Author Topic: A380 noob questions  (Read 1315 times)

tux182 (OP)

A380 noob questions
« on: December 20, 2012, 04:33:38 am »
Hi Guys

I've recently ordered an A380 with 2 wireless pads.
In the past i've been tinkering with Emulators and ROMS, but this seems a lil more tricky to figure out. (at least on the surface)

1 - My A380 is straight out of the box I presume the custom firmware is the way forward rather than the official firmware? Is there a clear winner that people favour?
2 - After having a quick tinker with some Emulators, i was a little disappointed with performance. Are the emulators etc getting updates/improvements?
3 - Could this be due to the lack of power in the device, or maybe just needing a few firmware/emu updates over time potentially?
4 - After spending 5 mins with the device in my 40" TV, the picture itself was overstretched and the quality was poor. Granted alot of these games are 20 or so years old. But i expected a little more. Does the firmware improve this/give you options to tinker with?

I think thats it for now

I'm sure all of these questions have been asked and answered before, however the boards seem a little overwhelming with content! So forgive me if i'm asking dumb questions

Cheers in advance :)

dmitry_smagin

Re: A380 noob questions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:45:49 am »
1 - Use custom firmware, it has more emulators
2 - Emulators from official firmware are never updated, just live with it and use custom firmware as it has some good alternatives
3 - Lack of power - yes, as for firmware - see 1 and 2
4 - Custom firmware does not tinker with tv out and most emulators cannot be used with it.

I'll give it straight, a380 is a good device but with crappy official firmware. It has almost no advantages over Dingoo a320 despite having better hardware. Official firmware was never updated and never will, you get no support from the manufacturer. With custom software you can turn a380 into more or less acceptable device, but that's it.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

tux182 (OP)

Re: A380 noob questions
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 04:49:49 am »
Awesome stuff, thanks mate

I'll have a crack at this tonight this. I presume this is the latest and greatest?
Dingoo A-380 Custom Firmware V2.05.03