Author Topic: Open Source Dingux Games on the Alien 380  (Read 7234 times)

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
Re: Open Source Dingux Games on the Alien 380
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 07:44:23 pm »
sorry for the long thread,
goodbye

zear

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 08:05:54 pm »
don't tell me you bought an original  dingoo back in the day and always used it for development...
we 're not that naive...
Developement is EXACTLY the intention I bought the Dingoo with. I am not intersted in emulation at all.

You should not measure other people with your own scale ;)

PS. I asked the Giana's Return developers and they were not interested in supporting A380. I'm sorry.

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 08:15:39 pm »
then you really think we're naive...

Giana , do you mean that retired from market MARIO's clone from the C-64 days??
Open Jazz where did it come from ?
and supermariowar , oh well...

...you've got to be kidding us...   ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:03:20 pm by danilop2k2 »

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:14 pm »
Lets just chill its all good. Once again I said I respect what you did to create your own scene and hope it thrives. No need to leave you have your own sub forum.

Alien Grey

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 01:30:37 pm »
Lets just chill its all good. Once again I said I respect what you did to create your own scene and hope it thrives. No need to leave you have your own sub forum.

You're right. There's one thing you could do and that is, if it isn't to much asked, no longer keep that old firmware thread with dead links as a sticky post. Let it go with the flow.  ;D
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 01:45:17 pm »

You're right. There's one thing you could do and that is, if it isn't to much asked, no longer keep that old firmware thread with dead links as a sticky post. Let it go with the flow.  ;D
Ok which thread. Point me to it and it is gone
EDIT: I found it. It has been removed. Let me know if it was the wrong one.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:53:20 pm by qbertaddict »

Alien Grey

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 02:11:38 pm »
Ok which thread. Point me to it and it is gone
EDIT: I found it. It has been removed. Let me know if it was the wrong one.

Thanks. It looks a lot better. It brings to much confusion when they're looking for new firmware.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Alien Grey

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 09:14:23 pm »
Back on topic.

From all the games I've found exactly 2 source codes.  ???

Supertux: I can recompile it with the SDLWrapper tool. The game loads and it's centered on the screen. This is great news because this means that the SDLWrapper is compatible with C++ (good work d_smagin). Unfortunately the game doesnt want start. I've tried to compile it at 400 x 240 but the graphics are screwed up on the right side of the screen.

Super Mario War: I can compile it but it doesn't work neither does the original build. I call this crap.

But there's also good news. You don't need  REminiscence because you can play the game Flashback The quest for identity with the Super Nintendo, SEGA Mega Drive or SEGA CD emulator. The game Digger can be played without the need to recompile it with SDL Games.

So... we've got two games that can be played from the list and we didn't have to do anything at all.  ;D

zear

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »
As i mentioned, I commited my OpenJazz changes back to mainline. You can get the source here:
http://openjazz.svn.sourceforge.net/

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 09:46:56 pm »
Back on topic.

Supertux: I can recompile it with the SDLWrapper tool. The game loads and it's centered on the screen. This is great news because this means that the SDLWrapper is compatible with C++ (good work d_smagin). Unfortunately the game doesnt want start. I've tried to compile it at 400 x 240 but the graphics are screwed up on the right side of the screen.

Super Mario War: I can compile it but it doesn't work neither does the original build. I call this crap.

But there's also good news. You don't need  REminiscence because you can play the game Flashback The quest for identity with the Super Nintendo, SEGA Mega Drive or SEGA CD emulator. The game Digger can be played without the need to recompile it with SDL Games.

So... we've got two games that can be played from the list and we didn't have to do anything at all.  ;D

i know we can play emulated flashback
also

supermario (original) vs supermariowar

but

that was an example of things we can't have on the A380, yet

Alien Grey

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 10:48:55 pm »
As i mentioned, I commited my OpenJazz changes back to mainline. You can get the source here:
http://openjazz.svn.sourceforge.net/

What about sqrx3?

Edit:

Can't compile OpenJazz. File modplug.h is missing.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:46:39 pm by Alien Grey »

zear

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 12:05:30 am »
What about sqrx3?
Same reply, unfortunatelly.
Can't compile OpenJazz. File modplug.h is missing.
Yea, you need to compile libmodplug first.

Alien Grey

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 09:48:53 am »
Same reply, unfortunatelly.

No problem. We don't need the Dingoo A320 ports anymore if they can't work with the lib from Ayla. This game is already removed from the list of working games on the Dingoo A-380.

Yea, you need to compile libmodplug first.

I give it another try. I didn't spend much time on it because it was time to go to sleep.  ;D

Post a new topic
Post a new topic