Author Topic: Open Source Dingux Games on the Alien 380  (Read 6166 times)

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
Re: Open Source Dingux Games on the Alien 380
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:47:41 pm »
now tha GCW is on the front of the site , WE ALSO NEED ATENTION  >:(

(My SE is coming next week, will be doing a lot of comparing...)

Alien Grey

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:56:05 pm »

Won't happen. Try Dingoo Scene he's a real nice guy if you want some attention.

About the open-source games. They're closed-source because for most of those games there's no source code available or you find a real mess that ain't worth trying to fix it.  ???
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:59:49 pm »
so do you mean no giana, trux , super mario war -open source-  or jaz on Alien 380 ?  :'(

Alien Grey

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 11:11:16 pm »
so do you mean no giana, trux , super mario war -open source-  or jaz on Alien 380 ?  :'(

Maybe on the GCW Zero. Some of those games are ported by zear so you'll probably see them on the GCW Zero but I don't think that we're ever going to see them on the Dingoo A-380. After all they're not d_smagin who's a nice guy and maybe to nice if you ask me.  ;D

I could tell a lot more but I think it's better not to do it and shut up. After all we don't want to start a console war.  ;)
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 11:19:05 pm »
well i will be happy with fixed gba and neogeo -metal slugs too slooooow- fixed  ;D

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 12:55:04 am »

Won't happen. Try Dingoo Scene he's a real nice guy if you want some attention.

About the open-source games. They're closed-source because for most of those games there's no source code available or you find a real mess that ain't worth trying to fix it.  ???
It won't happen because the Dingoo A380 ripped off the people who ported the emulators to the a320, broke GPL, and didn't even try to hide it.

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 12:57:42 am »
I could tell a lot more but I think it's better not to do it and shut up. After all we don't want to start a console war.  ;)
Go ahead tell more. I'd like to hear it

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:51 am »
NOT FOLLOWING...

can someone clarify what's going on ?

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 02:40:52 am »
Alien Grey said that the A380 will never be on the front page of dingoonity and I told him why. The he hinted that d_smagin is being too nice and did not want to start a console war.

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 05:59:38 am »
what i don't get is ,

if these games are supposed to be for "OPEN" dingux

why is the source code not available for recompiling?

Alien Grey

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 09:42:00 am »
It won't happen because the Dingoo A380 ripped off the people who ported the emulators to the a320, broke GPL, and didn't even try to hide it.

No problem because I don't care.  ;)

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 04:18:27 pm »
what i don't get is ,

It is available. Zear got the source from the devs by asking for it. He also go the source code for his stuff on the openhandhelds archive from the gp32 and wiz sections. The source is out there  ;D I really liked the specs and form factor of the a380 it is just what the company did was wrong and I do not wish to support that. What you guys have done with it is great and you have created a good scene in the process. I am glad you are making your device better and your own I have a problem with the company that made the device not the scene around it. In the end I am not the one that made the decision not to post a380 stuff on the front page and if you look at the releases the s_magin did that made the front page you will see I mention the a380 and ritmix as well.

Alien Grey

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 05:15:54 pm »
If there was a RESET button on the forum someone would already have pushed it. ;D

Whatever the company has done is none of my concerns. It didn't stop me from hacking the firmware and try to take back what belongs to the open-source community. I also got serious questions if the emulators on the Dingoo A-380 are build without the help of some of the authors. If this is true than they didn't steal anything because they paid good money to write the emulators for their device.

I've never seen or heard from the authors that they did steal their work or I must have missed it. I also got serious questions about the GCW Zero but it didn't stop me from pre-ordering one like a lot of the other guys did. I'm here because I like the open-source community and want to try to make things better if I can. But I'm not sure anymore if this is the right place and I'm starting to think that maybe it's time for me to move on.

To say it in Linux terms "redefine HOME".  ;)

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 05:51:51 pm »
If there was a RESET button on the forum someone would already have pushed it. ;D

Whatever the company has done is none of my concerns. It didn't stop me from hacking the firmware and try to take back what belongs to the open-source community. I also got serious questions if the emulators on the Dingoo A-380 are build without the help of some of the authors. If this is true than they didn't steal anything because they paid good money to write the emulators for their device.

I've never seen or heard from the authors that they did steal their work or I must have missed it. I also got serious questions about the GCW Zero but it didn't stop me from pre-ordering one like a lot of the other guys did. I'm here because I like the open-source community and want to try to make things better if I can. But I'm not sure anymore if this is the right place and I'm starting to think that maybe it's time for me to move on.

that's why you have your own console/firmware/wallpaper ...  ;D

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 05:54:50 pm »
as a retro gamer , i love old machines being squeezed to get better experiences,

(i'm a tester of Myide 2 and 1 mb expansion boards for Atari 8 bit)

that's why its so sad to me when a machine that's quite powerful gets ignored... >:(

zear

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 06:50:54 pm »
Giana's Return is a closed source software. I am in possesion of the source code, but I need permission from the authors every time I port it to a new hardware. OpenJazz's A320 changes were merged back with the official code repository, and as for the SuperTux source, it's available on openhandhelds archive.

The fact that the OS is GPL does not mean you can run GPL-only software on it. Some homebrew remains closed source and this is neither illegal nor controversial. You can only complain if someone makes an opensource game port and does not release his changes to the code. But then direct your anger towards that person, not the community. We do not endorse GPL violations and we have raised the issue every time someone delivered software that breaks the license (vide Lion's native os emulators).

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 07:05:36 pm »
what i don't get is ,

The "Open" part of OpenDingux's means the OS is open source, it doesn't say anything about the apps running on it. If someone makes an emulator/game without using GPL source code nothing and noone forces he/she to release the sources, even if the emulator/game was made only for OpenDingux.

Santo

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 07:09:34 pm »
But I'm not sure anymore if this is the right place and I'm starting to think that maybe it's time for me to move on.

""Where ever you go, the people who need you will find you""... nice quotation isn't it? 8)

Place and Circumstances are no matter when you doing your work heart fully, works will be done.. that's what happened in a380's growth.. every body will have their own reasons to support it or don't....
take it easy... ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:42:09 pm by Santo »

danilop2k2 (OP)

• !
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 07:43:16 pm »
Giana's Return is a closed source software. I am in possesion of the source code, but I need permission from the authors every time I port it to a new hardware. OpenJazz's A320 changes were merged back with the official code repository, and as for the SuperTux source, it's available on openhandhelds archive.

The fact that the OS is GPL does not mean you can run GPL-only software on it. Some homebrew remains closed source and this is neither illegal nor controversial. You can only complain if someone makes an opensource game port and does not release his changes to the code. But then direct your anger towards that person, not the community. We do not endorse GPL violations and we have raised the issue every time someone delivered software that breaks the license (vide Lion's native os emulators).

it think all these "opensource"  machines live in some kind of grey market,
they are used mainly for emulation with roms we don't always own the rights for
that's the pure truth

don't tell me you bought an original  dingoo back in the day and always used it for development...
we 're not that naive...

First Dingoo was Controversial . Pandora in my opinion was a scam ( 2 years with
my money and seeing them selling the machine as available on ebay.uk for twice the price was not cool)

then why , why , all of a sudden , there's that much concern and rage against this system?
it's not that the other front covered machines are that clean...

yeah ALIEN

maybe we should all move on...

there's still a LOT of unanswered questions about our coming GCWs

and

anyway maybe
it will be GAME OVER when psvita is cracked  ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:47:04 pm by danilop2k2 »