Author Topic: PocketSNES Port v2.1 - For Native Firmware  (Read 56569 times)

Re: Roms Don't save
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »
For example, when I save a game in Super Mario World (not save state) get out of the emulator, and return again to the game that he was "saved " before, it is no longer there.

And what reason is there to use in-game saves when you can use save states?

daniel-ntl

Re: PocketSNES Port v2.1 - For Native Firmware
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 03:21:18 am »
what about adding cheat menu to the pocketnes (.cht) and it would be great, the ultimate snes emu on native dingoo  :)

Rune22

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 03:52:56 am »
Check the file that you sent to your Dingoo...it will not let you use Sram or save states if the .sim and .app are both on your dingoo. You must delete the .sim and use the .app I recommend deleting .sim before transfering the file to your Dingoo

gsoft

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 04:30:19 pm »
PocketSNES run in Gemei X-760+?
Dingoo and Gemei X-760+ = Same Hardware
Compatibility is possible?

Reesy (OP)

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 06:36:54 pm »
Hi Reesy,

Very good job, congratulations!

I'd like to know if I can generate a build translated to Brazilian Portuguese. In Brazil we have some Dingoo users and it would be nice.

Best Regards.

No need to ask, its open source.  You go right ahead :)

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 05:19:59 pm »
Doesn't run, unfortunately. No idea why. Even if it worked, it would be necessary for someone to recompile the emulator with the layout buttons from gemei x-760+.

gsoft

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 05:34:59 pm »
Doesn't run, unfortunately. No idea why. Even if it worked, it would be necessary for someone to recompile the emulator with the layout buttons from gemei x-760+.

Realy, PocketSNES not run on my test.
But DingooHugo run fine on my gemei x 760+

adrianomm

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 08:34:37 pm »
I really think this emulator runs better than Snes9x.

Can you compile a version to be used on DINGUX? Would it be faster?

Sure it will be at least another option...

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 12:13:36 am »

Yeah. Some other emulators runs on x760+ like mame4all and the lynx emulator for the native. Question: The sound and the controls works fine for the DingooHugo at the x760+? I'm kinda lazy to try right now :P
Maybe the guys who created the sdk could answer why some emulators works and some others don't.

clach04

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 01:11:33 am »

Yeah. Some other emulators runs on x760+ like mame4all and the lynx emulator for the native. Question: The sound and the controls works fine for the DingooHugo at the x760+? I'm kinda lazy to try right now :P
Maybe the guys who created the sdk could answer why some emulators works and some others don't.

I don't think this is necessarily an artifact of the SDK. More likely to be the way the hardware is accessed on the app/emu.

For instance I'm guessing that most (all) SDL apps work. Hugo is SDL based, hence making that speculation. PocketSNES for native does NOT use SDL.

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2011, 02:18:32 am »

I don't think this is necessarily an artifact of the SDK. More likely to be the way the hardware is accessed on the app/emu.

For instance I'm guessing that most (all) SDL apps work. Hugo is SDL based, hence making that speculation. PocketSNES for native does NOT use SDL.

Interesting. I didn't knew that. I'm not really into these technical details, so thanks for your explanation. :)

grumpus

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2011, 01:43:54 am »
I've found that PocketSNES doesn't always save the SRAM. If I just saved in any game and press START+PAUSE just after that, the emulator will show "Saving SRAM" for a second and everything is fine, the saved game will show up the next time I start.
However, if I wait a moment after saving in-game (maybe 5 minutes or more), it will not display the Saving message when pausing the emulator. The progress is then lost if I quit the emulator at that point.
This is quite frustrating. Right now, I will always pause the emu and continue right after I saved in-game to be sure PocketSNES really saved it. It cost me about 2 hours of progress in Super Mario World before figuring that out though  ;D

It seems PocketSNES has quite a short-term memory there. What's up with that?

Edit: And yes, Auto Save is ON.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:46:29 am by grumpus »

Solstice

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2011, 02:31:02 am »
Mario Kart seems slower now compared to the very first ver  >:(
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

ShadowXIX

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2011, 02:51:59 pm »
Great Job on this emulator  ;D  Got a bunch of SNES roms working now that I couldnt before, Illusion of Gaia, Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island, Smash TV. So  far the only one that did play with the native emu and doesn't now is NBA Jam for some strange reason.

Still no luck with

Secret of MANA - All the text is mixed up and unreadable
Star Ocean - Graphics are #[email protected]%!
Out of this world - Freeze during first cut scene

By the way anyone know whats up with Transparency being off on default for games? Many games are unplayable (zelda a link to the past) with it turned off. I havent really seen any games where turning Trans. off seems to be a good thing.

grumpus

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2011, 03:15:34 pm »
So  far the only one that did play with the native emu and doesn't now is NBA Jam for some strange reason.

You can play that if you turn off the sound.

ShadowXIX

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 11:46:07 am »
Front mission is also playable now   ;D   With the native emulator it would always freeze at the end of mission 5 without fail.  Just played through again and pocketnes worked great.

What a great emulator for the dingoo

daniel-ntl

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 05:43:28 am »
please fix the in game resolution?? everything look fat and wider :) and then this pocketnes is perfect

for all of you want to play pocketnes in tv, please change the cpu clock to 401, this way you can get all the color :)

Soulflier

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2011, 09:30:43 pm »
On my TV PocketSNES works with 425MHz CPU clock. The Dingoo is set to NTSC tv-out (my TV supports PAL and NTSC, but PAL doesn't completely fill the screen)

G4briel

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2011, 06:08:25 pm »
By the way anyone know whats up with Transparency being off on default for games? Many games are unplayable (zelda a link to the past) with it turned off. I havent really seen any games where turning Trans. off seems to be a good thing.

I guess transparency been on, some games run slower. Fighting and Beat 'n Up games don't need transparency: Street Fighter II New Chalengers, Final Fight series, Captain Comando. I think the real NEED is more for RPG and Adventure games. In my opinion, of course.

Pingouin

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2011, 03:01:03 pm »
Hey, I haven't had time to try it until now (especially since I mainly use Dingux), but this is a nice emulator! Thanks Reesy, glad I tried it!

Post a new topic