Author Topic: A380 "NEW FIRMWARE"  (Read 5326 times)

SONIC SHOCKER

A380 "NEW FIRMWARE"
« on: October 17, 2011, 02:56:07 am »
A380 "menu names changed with success" with more appropriate english meanings..
i dont really care if its been done on the A380 before.. Cos now i can to.

Its a little more involved than just changing the names in 'text form'.. as you cannot do this to the A380 it will hang  then crash if you try that way.

I am happy now that i have customised my menus...

Wooooooooo

;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:24:26 pm by SONIC SHOCKER »

SONIC SHOCKER

Re: A380 "menu names changed with success"
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:12:10 pm »
I have uploaded the firmware 'with this upgrade' for you ALL to downloand (link Below)  :)

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-general/a380-system-files-firmware-v2-00-1-unbricker/msg33733/

outsiderjohnson

Re: A380 "NEW FIRMWARE"
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 04:14:28 pm »
Attempting it now, with my original A380 sent back by DT.

Will let you know how it goes.

maru

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 08:06:20 am »
Hi Sonic Shocker and thanks for your work.

I'm a total noob in the Dingoo world so I have a few questions about your firmware.

- I've my Dingoo A380 since one week and the GBA and SNES emulators doesn't work anymore, although they worked well at first. GBA roms cause a black screen at launch, and SNES roms cause a freeze of the Dingoo, so I have to make hard reset to reboot.
>> If I install your firmware, will the gba and snes emulators work again ?

- I tried to install you firmware with the image writer you provide in the archive, but I get a message saying that there is "not enough space on the card to write the image file".
>> Do I have to format the SD card before installing the img file ? If yes, which tool and hdd format must I use to format the SD ? FAT32 with the windows 7 formating tool ?

Thanks in advance for your answers and keep up your good work, really appreciated ;)

maru

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 01:56:45 pm »
UP !

Anyone here ?

ToastBucket

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 03:36:33 am »
Format to FAT32 with a partition editor (otherwise it will not format the whole card, just partitions.  I use gParted.  Just go to the device, make a new partition table, and format the solitary partition to FAT32.  Also be sure you take the card off of the motherboard of the device and plug THAT into your computer, not the secondary slot card).  There is .img writing software in the download along with instructions.

froggestspirit

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 01:18:08 pm »
Can someone please re-upload the firmware to mediafire? or email it to me? the link is down, and my SD card is wiped (the sd reader wiped it from a read error) thankss.

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 01:29:22 pm »

maru

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 01:36:50 pm »
@ToastBucket : thx ! I'll try as soon as I can ;)

checkeredknight

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 10:04:15 pm »
Format to FAT32 with a partition editor (otherwise it will not format the whole card, just partitions.  I use gParted.  Just go to the device, make a new partition table, and format the solitary partition to FAT32.  Also be sure you take the card off of the motherboard of the device and plug THAT into your computer, not the secondary slot card).  There is .img writing software in the download along with instructions.

I just did all of this, turned my Dingoo back on and don't see any difference. The backgrounds have changed but the system information reads v 2.0.0.1 still and the text appears to be no different.

Really regretting this purchase... emulators run like ass. Mega Man 2 has mad slow-down and sound issues, it's unplayable. I decided to purchase after reading the review below... absolute rubbish, this guy has had a total different experience than what I have. Bah.

http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2011/10/dingoo-a380-review.html

Post a new topic
Post a new topic