• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Dingoo A-380 Custom Firmware V2.11.09 "RetroDD"  (Read 275919 times)

paulo_coe

Re: Dingoo A-380 Custom Firmware V2.11.09 "RetroDD"
« Reply #660 on: August 12, 2015, 04:23:56 am »
Hello Friends!

Very Recently I've bought a dingoo a380 and decided to upgrade it to a custom firmware. I tryed many times to follow the steps for the installation but I got the same result, my dingoo just don't turn on. I've checked the cables with a multimeter and everything seems to be normal. Also checked the MicroSD conector and there was a very small piece of the sticker, but even after I took it out the dingoo din't want to wake up.

Can someone help me? I just played for a week on it... :'(

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #661 on: September 06, 2015, 03:46:00 pm »
Hello Friends!

Very Recently I've bought a dingoo a380 and decided to upgrade it to a custom firmware. I tryed many times to follow the steps for the installation but I got the same result, my dingoo just don't turn on. I've checked the cables with a multimeter and everything seems to be normal. Also checked the MicroSD conector and there was a very small piece of the sticker, but even after I took it out the dingoo din't want to wake up.

Can someone help me? I just played for a week on it... :'(

Reset the console if it didn't want to boot because of the small piece of sticker that got stuck in the MicroSD slot. It should boot up just fine after a reset. If it doesn't want to boot the CFW just try again with the factory firmware.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

freccia72

« Reply #662 on: November 11, 2015, 01:50:29 pm »
A couple of moths ago, I grabbed a (real) Dingoo A-380 and gave CFW 2.11.09 a try. First, I'd like to thank the authors and contributors of the firmware and emulators, who made a very capable handheld out of the A-380.

So far, I've run into a few (non show-stopping) issues which I thought to report, also to the benfit of other users.

1) I cannot boot the factory kernel: I've installed the emu pack (and the vmlinux folder) in the required locations; when I launch dingux from the settings > vmlinux menu, the Dingoo reboots but doesn't load dmenu (it stays on an empty screen with the "paw" backgound) and I have to reset it to bring it back (thus returning to the custom kernel, I guess?). I've read of a similar issue with a previous CFW version in this very thread, so maybe it's a known problem. I've yet to try under the old CFW 2.11.04, which I see is still available for download in the OP (I'm not too keen on opening my A-380 again, but I'll do it if necessary).

2) So far, I've only tested the CFW Final Burn Alpha emu and it's great. I've noticed that the emu creates a .fba directory inside the /game/fba folder on the internal memory card (where game ROMs are put); that directory contains a 'configs' subdir where the emu saves per-game settings upon exit. The config files are UNIX text files similar to those used by fbacapex frontend in the OD release of the same emu. I've tried editing a couple of these files with Notepad++ (e.g. to select the MAME Z80 core and have correct sound in the Aero Fighters Neo Geo games), but the emu seems to load the games with the default settings nevertheless. I suspect the configs are meant to be used with fbacapex (not ported to A-380), maybe I'm wrong.

3) I have two F-16 wireless controllers that work (one at a time) with my Dingoo A-330. I've unsuccessfully tried to pair both (individually and simultaneously) with the A-380, following the directions I found in two old threads of this forum section. It could well be my unit's fault, since it's used and has clearly been opened before. All I know is that when I turn on wireless controller in settings, the wireless icon appears next to the clock as expected; I then double tap the wireless button on the controller(s) but the red led on it goes on flashing (instead of going out) and the Dingoo obviously doesn't respond to inputs.

I apologize for the lenghty post and would like to thank again all devs involved in this for their excellent work.
Best wishes,
Federico
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:54:22 pm by freccia72 »

rick121uk

« Reply #663 on: July 29, 2018, 10:11:22 am »
Hi Guys,

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a download link for the SOR Remake port. Or PM me the link or point me in the right direction of where i cam download it. Been waiting ages to  play that game on my device.

Thanks

Rick

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #664 on: September 18, 2018, 12:13:00 pm »
A couple of moths ago, I grabbed a (real) Dingoo A-380 and gave CFW 2.11.09 a try. First, I'd like to thank the authors and contributors of the firmware and emulators, who made a very capable handheld out of the A-380.

So far, I've run into a few (non show-stopping) issues which I thought to report, also to the benfit of other users.

1) I cannot boot the factory kernel: I've installed the emu pack (and the vmlinux folder) in the required locations; when I launch dingux from the settings > vmlinux menu, the Dingoo reboots but doesn't load dmenu (it stays on an empty screen with the "paw" backgound) and I have to reset it to bring it back (thus returning to the custom kernel, I guess?). I've read of a similar issue with a previous CFW version in this very thread, so maybe it's a known problem. I've yet to try under the old CFW 2.11.04, which I see is still available for download in the OP (I'm not too keen on opening my A-380 again, but I'll do it if necessary).

2) So far, I've only tested the CFW Final Burn Alpha emu and it's great. I've noticed that the emu creates a .fba directory inside the /game/fba folder on the internal memory card (where game ROMs are put); that directory contains a 'configs' subdir where the emu saves per-game settings upon exit. The config files are UNIX text files similar to those used by fbacapex frontend in the OD release of the same emu. I've tried editing a couple of these files with Notepad++ (e.g. to select the MAME Z80 core and have correct sound in the Aero Fighters Neo Geo games), but the emu seems to load the games with the default settings nevertheless. I suspect the configs are meant to be used with fbacapex (not ported to A-380), maybe I'm wrong.

3) I have two F-16 wireless controllers that work (one at a time) with my Dingoo A-330. I've unsuccessfully tried to pair both (individually and simultaneously) with the A-380, following the directions I found in two old threads of this forum section. It could well be my unit's fault, since it's used and has clearly been opened before. All I know is that when I turn on wireless controller in settings, the wireless icon appears next to the clock as expected; I then double tap the wireless button on the controller(s) but the red led on it goes on flashing (instead of going out) and the Dingoo obviously doesn't respond to inputs.

I apologize for the lenghty post and would like to thank again all devs involved in this for their excellent work.
Best wishes,
Federico

The answer is that I don't know why it doesn't work without issues for everyone with a Dingoo A-380. I thought it was because of different revisions but they all seem to be the same revision. I remember that Santo had this issue with his Dingoo A-380 and the latest CFW version and it was also impossible for him to get the wireless controllers working.

It was the end of the Dingoo A-380 CFW because I didn't want to spend any of me free time on it any more and I think I wasn't the only one.  ???
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

freccia72

« Reply #665 on: September 18, 2018, 09:03:02 pm »

Best wishes,
Federico

The answer is that I don't know why it doesn't work without issues for everyone with a Dingoo A-380. I thought it was because of different revisions but they all seem to be the same revision. I remember that Santo had this issue with his Dingoo A-380 and the latest CFW version and it was also impossible for him to get the wireless controllers working.

It was the end of the Dingoo A-380 CFW because I didn't want to spend any of me free time on it any more and I think I wasn't the only one.  ???
Well, thanks for the answer anyway. Actually, a year ago my A380?s battery leaked and busted my unit for good (don?t have it anymore, before someone asks). It was fun while it lasted, I guess. All the best for your current projects and thanks again, Grey.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk