Author Topic: Notice from Dingoo Technology regards the new console A-380!  (Read 35964 times)

dingootech (OP)

Notice from Dingoo Technology regards the new console A-380!
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:14:42 am »
To whom bought a testing/sample unit of the Dingoo-Tech A-380 from Etronixmart or any other vendor,

Please contact the seller who sold you that unit and ask for an exchange. We will exchange the units for all of you. We have some up-dates on both hardware and software.

Thank you very much !

PS: Please do this before the date of 25th, March, 2011. Otherwise we will not be responsible for it.

Hunterhawke

Re: Notice from Dingoo Technology regards the new console A-380!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:48:37 am »
Just to be clear. We have to send this device back to etronixmart?

Please tell me there is a method to do this directly with dingoo tech. 
I really really... really REALLY don't want to deal with etronixmart again.

If not, is it possible to fill us in on the hardware changes? If it is nothing major, I don't mind keeping the test unit. So long as the software changes fix the emulation issues.

Again, I just REALLY don't want to deal with that business again.
It felt shady enough trying to get them to send an item to ME (and have it turn out to be some kind of prototype), let alone the other way around.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 06:02:43 am by Hunterhawke »

dingootech (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:06:20 am »

If not, is it possible to fill us in on the hardware changes? If it is nothing major, I don't mind keeping the test unit. So long as the software changes fix the emulation issues.

It felt shady enough trying to get them to send an item to ME (and have it turn out to be some kind of prototype), let alone the other way around.

Hello,

After discussed, we accept you to send it back to us directly if you really don't want to send back to Etronixmart.  You have to send it back since after firmware/software up-graded, your unit's hardware will not so compatible with it thus some fucntions can not be adapted.

Thanks!

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:32:26 am »
You have to send it back since after firmware/software up-graded, your unit's hardware will not so compatible with it thus some fucntions can not be adapted.

So what you're basically saying is that the hardware has undergone significant changes and with the new firmware that you will release, it will not work on the test units that people have unfortunately and unknowingly received?

Who pays for the shipping here? Are you paying for the full return shipping?

You should send the new units to the people with test units first, before they have to send anything back, as a sign of good faith. You should also include a pre-paid shipping satchel in order for your test unit to be returned.

It was your mistake to begin with, and it's not fair for the people who have spent $100 on a product that not only is defective, but will not be able to be rectified via a software update, thereby deeming it near useless. Then to expect those people to pay for shipping and post back the test unit, where in the worst case scenario they will end up with nothing (if something goes wrong in transit or otherwise).

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 12:15:31 pm »

Hello,

After discussed, we accept you to send it back to us directly if you really don't want to send back to Etronixmart.  You have to send it back since after firmware/software up-graded, your unit's hardware will not so compatible with it thus some fucntions can not be adapted.

Thanks!

I purchased from EtronixMart and I too do not want to send it to them, what is the address we need to ship it to, and when can we expect to get a new one? Can we arrange for a cross ship? Also is a week long enough to get this shipment to China?? EtronixMart was not up front with us, so I'd think we could get at least get the benefit of the doubt here as loyal customers...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:01:10 pm by outsiderjohnson »

sephiroth198777

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 02:18:40 pm »
Yes I would rather send the test unit to Dingoo Tech.  What is the address?  Once you receive it, will you email us a tracking # when the new unit is sent to us?  Thanks.

Edit: Address found : )

dingootech (OP)

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 03:38:10 pm »
Hello every one,
Firstly greeting to all of you.
Although it is over 11 p.m here, I want to finish replying you before sleeping.
Frank_fjs, I know you are always so kind and concerned us very much, thanks for your support anyway.
However, the whole thing is not like what you guessed. The one who has a A380 testing unit can still use it after the up-date. What I said was in the view of using the console at its better condition, let's us do exchange . We did some improvements on hardware after sending out those units, it is better now.
 Furthermore, let me explain again we have not authorized/allowed any person to sell those testing units. They broken their promises and it is not our faulty to sell the unit to customer. Even, we  are not liable for the exchange since we are the original manufacturer not the person who sold it to you. However, we admit that we have not controlled the whole thing well and cause some of you problems, we apologize for that.
Anyway, let's face the reality, see what we can do in order to compensate.
For the ones who has that unit, please directly return to us for exchange. When you post it, please put a note written down your detailed address and contact number together with the console. Also please remember to pack it well in order to avoid the screen broken. Please use the registered mail to mail it.
We Dingoo tech will assume the shipping cost. Please let the package pre-paid and we give your postage back when sending it back to you. And sephiroth198777,
of course there will be a tracking number. Probably after 2-3 weeks you will have a new one if the shipping not delay. Thanks again!
P.S: THIS IS AN ACCEPTION FOR RETURN THE CONSOLE TO US DIRECTLY FROM PERSONAL. WE DON'T ACT LIKE THIS IN FUTURE NORMAL BUSINESS TIME.

gibberish

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 05:13:52 pm »
big up dingootech, that's a pretty fair and noble offer you have made. people, it was etronixmart that messed up in this instance and DT are promising to sort it out for you, you should be happy with this deal even if it required you to pay postage (which it doesn't seem like you're going to have to in this case).

sephiroth198777

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 05:16:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  And thanks for helping us out!  Im sending my unit out tomorrow.

BonesCollector

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 06:44:28 pm »
Now fix the native NeoGeo MVS emu please  ::)

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 06:53:16 pm »
Very nice gesture from Dingoo.. Just got done dropping mine off at the post office... on it's way registered mail..

Hunterhawke

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 07:33:49 pm »
This is absolutely fanTASTIC!

I only have one issue. I have never shipped anything in my life... not even a letter.

Can someone please help me to send this out. I don't even know where to begin.

I'm talking like... step by step here. I literally do not understand how I am supposed to do this.

Normally I'd take the extra time to research this process, but considering it has to reach them by the 25th...

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 07:46:58 pm »
Just take it to the post office, find an envelope (cushioned) it will fit in, put in there, write the address on it, tell the person working the desk that you need to send it registered, and they will have you fill out about 2 forms, and it will cost you about $25 (at least for me it did..)

sephiroth198777

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 07:48:06 pm »
Does UPS do registered?

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 07:54:14 pm »
I don't believe so

sephiroth198777

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 07:54:52 pm »
I know registered takes longer.  I don't want them to receive it after the 25th.

Hunterhawke

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 08:00:31 pm »
Now I'm confused again. Do I send it registered or will that take too long?

You said it will fit in a cushion envelope. Does that mean we only need to send the 380 itself back, or the box with everything it came with?

As sephiroth198777 mentioned, I don't want them to receive it after the 25th. Or do they just need tracking info by the 25th?

sephiroth198777

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 08:03:30 pm »
If you go to UPS and tell them you want to send the package and have the recipient receive it by the 25th they'll walk you through it.  I think Im going to do that.  I'll feel better knowing that they are getting it sooner rather than later.  I'll also email dingootech the tracking #.

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 12:30:05 am »
We did some improvements on hardware after sending out those units, it is better now.

You guys are always so vague and shady. What exactly are these improvements you speak of?

1. Why haven't you guys updated the native OS for the A330 to use the machine's full 64MB of RAM, instead of just 32MB?

2. Why haven't you guys fixed the Neogeo pixelation issue that plagues your A320s and A330s?

3. Have you guys fixed these things on the A380?

4. Do you have answers to these questions? If not, please finally admit that you guys STOLE the hardware design and the native OS. If the native OS is indeed your work, you would have access to it's source, and would be able to make your A330/A380 use the full 64MB of ram.

Stop misleading people into thinking that you guys have control over the software.

I will definitely buy an A380 IF you make these small but LONG OVERDUE software updates.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:44:10 am by Jesse »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic