Author Topic: A320E vs A380E  (Read 7728 times)

randygbrooks (OP)

A320E vs A380E
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:29:39 am »
Hello, everyone.

So I ended up mistakenly purchasing a dingoo A380E like a couple of others on here have, and while it was originally intended as a gift, I decided that it would make a good project to see if I can manage to do anything with it. I have tried numerous things, found lots of files, but have not managed to get dingux working on it.

I first tried installing the dual boot using the chinese tools, and installed fine. So I was able to boot dingux for the A320E from the SD Card, however, the screen was completely white, but the sound was still working when I moved the directional pad and pressed the buttons.

After that, I ended up bricking the whole thing somehow, and not even miniOs would boot, and when I used the (chinese) minios recovery tools (made for the A320E), it boots up just as dingux does, but also with a white screen. And the sound also works, as I can hear the clicks as I go through the menus.

So basically, while I know barely any of you have this device, could any of you speculate as to what in the hardware is different between the two devices? They both have a jz4755, 64mb ram, and I really can't seem to find any differences.

My second question is, I found the source files for a version of dingux for the A320E (the one that came with the boot tools) and I was wondering if I were to attempt to rebuild this for the A380E, can anyone give me any tips as to what I should try to change to get the screen to show up. I have a decent amount of programming experience, but I've never really worked on anything like this before.

Thanks,
Randy

dmitry_smagin

Re: A320E vs A380E
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:41:42 am »
This is simple, a320e and a380e are identical except LCD model.
White screen means lcd is not configured correctly. There are no a380e recovery tools available, sorry, try to contact the manufacturer.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

randygbrooks (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 05:07:49 pm »
Okay, thank you for your help. I am aware there are no recovery tools for the a380e, and I emailed them a few days ago with no response. I think now I'm just going to focus on getting dingux working with it. Thanks again. :)

freccia72

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 12:44:19 pm »
Hi Randy,

I'm in the exact same situation as you (minus programming skills)  :(

If you are trying to compile dingux source code to make it work on A380E, maybe you could ask forum member Coccijoe (author of the A320E dingux firmware) which part of the code handles the LCD. That would be a good place to start.

As for minios, the recovery tool for A320E seems to work ok: what we need is a proper A380E firmware image to go with it and restore the unit to factory state. Unfortunately, there aren't any around afaik  :'(

Good luck, and keep us posted  ;)

dmitry_smagin

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 04:58:38 pm »
I've ordered one a380e unit to see what can be done. Maybe CFW could be adapted or even OpenDingux, of course, using an external SD card only. I have a guess that a380e is simply a320e but with a380's LCD.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

freccia72

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 08:40:14 pm »
Thanks Dmitry, it's very kind of you.

I don't want to set my hopes too high yet, but this is promising news.

Drumaster

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 06:39:25 pm »
I've ordered one a380e unit to see what can be done. Maybe CFW could be adapted or even OpenDingux, of course, using an external SD card only. I have a guess that a380e is simply a320e but with a380's LCD.
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I would like to know if anybody managed to get a version of Dingux on A380E.

I'm looking for a tiny handheld (yes 'tiny', otherwise I would get an Android one) system to play MVS/CPS1/CPS2/SNES/MD games and as the A380E has a 400*240 resolution, I hoped that I could play native full resolution for CPS1/CPS2 games (384*224) without downscaling and without big upscaling (like on high res Android devices).

But as it seems that Dingux is required to have better emulators for those systems, I need to know if someone finally got Dingux working on A380E.

Otherwise maybe I will get a A330, the only one we still can get easily on the web.

Thanks.