Author Topic: noob fba neo geo game issues  (Read 2012 times)

mumpy (OP)

noob fba neo geo game issues
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:13:25 pm »
Hi
I just bought an a380 and am new to the emulator scene and I am having great trouble getting neo geo games to work. I have upgraded to Alien greys new firmware and can run most other emulators but
the neo geo games . I have tried to convert them to fba but no luck.
Could some please give me some suggestions on what I should try next.
Many thanks.

Alien Grey

Re: noob fba neo geo game issues
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:36:36 pm »
You need the neogeo.zip that contains the BIOS files for the NEO-GEO games. You're also going to need the pgm.zip for the PolyGame Master games.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

mumpy (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:07:29 pm »
Thanks for the help do I need to put it in the fba roms folder, I try it in
The neo geo ROM folder and no luck.

Alien Grey

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:17 pm »
Make sure that you use the right ROM set. MAME ROMs should convert just fine. Did you download the fba converter from the Dingoo Technology website?
This one should have the right neogeo.zip.

Edit:

If you're trying to get them to run on the SDL Emulator try with deleting the .fba folder. You're going to find it in the game subfolder fba. The first time you're going to run the emulator it's going to create a new .fba folder with the fba.swp file in it. Make sure that you've got more than 128mb free space to create the fba.swp file.

The screen is going to stay black for a long time because it takes some time to create the fba.swp file. Be patient and if all goes well the game is going to load after creating the fba.swp file.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:43:54 pm by Alien Grey »
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

mumpy (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:06:02 pm »
Wow thanks for the help I got a rom playing in fba, again for the help.
Kind Regards.