Author Topic: Dingoo A-380 Custom Firmware V2.11.09 "RetroDD"  (Read 214268 times)

Alien Grey (OP)

Re: New Firmware V2.00.20 with NEO-GEO zip support
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »
That won't make a difference. When you load the default settings it's going to be reversed again.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 09:15:18 pm »
Adding a new language isn't possible but replacing a language is possible. I choose to replace Chinese with Nederlands (Dutch). This means that when you need the Chinese language you can't use the new custom firmwares anymore or you have to replace the language file yourself with the Chinese language file. If you don't know how to do it you can ask Dingoo Tech to do it and they can put the Chinese language back to the firmware and add the dutch language as a new language to their firmware.  ;D

I also enabled .sms support for the SEGA Game Gear emulator. There are a few games like Mickey Mouse - Castle Of Illusion that can only run in SEGA Master System compatibility mode or you can't play them. This is easy to fix. All you have to do is change the .gg to .sms to fix this issue.

I'm going to need someone to fix the Engrish in the firmware. I think that everyone already noticed that the english translation in the firmware is terrible and that this should be fixed in the firmware. You can find the English language file as an attachement to this post to fix the Engrish. I can replace it in the firmware so you don't have to look at the terrible translation.

I don't know if the other languages are also terrible translated, but if they are and you want it to be fixed, I can make the language file available so you can fix it. Give me the fixed version and I replace it in the firmware.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

BrendanSmall

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 01:43:31 pm »
Ok, I'm 64gb'd w/.20 firmware :).  Why won't my emulators work?  This is a total newb question, and I hate it.  I've modded my 320, Gemei 330, and Caanoo...but this thing escapes me.  If the .dge files are in the linux partitions, where do I put the roms if I'm running a windows-based system? 

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 01:59:11 pm »
You should put your emulators on the FAT32 partition. The dge files on the EXT3 partition are shortcuts to the emulators on the FAT32 partition. You can download them in the OP or copy them from your original Dingoo A380 MicroSD.

Put the emulator folder with the Dingoo A380 emulators on your internal MicroSD FAT32 partition. All the other folders with the open-source emulators should be put on the external MicroSD if you have one. 

Then press every emulator button to create the game folder and the emulator sub folders. Put your ROMs in the emulator folders.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:00:47 pm by Alien Grey »

BrendanSmall

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 03:32:19 pm »
Yeah, took me a minute but figured that one out by re-installing the original SD card and seeing what's up.  The 20 firmware doesn't have the 'emulator' folder in the FAT32 partition, but it has the others, which is what threw me off.  I just copied everything from the original FAT partition into the 'ALIEN_GREY' partition (29Gb of goodies :)) and it all fired up.  I got a copy of Stella to work too, the one Slaanesh modded for handheld use.  I put it in the EMUS folder and set up the rom directory address by altering the config file with Notepad++. 

Now...anyone have PRBoom/CZDoom working on this yet?  That's my drug of choice :).

Oh, I'm also installing dual-boot Ubuntu on my XP laptop tonight, so I can edit things properly.  I can't 'read' the linux partitions on the card, only on the firmware image, so I can't edit them.  I can edit stuff on the FAT32 partition though, obviously, but I need to learn more :).

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 08:50:49 pm »
The good news is that changing a language on the Dingoo A380 is possible and now I can use the Dutch language. The bad news is that I couldn't replace it with the Chinese language because there's a bug in the firmware that won't let you replace the Chinese emulator option language text.  >:(  That isn't acceptable so the only thing I could do is replace it with a different language. This isn't exactly what I wanted to do but I didn't have a choice so I replaced it with the Japanese language so I could at least have the emulator option text in English.  ???

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 08:27:16 am »
I can move the audio, video, pictures and file readers folders to the external MicroSD. I did this for my own Dingoo A380. I can change this in the next custom firmware release but the question is if you would like me to do that?

The problem is that if I move the folders to the external MicroSD you can't use it anymore without an external MicroSD.

The next custom firmware is going to have the icons and list select build by zipaway. The list select is also replaced for audio and video.

