Author Topic: Question about CFW and SDL SNES  (Read 3256 times)

Aldoras (OP)

Question about CFW and SDL SNES
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:01:36 am »
Hello everyone ^^/

I'm really new to everything surrounding the Dingoo (just got my A380 3 days ago), but i'm really glad  i found this community here. Really great work guys, really appreciate all your effort.
This weekend i went ahead and installed the CFW V2.05.03 following http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-technology-a380/firmware-v2-0016-with-neo-geo-zip-support/ step by step (big thank you to Alien Grey), and it all works just awesome :) (i'm using 2 sandisk 8GB microSDHC)

I wanted to ask 2 quick questions that i had while trying everything out:
- why is there no SDL GBA Emulator? (don't get me wrong, just wondering if i did something wrong or if there just is none available)
- i've been playing the updated SNES emu by d_smagin, and i wanted to know if there is a way to change the key settings. because by default the X and Y buttons are switched, and also the L and R buttons are switched. I could get used to X and Y being reversed, but L and R really confuses me - "to press Left, please press Right" :P

Thanks in advance for any response ^^

- Aldo

Alien Grey

Re: Question about CFW and SDL SNES
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:24:19 am »
There's a SDL Gameboy Advance emulator but d_smagin asked me not to add it to the CFW at this moment. The reason why he asked me not to add it is because it isn't better than what we've got on our Dingoo A-380.

I don't know if there's going to be a better SDL Gameboy Advance emulator for the Dingoo A-380. A lot has changed the past weeks behind the scene and I don't really know if d_smagin is going to continue his work for the Ritmix RZX-50 and Dingoo A-380/A-320e. He told me that nothing would change but I'm not sure if this is the case.

People come and people go. The only ones that stayed here from the beginning are danilop2k2, retrodd and me.

The switched buttons are a firmware bug and this can only be changed by DT. This was also an issue with the Ritmix RZX-50 but has been fixed with a firmware update. The question is why DT doesn't want to fix this for the Dingoo A-380?

It shouldn't be to hard to fix it and it's easy for me to rebuild the CFW with the fixed version. That's the least DT can do for the Dingoo A-380.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Aldoras (OP)

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:53:26 am »
ok, thanks for your answers :)

so what it comes down to is that we need to wait for the dingoo people to correct their mistakes before you can do anything about the buttons?
i think i saw an emulator where you can assign the buttons however you like, i just thought you could do that for the snes one too ^^;

Alien Grey

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 11:28:37 am »
It's possible to add button configuration to the emulators. Maybe this is going to be added later by d_smagin. I think he has other priorities right now.

That doesn't mean that Dingoo Technology isn't responsible for the mess so it would be better to fix this in the firmware for once and for all.  ;)
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 12:55:25 pm »
There's a SDL Gameboy Advance emulator but d_smagin asked me not to add it to the CFW at this moment. The reason why he asked me not to add it is because it isn't better than what we've got on our Dingoo A-380.

I don't know if there's going to be a better SDL Gameboy Advance emulator for the Dingoo A-380. A lot has changed the past weeks behind the scene and I don't really know if d_smagin is going to continue his work for the Ritmix RZX-50 and Dingoo A-380/A-320e. He told me that nothing would change but I'm not sure if this is the case.

People come and people go. The only ones that stayed here from the beginning are danilop2k2, retrodd and me.

The switched buttons are a firmware bug and this can only be changed by DT. This was also an issue with the Ritmix RZX-50 but has been fixed with a firmware update. The question is why DT doesn't want to fix this for the Dingoo A-380?

It shouldn't be to hard to fix it and it's easy for me to rebuild the CFW with the fixed version. That's the least DT can do for the Dingoo A-380.

are you saying there's a fixed gameboy advance emu for the A380, but you're not allowed to put it into the Cfw ?

:'(

Alien Grey

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »
are you saying there's a fixed gameboy advance emu for the A380, but you're not allowed to put it into the Cfw ?

:'(

I'm saying that some work has been done to make a SDL Gameboy Advance emulator but it can't be used for the CFW because it doesn't run as good or better than the original one on the Dingoo A-380. That's why d_smagin doesn't want me to add it to the CFW before he tried to fix it.

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:50:26 pm »
A lot has changed the past weeks behind the scene and I don't really know if d_smagin is going to continue his work for the Ritmix RZX-50 and Dingoo A-380/A-320e. He told me that nothing would change but I'm not sure if this is the case.

what happened ?

dmitry_smagin

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 07:23:34 am »
A lot has changed the past weeks behind the scene and I don't really know if d_smagin is going to continue his work for the Ritmix RZX-50 and Dingoo A-380/A-320e. He told me that nothing would change but I'm not sure if this is the case.

what happened ?
C'mon, nothing special happened. I'm busy with fba. And since Slaanesh didn't release sources for fba320, I'm doing a port from scratch (well, sort of). But I doubt that you need another fba, since the stock emu for cps1,2 and neogeo is fine (no wonder, this is fba in disguise).
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

Alien Grey

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 08:23:02 am »
C'mon, nothing special happened. I'm busy with fba. And since Slaanesh didn't release sources for fba320, I'm doing a port from scratch (well, sort of). But I doubt that you need another fba, since the stock emu for cps1,2 and neogeo is fine (no wonder, this is fba in disguise).

There's a few games that we can't get to work. It would be nice to see them running on your FBA emulator.

The games that don't work can be found here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-technology-a380/games-confirmed-to-work-on-dingoo-a380/

Good luck with your FBA emulator. I hope it's better than the one from Slaanesh who doesn't want to release his source code or always finds an excuse not to release them yet.  ;)

danilop2k2

• !
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:11 am »

please don't abandon us, we count on you ,
remember the console has your name on it ...  ;)

we 're waiting for that remaining fixed emus ,like gba
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:51:12 am by danilop2k2 »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic