Author Topic: SMSPLUS v1  (Read 13581 times)

Reesy (OP)

SMSPLUS v1
« on: December 21, 2010, 07:22:52 am »
Hi,

Yes thats right its another SMSPLUS port...you can never have too many ports right ;)

I started this before Dingear was released, if I had known someone else was working on a port I would probably not have bothered but hey the work is done now so I may as well release it.

Just in case you have never heard of SMS Plus, it is a Sega Master and Sega Game Gear Emulator originally created by a bloke called Charles MacDonald ( http://http://cgfm2.emuviews.com/ ).

Downloads are below.

http://reesy.gp32x.de/smsplusv1.zip
http://reesy.gp32x.de/smsplusv1_src.zip

Installation instructions can be found in the readme.txt found in the zip file but basically just copy the contents of the smsplusv1.zip file to the Games directory on your Dingoo and then update your jukebox.  You should then be able to launch SMS and GG roms via the Roms menu option on your Dingoo.

Press SELECT to enter the menu system where you can change various settings and save or load your games etc.

The emulator is based on the excellent Dingoo SDK created by Flatmush and Harteex and so should work on all Dingoo models.

Later
Reesy 

fosamax

Re: SMSPLUS v1
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:59:43 pm »
Thanks for that emu.

The menu is awesome but a bit too sensible. Maybe you could had a little latency to make it easier to navigate in.

I like the fact the fullscreen is a true fullscreen but it doesn't look as smooth as in Dingear (it seem to show some tearing). It runs at 60 fps which is great also even if i used to play Sega Master System at 50 Hz. Anyway i found some priority problems (lifebar disappearing behind walls in Rastan)

Did you try to implement other scaling option ? (aspect ratio for exemple).

Thanks for working on native emus anyway (I like having the choice).

EugenyN

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:57:43 pm »
I see a black screen with this rom.

Mod note: Posting links to roms is not allowed

But there are sound and the console responds to the buttons.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 04:57:44 pm by Harteex »

samir

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 10:13:59 pm »
Thanks for this emu, reesy.

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:00:02 pm »
I see a black screen with this rom.

It's marked [b1] which means it's a bad dump. Therefor you can't expect it to work correctly.

efkatz

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:48:43 am »
Cheers, playing Alex Kidd - so nostalgic!

EugenyN

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:57:46 pm »
emulator does not support any SG-1000 roms (*.sg)

At renaming game.sg to game.sms game is started, there is a sound and emulator responds to the buttons. but no picture (screen is black).

this is a bug or SG-1000 support is absent by design?

(SMSGOO and DinGear supports SG-1000 roms.)

Reesy (OP)

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 09:06:30 pm »
Sorry its only a SMS and GG emulator

myfreelog

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 12:22:38 am »
Thanks Reesy for your hard work!

Would it be possible to release an app emulator? I think that is the best way to have different emulators in the console without conflicts.

dipi

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 03:40:35 pm »
Works fine for me. Playing Phantasy Star I - brazilian version amazing!!!

Mia

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »
Thanks for your port, Reesy. Out of the 3 SMS emulators I tried on native OS, I found this one to be the best.
There's only one thing missing IMO to make it "perfect": button configuration. Unless I missed something. Isn't there a way to configure the buttons? Some games such as Alex Kidd have inverted buttons, and it's hard for me to play that way. Plus, I like to set the save state / load state functions on L / R.

dipi

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 01:25:12 am »
Yep. The R/L buttons is never mapped in aplications. They would be very useful in old 8-bits emulators.

Mia

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 01:11:22 pm »
Since the source code is available, I made small modifications to make the emulator more convenient for me. Maybe some of you will be interested as well:

- L is now mapped to 'quick load state 0'
- R is mapped to 'quick save state 0'
- The files used by the emulator (images, configuration, save files etc.) are now stored in the sub-directory 'smsplus', not directly in GAME.

It's a quick modification, I haven't tested it thoroughly, so there may be bugs.

Sim file
Source code

dipi

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:35:30 pm »
Simply awesome! I?ll test it by night.

eltehero

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 12:33:54 pm »

Can anyone gaive me a link to version SMSPLUS v1 The link on the first post topic is dead. I know there are more recent versions but I like to collect all versions of emu's especially of great devs like Reesy. Thanks

Post a new topic