Alien Grey (OP)

Re: New Firmware V2.00.23 with NEO-GEO zip support
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 10:54:53 pm »
Firmware V2.00.23 is online.  ;D

nodata

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 01:53:14 am »
Hi. I just got my a380 and I installed the new firmware v2.0023. And everything seems to be working fine. However, I replaced the internal 4gb SD card with a 32gb SD card. Everything works properly, but when I connect the system by USB to my PC, I'm only showing 4gb of space. I'm assuming this is because the img that I wrote to the 32 gb SD card had only a 4gb FAT 32 partition. Is there any way to increase the FAT 32 partition size? Thanks for your help!

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 12:39:26 pm »
You can make the FAT32 partition larger. Use GParted in Ubuntu/Linux to delete the FAT32 partition and create a new one. For Windows you can use mini partition tool. http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

nodata

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 02:54:43 pm »
You can make the FAT32 partition larger. Use GParted in Ubuntu/Linux to delete the FAT32 partition and create a new one. For Windows you can use mini partition tool. http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

I'm trying that with Partion Wizard right now, but it looks like it only lets me adjust the current FAT32 partition (approx 4GB in size). It's definitely a 32GB SD card. I'm using Windows 7. This is with the SD card in the a380 and connected via USB to the Computer. If I take the SD card out and plug it in through my SD slot on the computer, it won't read it at all (just shows up as needing to be formatted). I'm currently wiping the FAT 32 partition and trying that way. I think what I'll need to do is format the entire card again in the SD slot with SD Formatter, allocate an approx 4gb partition to be used for the img with partition wizard, and leave the rest unpartitioned. Then, after I mount the img, I should be able to come BACK in partition wizard, and merge the 4GB FAT 32 partition with the rest of the unpartioned space (once I format the unpartitioned space as FAT32).

nodata

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 03:30:11 pm »
Oh! Nevermind! I just removed the SD disk from the a380, and put it directly in the SD slot on my computer and deleted and created the new partition there. Thanks!

nodata

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 03:44:38 pm »
My next question is that MAME doesn't show up in the emulator list on the a380. I have the MAME folder on my SD card though. How do I make it show up in the list without having to move MAME to the external SD card?

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 04:56:52 pm »
It's better to move Mame and all other open-source emulators to the external MicroSD. It's better because the open-source on the Dingoo A380 is a shortcut to the external MicroSD. Download the emulator package from the OP to use the english version of midpath that runs without having to keep it in the emus folder.

nodata

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2012, 11:42:53 pm »
I got several CPS2 roms but can't get any of them to run. I don't even get an option to start the CPS2 emulator. I go to EMULATORS and select CPS2, and all it does is come up with a menu saying "The previous directory". I'm looking in the CPS2 folder and all the roms are there. Maybe I don't have the CPS2 emulator? I'm using V2.00.23. Any help?

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2012, 11:52:27 pm »
The ROMS should be in zip or fba format and you should have nxu.dge in the emulator folder.

nodata

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2012, 11:58:51 pm »
Wrong format was it, thanks! I was using .cp2 files.

nodata

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 03:46:50 am »
Well, spoke too soon. The ROMs show up now and I can start the emulator and select them, then I get a screen that says "Single Player Mode" "Create Server" or "Serch Server", I select "Single Player Mode" and I get a screen that says "Please Wait..." then goes to a blank screen and stays there. If I select "Create Server", the system locks up totally and won't respond at all and won't turn off (which is what it's doing now) guess I just wait for the battery to die.

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 08:00:33 am »
Push the reset button if it doesn't want to turn off and try with loading factory defaults.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:02:07 am by Alien Grey »

nodata

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 07:31:31 pm »
Ok did that. Forgot about the reset button, thanks! Still though, when it starts, I get "Please Wait..." then that screen goes away to a blank screen. If I hit Select+Start at the same time, I get the emulator menu ("Continue, GameConfig, KeyConfig, State Load/Save, Reset, Exit), but the ROM never loads. I've checked and made sure the ROMS weren't on the list of ROMs that don't work. And this seems to happen with every CPS2 ROM I try. Maybe I got a bunch of bad ROMs? What's the correct file size for the AVP ROM I should be using?

Nevermind again! That was it! Bad ROM files. Found good ones.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:36:40 pm by nodata »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic