• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New OhBoy release for native  (Read 86548 times)

wy_scorpio

Re: New OhBoy release for native
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2012, 01:34:45 pm »
the savestate issue seems to be in the Gnuboy code. I'm doing some tests to see if i can fix it.

It seems that every time you saved a state, the savestate included SRAM (normal save) information, which was loaded when you loaded a savestate. I'm seeing if i can disable that lines without generating bugs.

thx very much :D
i hope this problem can be resolved..

wy_scorpio

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2012, 01:40:03 pm »
the savestate issue seems to be in the Gnuboy code. I'm doing some tests to see if i can fix it.

It seems that every time you saved a state, the savestate included SRAM (normal save) information, which was loaded when you loaded a savestate. I'm seeing if i can disable that lines without generating bugs.

by the way...
if you reslove this problem and release next ver ohboy,can release sim ver and app ver(with .zip support) together?
great thanks,beacause i very like ohboy,so i want to have both sim and app version 8)

hi-ban

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2012, 01:49:20 pm »
I've just tried and now savestates work as intended (No unintended SRAM re-writes when saving/loading states)

And it seems that everything else works ok, so i'll include it in next version.

I'll release both SIM and APP versions. (although there is no point of having an APP version, unless you want to use Gnuboy4D or other GB SIM emulator, along with Ohboy)

Note that Ohboy always supported ZIP files. It's just that the Dingoo gets confused when you have 2 different emulators which auto-launch with the same file type. (that's the reason why you can't have two SIM emulators for the same console at the same time)

That's also the reason why i added support for launching with GBZ extension. The Dingoo thinks ZIP files are CPS1 games, and opens them with the CPS1 emulator.

But, as i said earlier, you can open ZIP files from Ohboy internal menu. With both SIM and APP versions.

wy_scorpio

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2012, 01:55:15 pm »
I've just tried and now savestates work as intended (No unintended SRAM re-writes when saving/loading states)

And it seems that everything else works ok, so i'll include it in next version.

I'll release both SIM and APP versions. (although there is no point of having an APP version, unless you want to use Gnuboy4D or other GB SIM emulator, along with Ohboy)

Note that Ohboy always supported ZIP files. It's just that the Dingoo gets confused when you have 2 different emulators which auto-launch with the same file type. (that's the reason why you can't have two SIM emulators for the same console at the same time)

That's also the reason why i added support for launching with GBZ extension. The Dingoo thinks ZIP files are CPS1 games, and opens them with the CPS1 emulator.

But, as i said earlier, you can open ZIP files from Ohboy internal menu. With both SIM and APP versions.

"you can open ZIP files from Ohboy internal menu. With both SIM and APP versions."
yes..i forget this.. :)
but app ver i want to have..beacause i really like this wonderful emu!! 8)

hi-ban

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2012, 04:36:18 pm »
Ok, i have submitted it to openhandhelds, waiting for it to be updated.

Meanwhile, you can download it here: http://www.box.com/s/znm5x6q0nhesfezdtjsd

It includes both APP and SIM versions.

@almoorn, install new version and if you want blue text, download this bmp file and copy it into the ohboy/etc folder: http://www.box.com/s/6tumc0187zbuc72i6m37

EDIT:
Source code: http://www.box.com/s/91sgy9la1q8esddeohcf
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:51:53 pm by hi-ban »

emrextreme

« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »
Thanks, that was fast. I'm gonna feedback as soon as i try.

Ed: I've just tried it and love it. It's a really nice choice of blue, very easy on the eyes. Thanks a much, mate. You really deserve respect a lot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:48:05 pm by almoorn »

wy_scorpio

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2012, 06:05:26 am »
Ok, i have submitted it to openhandhelds, waiting for it to be updated.

Meanwhile, you can download it here: http://www.box.com/s/znm5x6q0nhesfezdtjsd

It includes both APP and SIM versions.

@almoorn, install new version and if you want blue text, download this bmp file and copy it into the ohboy/etc folder: http://www.box.com/s/6tumc0187zbuc72i6m37

EDIT:
Source code: http://www.box.com/s/91sgy9la1q8esddeohcf

thx very much! savestate problem has reslove,it doesnt lost again :D

...sorry my so many needing..
if can add shootscreen function with hot keys?...so can share games pictures.. ;)

hi-ban

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2012, 11:04:10 am »
@wy_scorpio:

I've been trying other emulators, and in all of them the SRAM is overwritten when loading savestates, so the savestates were fine since the beginning.

So this will be reverted in next version. I'll try to make it available as an option, though.

wy_scorpio

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2012, 11:26:55 am »
@wy_scorpio:

I've been trying other emulators, and in all of them the SRAM is overwritten when loading savestates, so the savestates were fine since the beginning.

So this will be reverted in next version. I'll try to make it available as an option, though.

...20120223 ver i feel very ok...seems speed a bit quickly..you mean in next ver will lost romname.sav again,only when  open it in the menu?thats ok...but i feel no reason to revert it..
will next ver add save screenshoot used hot key?i very expect this function 8)

naxeras

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2012, 01:25:17 pm »
It is possible add hardware scaling like dingoosnes?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2012, 01:51:00 pm »
You don't like the currently available scalers?
And dingoosnes does not use a hardware scaler.

wy_scorpio

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2012, 02:46:43 pm »
@wy_scorpio:

...20120223 ver i feel very ok...seems speed a bit quickly..you mean in next ver will lost romname.sav again,only when  open it in the menu?thats ok...but i feel no reason to revert it..
will next ver add save screenshoot used hot key?i very expect this function 8)

add..
can next ver make volume set from 1-100? not 10,20,30....100..thx :)

hi-ban

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2012, 03:07:14 pm »
@wy_scorpio:

Volume is fine as it is (0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50... 100) There is no real need of it being (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12... 99, 100).

About screenshot, there is code for it, but it is disabled because it causes errors when building.

@naxeras:

Scalers from Ayla are already fast enough to run at 59-60 fps. In fact, it would be almost impossible to make them faster. If a game runs slowly it's the emulation being slow, not the scaler.

In your opinion, what is wrong with the scalers?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:34:59 pm by hi-ban »

hi-ban

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2012, 04:51:29 pm »
New Ohboy version (20120224).

Until it is updated in Openhandhelds, you can download it here: http://www.box.com/s/353cdfzj6z111hg0305a

Changes:

-Made it optional to load SRAM data when loading a savestate.

-Now there is a new option in the options menu. "State SRAM"

-It is ON by default, so loading a savestate rewrites the SRAM data (which is the usual behaviour)
Turn it OFF if you don't want savestates to interfere with your normal saves. You will see a "SRAM Off" text in the "Load State" menu as a reminder.

Included are SIM and APP versions.

Source code: http://www.box.com/s/f4abbq6zn5bu3b95nqv1
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:23:05 pm by hi-ban »

naxeras

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »
@wy_scorpio:

Volume is fine as it is (0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50... 100) There is no real need of it being (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12... 99, 100).

About screenshot, there is code for it, but it is disabled because it causes errors when building.

@naxeras:

Scalers from Ayla are already fast enough to run at 59-60 fps. In fact, it would be almost impossible to make them faster. If a game runs slowly it's the emulation being slow, not the scaler.

In your opinion, what is wrong with the scalers?

Scalers from Ayla have a bilinear filtering?.

Scaler 3X is great buy even overclock to 360 is slow to me, and I can?t overclock to 400MHZ my dingoo only overclock to 395 MHZ.

hi-ban

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2012, 12:49:11 pm »
Scalers from Ayla have a bilinear filtering?.

seriously ,why would anyone need that?

remember that this is a dingoo, not a PC. That would make sense in a higher resolution screen (and a more powerful device), but, as you may know, the Dingoo screen is 320x240.

scale3x is the slowest scaler, and it is only color 8bits, so colors are not accurate. I'm not surprised it is slow for you. But the Dingoo is not very powerful, you know.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:00:17 pm by hi-ban »

naxeras

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2012, 01:49:05 pm »
Because scalers 1.5x and fullscreen are pixelated.

DingooSNES have a bilinear filtering and have not pixelation in fullscreen scaling.

Dingoo is not a PC and is not powerfull system I know the native resoltion for GB is not 320x240 if you scale the screen without bilinear filtering screen pixelate.

Anyway Ohboy is the best GB and GBC emulator for me. Thank you for your work.

hi-ban

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »
it's not a bug to be "pixelated", it's the way the scaler is programmed. And IMO pixels are beautiful.

If you make the scaler to calculate the average between pixels for all pixels in the screen (76800 pixels which would require calculations), it is much slower than just calculating the average for 2/5 of the pixels (30720 pixels in fullscreen scaler), or 5/9 of the pixels (28800 pixels in 1.5x scaler).

Anyway, i don't really know if a "smooth" scaler would require too much power. Maybe it runs fast, but i lack the skills to make a scaler myself. Ohboy 1.5x and Fullscreen scalers were done by Ayla. He was kind enough to make those for Ohboy. I don't think it would be correct to ask him for more (at least without paying him for them).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:43:47 pm by hi-ban »

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2012, 04:21:59 pm »
My scalers do bilinear filtering, yes.

Of course the GBC games are pixelated, what did you expect? The GBC has a resolution of 160x144, while the SNES has 256x224, around 2,5 times more pixels, so the comparison with dingoosnes is not fair.

naxeras

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2012, 10:04:50 pm »
My scalers do bilinear filtering, yes.

Of course the GBC games are pixelated, what did you expect? The GBC has a resolution of 160x144, while the SNES has 256x224, around 2,5 times more pixels, so the comparison with dingoosnes is not fair.

Ok, thanks for you explanation. GBC resolution is too low.

For curiosity, how to work scaler 3x?

Ayla, it is possible add your scaler in SMSPLUS? Master System has a 248 x 192 resolution.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:15:54 pm by naxeras »

Post a new topic