I went looking for some kind of emulation in the psp and found the Dingoo A380 on eBay. I bought it on an impulse. I searched around the net just to find out that this is a cursed device. From what I've read the Dingoonitty Comunitty hates the manufacturer for some GPL licence I don't really understand. So I got screwed by myself.
As a noob who can't return the device for a refund. Is there something I can do with my A380? I want to play the 3D native games but I don't know how (the device came without them). The gb, gba, MD, mame, neogeo, sfc, sf emus that came preinstalled were Pretty good cept a few glitches. I don't eve have an idea of where to look for emulators that would work on this Dingoo. I guess I have to stay with the glitches and play those rom types.
- If you like a pretty handheld emulator for NES, snes, sega MD, GAMEBOY (advance, color), mame, neogeo, you're in for a treat.
- The AV Out works excellent (the jack needs to be pushed with a little force if you're getting some gray weird image.
- battery life time is excellent
- China company
- No crowdsourced development and obviously no crowdsupport
- some glitches can get annoying
By the look of the relationship between manufacturer and developing community I would tell you that if you like this device for just a few roms then it's ok. But if you expect for something that doesn't come factory sealed then you must look for the A320, Pandora, Gp2X, Wiz, Canoo etc.
NOTE: If you want me to show you something or try something on the Dingoo A380 just let me know and I'll post it on YouTube