Author Topic: GBA emulator - Slow sound  (Read 2034 times)

thalesgerude (OP)

GBA emulator - Slow sound
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:13:45 pm »
Hi there.

When I try to play games with the original Dingoo A380 GBA emulator there are issues with the sound.
Both the music and the sound effects seem to be desynchronized, coming after the image.

Is it normal? If it is, there's something I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Alien Grey

Re: GBA emulator - Slow sound
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:39:55 pm »
There's nothing that can be done about it. I hope this get fixed with an official update some day.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Santo

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:58:54 pm »
we have better alternatives for almost all stock emulators except gba... i hope we get an sdl gba some day..

thalesgerude (OP)

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:31:44 pm »
Thanks, you guys.

I was afraid of just that.
Sadly I'm gonna wait untill some update fix the problem.

:(

Alien Grey

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:19:51 am »
we have better alternatives for almost all stock emulators except gba... i hope we get an sdl gba some day..

We're working on adding an alternative Game Boy Advance emulator. It's going to be better but don't expect it to fix everything because it's also based on gpsp version 0.9. The CFW is ready but it needs more testing before releasing it.  ;)
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

thalesgerude (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »
Alien Grey,

I've installed the new CFW with the SDL GBA emulator. The problem we've talked about is solved, but I've noticed that the same sound is facing a whole new trouble. Even synchronized with image, it seems to show some little distortions, being not fully clear.

Is it normal? If it isn't, is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

AtariHERO

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 03:57:39 pm »
some games work better than others,
but overall sdl gba is a really good emulator

Alien Grey

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 10:24:59 am »
Alien Grey,

I've installed the new CFW with the SDL GBA emulator. The problem we've talked about is solved, but I've noticed that the same sound is facing a whole new trouble. Even synchronized with image, it seems to show some little distortions, being not fully clear.

Is it normal? If it isn't, is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Changing frameskip from auto to manual and frameskip value 1 should fix that. It did with the games that I've tested.

It's sad that there isn't an aspect ratio scaler for this emulator.  :(

Post a new topic
Post a new topic