Author Topic: May help A380 Users..  (Read 7423 times)

SONIC SHOCKER

May help A380 Users..
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:40:48 am »
Just thought I'd mention this, as it could help some A380 users..

If you are trying to boot some 'Dingux Emulators' and they don't work..
It maybe because the default 'boot file' has no (.dge) extension on the end.

I have gotten lots of emulators to work just because all i did is look for the "biggest file" with "no file extension"
and rename it with ( .dge ) on the end...

and pow..

they run great  :P

FlyingBurrito76

Re: May help A380 Users..
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:52:58 pm »
Awesome.

Haven't had a chance to try any custom emulators for the system, I've only played around with what comes stock standard on the A-380 (and it took me a good 2 days to get Neo-Geo games squared away and working properly), but when I do get around to trying community built EMUs I'll keep that trick in mind!

FlyingBurrito76

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:53:13 pm »
Hrmph.  :-[

Didn't work for the native LYNX emulator.

SONIC SHOCKER

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:37:25 am »
LYNGOO WONT WORK COS ITS A .SIM FILE. 
They have to have ( No Extension at all )... or a .gpe file extension to work using this method.

;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:33:24 pm by SONIC SHOCKER »

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 08:07:29 am »
sonic, maybe you can do a list of compatible emulator?

SONIC SHOCKER

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 06:08:52 pm »
Well 1 of them i just got working is.. FRODO..

Once you have downloaded it.. Just Rename the file: " FrodoPC " which has no file extension at all to " FrodoPC.dge " 

And it works..
I have been doing this for lots of other older dingoo emulators as well.. and they work great on the A380

Also to get SCUMMVM working Rename " Scummvm.gpe "   to   " Scummvm.dge "

If this still dont work for you.. all i can say it you must have the Pre-Release A380 make sure your firmware is 2.00.1 or above.

In the mean time i will try and make a list... But you guys should also post your findings also.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:38:19 pm by SONIC SHOCKER »

bigdavebear

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 01:33:45 am »
Nice find...

So the few native A380 Emus that are flawed, can be replaced by a few Dingux ones renamed to .dge

Whats the compatibility like on these.

tj

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:54:06 pm »
Well 1 of them i just got working is.. FRODO..

Once you have downloaded it.. Just Rename the file: " FrodoPC " which has no file extension at all to " FrodoPC.dge " 

And it works..
I have been doing this for lots of other older dingoo emulators as well.. and they work great on the A380

Also to get SCUMMVM working Rename " Scummvm.gpe "   to   " Scummvm.dge "

If this still dont work for you.. all i can say it you must have the Pre-Release A380 make sure your firmware is 2.00.1 or above.

In the mean time i will try and make a list... But you guys should also post your findings also.  ;)
I got scummvm to work on my a380 however the screen size is wrong and it wont go into fullscreen mode

Cheaker

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 11:54:40 am »
Can someone check NES and GBA dingux emulators? I have an a380 but I'm in the army right now so can't spend much time testing.

Alien Grey

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 01:29:20 pm »
Can someone check NES and GBA dingux emulators? I have an a380 but I'm in the army right now so can't spend much time testing.

I don't know if it's possible to run the dingux NES and GBA emulators for the Dingoo A-320 but if they do they won't run any better than the native Dingoo A-380 emulators.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Firebrand

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:37 am »
It's possible, and, sadly, no, they don't work as-is.  The screen resolution would need to be changed in the code to enable this at a minimum.  And that's false that they wouldn't run faster.  This assumes all code is optimized equally, which is not how it works.

hiredgun

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 07:00:35 am »
Did a compatibility list ever get done??  If not, I wouldn't mind testing some of the older native emus to see and start working on that list and post the results if the rest of you are interested.  Maybe a few of us could get working on this and we could get lucky and find one or two good emulators that can be switched!!  What I'm not exactly clear on is if they are supposed to be the Native emulators that can be switched, or the Dingux one's??? H.G.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:03:02 am by hiredgun »

Alien Grey

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 08:57:38 am »
Don't waste your time on something that you never going to get run as it should without making a lot of modifications to the code. What we need is Dingoo Technology to release their source code for the emulators so that we've got something to work on that already runs on the Dingoo A-380.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

hiredgun

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 05:25:55 pm »
Don't waste your time on something that you never going to get run as it should without making a lot of modifications to the code. What we need is Dingoo Technology to release their source code for the emulators so that we've got something to work on that already runs on the Dingoo A-380.

Then I?ll switch to plan B and keep my figers crossed, lol.  Thanks for the heads up, H.G.

Cheaker

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 10:08:23 am »

It seems they wont do such thing. And I think we must test as much Dingux emus on A380 as possible, just for make sure they wont or will work. I'm not good in unix as you guys but we can change emus resolution in it's sourse code, arent we? Seems legit for me, lol.

Alien Grey

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 08:15:49 pm »
It seems they wont do such thing. And I think we must test as much Dingux emus on A380 as possible, just for make sure they wont or will work. I'm not good in unix as you guys but we can change emus resolution in it's sourse code, arent we? Seems legit for me, lol.

Changing the resolution should be possible. The problem is that for most of the games and emulators for dingux you won't find the source code or it isn't complete. There's no explanation or example to make the changes to the source code so you still need a software developer.  ;)

hiredgun

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 01:07:21 pm »

Changing the resolution should be possible. The problem is that for most of the games and emulators for dingux you won't find the source code or it isn't complete. There's no explanation or example to make the changes to the source code so you still need a software developer.  ;)

This may seem a little off topic, but I think it's pertinent, so I'll ask it here.  Using something called the GameGadget Sandbox, the GameGadget users have managed to run OpenDingux on it.  http://boards.dingoonity.org/gamegadget/the-gamegadget/30/
Since you are the most informed around here on the A380 Alien Grey, why can't something done like this for the good old A380??  I would think it would have a lot more similarities with the A320 which now runs OpenDingux that the GameGadget would!!  H.G.

Alien Grey

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 02:55:14 pm »
I don't think that it would work without a lot of changes and you still have to change the resolution for the games and emulators. You can run OpenDingux on the GameGadget but the emulators and games don't seem to run as they should be or don't run at all.  ;)

It may look that the grass is greener on the other side but it isn't.  ;D

After reading a lot on the forum I still think that my Dingoo A-380 is the right choice.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:01:58 pm by Alien Grey »

hiredgun

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »

It may look that the grass is greener on the other side but it isn't.  ;D

Very eloquently said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)