Author Topic: MAME4ALL v1.3 for Dingoo A320 Native  (Read 32712 times)

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
Re: MAME4ALL v1.3 for Dingoo A320 Native
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 02:25:09 am »
I had been a bit lax in my attention to Dingoonity over the past month and just found this thread today. Downloading now, will try out some of my favorite games and report back any issues.

Oh, and thanks slaanesh!  ;D  Even with all the things the good ol' Dingoo does already, it's cool to see it can still get some more goodies one in a while.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

Losk

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 09:33:47 am »
Thanks a lot for this awesome emulator, too!  :)

Cisek

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »
I don't know why, but earlier versions of mame4all wasn't working on my a320, this works like a charm. Long live Slaneesh! Is there any way, to play neogeo games like art of fighting or samurai shodown? If i try to load them it says: bad ROM; check log and i am using rom and neogeo bios from MAME4ALL 037b5 romset.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 01:27:10 pm »
I don't know why, but earlier versions of mame4all wasn't working on my a320, this works like a charm. Long live Slaneesh! Is there any way, to play neogeo games like art of fighting or samurai shodown? If i try to load them it says: bad ROM; check log and i am using rom and neogeo bios from MAME4ALL 037b5 romset.

The big Neo Geo games won't work, only the smaller ones.
I have played and take snapshots of all the Neo Geo games that work. So use that as a guide. If a snapshot exists, the games works.

pete

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 05:07:20 am »
Hi everyone! I am new. I was looking for new emulators/improves for dingoo native and...  I found 'Slaanesh' ! Yeah, I heard & readed before about him..  :)

Wooow Slaanesh, MUCH CONGRATULATIONS for your fabulous improves ! VERY WELL DONE ! Be proud !

Please, I have some doubts and need help. Could you or anyone answer me please?

Here my '6 but short' questions, thanks :)

1 - For MAME4ALL v1.3, what do I have to install: the 'Native Binary' OR the 'Native Source Code' file ? Or both files ?
Any order or any suggestion ?

2 - All the info about how/where to put the emulator/roms and so on, is explained in the .txt doc in the files, right ? :)

3 - I heard that your MAME is the best, the fastest ever done, better than the MAME made for dingux, with more compatibility too, right ?

4 - The romset to use is: '0.37b5', right ?
I know there are also some roms of '0.37b16' and '0.84' sets. Then, about these last cases: should I search and get that roms 'one by one' and put inside of the romset: '0.37b5' ?

5 - About your Temper (PC Engine emulator): what should be the format of the songs ? Should I convert.. ? Any advice ?

6 - I know you have your own important proyects but: What about ..? How would be..  a good emulator of sega cd for dingoo native ? The one that exists already is not bad, but does not accept all the games/roms, just 'some' games.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE,
Waiting an answer hopefully, best for you
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:09:24 am by pete »

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 02:53:13 am »
1). You don't need to the source code to use MAME4ALL on Dingoo Native. That's only used to compile/create the binaries.

2). The .txt files were updated for this release. Basically copy the MAME4ALL folder to either your internal storage or mini SD on your Dingoo. Use the "3D game" option and navigate to one of the MAME4ALL executables. Yes, it's split up due to lack of usable RAM on the A320.

3). In terms of the hardware that it's running on this Dingoo Native MAME4ALL has the best performance of any handheld version of MAME. It's considerably faster that Linux versions of the same software.

4). Yes, MAME 0.37b5 is the base ROM set. Other games have been added, you'll have to look at the gameslist.txt.

5). You'll need to use .OGG files for CD games which have CD audio/music. There's also an associated .CUE file which describes the .OGG files. See the release notes for Temper 0.81.

6). Sega CD would be interesting but i'm currently working on new versions of MAME for the GCW-Zero and Pandora. However, there will be a Dingoo Native MAME4ALL v1.4 as I've accumulated a few changes for it already - nothing major yet though.

It's a pity we can't get the source code for the Dingoo Native operating system uC/OS-II as the way it's RAM has been allocated it not very good. The maximum RAM available to Dingoo Native programs is 6MB (static)+16MB (dynamic/heap)=22MB out of a possible 32MB. 10MB is allocated to the system which is a large proportion (where is this used? Screen. System stack. What else?). Even an extra 4MB would allow many new larger games to run.

dingooforever

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 06:54:51 am »
Great work Slaanesh!

I have 2 questions altough not strictly related to Dingoo development:

1) WOW! Are you working on improved Mame for the OpenPandora? Will it play full speed most advanced Taito, Jaleco and Sega games such as Elevator Action Returns, Gratia Second Earth, Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder and OutRunners?
If yes it would be really really great!

2) Is it possible add in future Temper revision cheat support for CD games? It would help a lot for certain games (see Exile 2 Wicked Phenomenon and others). Any chance you will improve also the Pandora version of Temper which still miss compatibility for some games (F1 Circus Pole to Win etc...)? The cheat feature in OpenPandora Temper would also rock. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:00:25 pm by dingooforever »

1wiierdguy

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 09:13:51 am »
Thanks very much for this. ;D Dusted off my Dingoo and downloaded this and its great.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 11:05:58 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.

There may be one more version of MAME4ALL for the Dingoo A320.

I've finally sorted out the issue for Sega's Enduro Racer so that may make an appearance on the A320 :)

Deckard

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2020, 08:05:37 am »
Thanks for the feedback.

There may be one more version of MAME4ALL for the Dingoo A320.

I've finally sorted out the issue for Sega's Enduro Racer so that may make an appearance on the A320 :)

Hello Slaanesh,

I'm one from the big family of Gameta II and KIII owners still hoping to see MAME4ALL working on our consoles. Can you do something to fix the issues making impossible to run it properly  and make a big piece of mankind happier ?
Thanx in advance!  ;D

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 12:17:54 am »
Can you point out exactly which console(s) you have?

I have a Russian Ritmix RZX-50 which runs MAME4ALL fairly happily.