

I have a feeling you are trying to deliberately attack me for whatever reason.

Alien Grey

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 02:45:13 pm »
Your source code changes are indeed always available but it's when someone else makes changes they never show up. You've got the right to ask for the source code changes and I don't think that there's anything not available if I changed something not matter if it's important or not.

It's just that if a new binary appears on openhandhelds I also expect the source code but it gets easily forgotten.  :(

As for OpenJazz. I couldn't recompile it so it's impossible to make it work on the Dingoo A-380. Maybe with the new CFW it isn't necessary anymore to recompile it.

AtariHERO (OP)

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 03:14:25 pm »
Your source code changes are indeed always available but it's when someone else makes changes they never show up. You've got the right to ask for the source code changes and I don't think that there's anything not available if I changed something not matter if it's important or not.

It's just that if a new binary appears on openhandhelds I also expect the source code but it gets easily forgotten.  :(

As for OpenJazz. I couldn't recompile it so it's impossible to make it work on the Dingoo A-380. Maybe with the new CFW it isn't necessary anymore to recompile it.

openjazz  crashes on start

Alien Grey

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 09:02:55 am »
openjazz  crashes on start

It works fine as long as you don't let it run the demo. I couldn't get xmas to run. The best I could do was using a srcipt to start the full cd version and use a script to start full cd version with holiday hare. It needs two scripts because if you add holiday hare there're some issues with the original levels.

I also tried xmas with the full version but it also didn't work. The menu changes to the xmas menu but you can't start the xmas game.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic