Author Topic: Mame4All Dingoo OS Native V0.9  (Read 52348 times)

z_man3007

Re: Mame4All Dingoo OS Native V0.9
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 02:12:33 pm »
alekmaul, You Rock dude. 

I couldn't get running my all time favorites RASTAN, SHINOBI, GOLDEN AXE, Rolling Thunder, Street Smart and Secret Agent.  They all run under DINGUX.  Thanks again very so much for your EXCELLENT work. 

Shin-NiL

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 05:23:25 pm »
alekmaul, you're my hero, again  :D

Thank you very much for your great work on native apps!

tealord

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 07:53:54 pm »
Fantastic work dude. mame on the telly via my dingoo!! wooo!

Nickeng

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 09:13:36 pm »
Is there a way or could an option to added so that when playing game vertically like 194x series that the select button is mapped to fire?

alekmaul (OP)

• Portabledev
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 05:23:29 am »
Is there a way or could an option to added so that when playing game vertically like 194x series that the select button is mapped to fire?

Yes, you can remap buttons from Mame menu.

garsh

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 08:34:04 pm »
Huge thanks for this epic contribution, alekmaul!

Is anyone else having trouble configuring controls? I'm used to it on PC versions of MAME, but on this build, it just sits there and doesn't react after I press the button I want to associate with an action. Several more button presses are required before anything happens, and it ends up associating a long series of really random input for the selection, or sometimes just "none".

kswildside

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 08:48:04 pm »
Do you think you could implement Neo-Geo support so we could have an all in one solution for CPS1 and CPS2 and Neo-Geo to replace all the native emulators plus it might fix the pixelation issue some people have discussed with native emulator on some HK and non HK models of A320.

Is CPS3 even possible on the A320?

garuda

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 09:45:08 pm »
How can I know if I have the right version of the ROM???

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 10:18:10 pm »
Do you think you could implement Neo-Geo support so we could have an all in one solution for CPS1 and CPS2 and Neo-Geo to replace all the native emulators plus it might fix the pixelation issue some people have discussed with native emulator on some HK and non HK models of A320.

That would be even more awesome than awesome.

Yongary

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 11:37:05 pm »
I don't know why people would want to replace the native emulators for CPS1/2/NeoGeo--they actually work pretty well.

Anyway, I've had a chance to play around with it and I'm really impressed. Aside from the Simpsons, the only games I've found that don't work are "Aliens"  and "Sunset Riders" from Konami. "Thunder Cross II" (also Konami) will start, but freezes about 10 seconds in and requires a hard reset of the Dingoo itself. Weirdly enough, the attract mode will also cause it to freeze in about the same time. "Devil World" runs, but very slowly.

Hopefully, you'll have support for Bubble Bobble in the next version; It's one of my all time favorite arcade games. Thanks and good luck!

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 12:11:59 am »
I don't know why people would want to replace the native emulators for CPS1/2/NeoGeo--they actually work pretty well.

The CPS1 and CPS2 emulators for the native OS do work very well. The Neo Geo emulator for the native OS used to work very well. However, changes in the way Dingoos are built resulted in pixellation issues with sprite scaling which render quite a few Neo Geo games virtually unplayable on some Dingoos (many, actually).

As an example, try playing Crossed Swords or WakuWaku7 with the native OS Neo Geo emulator on your Dingoo. If they play perfectly, you are one of the lucky ones. If you experience extreme pixellation issues when sprites zoom in and out, then you are in the same boat as many of us. You can actually tell what you are in for before your game even begins to run: just watch the spinning Neo Geo logo when the emulator starts up. 

It seems to be a situation in which the Dingoo hardware was changed, but the emulators -- Neo Geo in particular -- were not reworked to compensate. I say this because the pixellation problems don't happen if you play your Neo Geo games via the Final Burn Alpha emulator for Dingux, so there's hope that the problem can be addressed via a new emulator or perhaps a change to the existing one.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:16:12 am by TheCaffeinator »

DannyBoyTheDude

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 12:36:35 am »
I don't use the native arcade emulators much anymore but when I used to I played Waku Waku 7 all the time and it worked fine.

BoonChonza

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 04:57:10 am »
I don't really have anything to say that you haven't heard yet, but great job! thank you very much

alekmaul (OP)

• Portabledev
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 05:36:11 am »
No Neogeo and no CPS3 emulation, sorry but we can't do such thing with Dingoo Memory.
About all others games, i have now all Atari, DataEast and more classic games implements. I think all games will be in Mame4All this day. I expected a new release the week end.

difuno

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 08:10:45 am »
Thank you alekmaul for this great emu port!!!

I am quite curious about the possibility of getting two MAME games work under this MAME4ALL.

1. Street fighter
2. Hook

Neither of these two work under MAME4ALL dingux port, Street fighter works under the Wiz MAME4ALL but has some sound issues, Hook also works under the Wiz port but has no sound.

Could you kindly tell me if it is possible to get either/both of these two games work under MAME4ALL of the natvie OS? And if it is possible to get the sound of both games work right?

marc1977

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:38 am »
I Dont want to upset nobody but, Does anybody missed the save state? I don't care if it is in Dingux or in native, but save state is strongly necessary for mame.

A save state for Mame will be the Next Frotier...

Mal

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 03:57:59 pm »
Hi folks,

Am a new owner of a Dingoo ( waiting on Pandora ), and my first download and install was this app and some related Roms.

I have a few questions...

1) I can't get Donkey Kong ROM to load - is this a ROM problem, or is it just not compatible with Mame4All on Dingoo?

2) When running some portrait games ( eg Galaxian, and DK if / when it works ), it would be *very* cool to be able to use the Select button as a fire button.  Would this be possible?  ( this setup was mentioned a few times in another forum thread as being a good way to play these games ).

Keep up the great work on this port !
Mal

Cidraman

• Cidraman
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 05:57:05 pm »
Mal, you probably have a bad rom, because I can run DK with no problems.

I didn't test too many games, but here's what I was able to play:

- Circus Charlie
- Commando
- Donkey Kong
- Ghosts'n'Goblins
- Green Beret
- Jail Break
- Sunset Riders (some sound issues and a bit slow, but I'm not tweaking or overclocking)
- TMNT

I'im using the same roms of Dingux (MAME 0.37b5 roms).

Make sure your DK roms are compatible with this version of MAME (0.37b5).
Cidraman, destruidor de mundos...
http://cidraman.blogspot.com

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 07:00:41 pm »
Thanks Alekmaul for this, very cool!
One question: What are the ddonpach.nv and dfeveron.nv for? ;D

Chris23235

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 10:44:37 pm »

Is CPS3 even possible on the A320?

NeoGeo isn't possible in Mame on an A320, cause of the way it works. Mame loads the whole rom into the ram before starting it. Most games doesn't fit into the 32 MB of the Dingoo (some won't even fit into the 64 MB of an A330). Other emulators use different methods. FBA for example is capable of reading specific parts of the rom during the emulation. This is the reason, why you have to convert the larger games to cache files. The native emulators use a similar method, this is why you have to convert them.

EDIT: Didn't saw AlekMaul already answered the question

Post a new topic
Post a new topic