• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Dooom - A Doom port for the Dingoo Native OS  (Read 48185 times)

Tabaluga_FX

Re: Dooom - A Doom port for the Dingoo Native OS
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2013, 12:29:15 pm »
Dear the_wub,

I'm a great of your port, but have three suggestions for you:

* Music addon: I don't think it's very good to ask the users to download an older version so thath they can listen to music. My idea ist to create a new music_addon.zip archive which includes all needed file to listen music.
Simply host it onto your website and write into the readme.txt "... if you want to listen to music, simply download and extract the music_addon.zip.". Simple. Easy. Done.

* Directory: Currently I'm using the custom dingoonity firmware (v1.2b) with all my games onto my sd-card - so I can use them in Dingux / OpenDingux, too.
Could you please edit your next release so it's possible to store the game and data files (iwads, pwads) onto a different location or that the game will only search in the current folder or sub-folders for the data files?

* Game addon: Currently I'm playing three user mods (hacx, dtwid, b2saturn) but with your port I can only play one of them. Could you please add support for more than one user mod?

Thanks for your feedback.

best regards

the_wub (OP)

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 11:03:07 am »
Hi, Tabaluga_FX

Thanks for your questions!

I agree the music is very badly handled at the moment!  Proper midi support is the only real solution.. 

I will try to make the game directory moveable in a future release, that shouldn't be a big problem!

I'm not sure what you are asking in your last question?  You can only play one of those three? which one?  Hacx and Dtwid both seem to work ok!  I don't know what b2saturn is but I'll be glad to take a look if you can post a link to it.

So far everything that is supported by Chocolate Doom seems to work ok.  I'm going to try and add some more support for controls, redefining buttons and adding some of the automap functions.  Would people mind if the shoulder buttons were used for zoom in/out on the automap screen?  That seems like a good way to do it..

Thanks again! :)

wub.

Tabaluga_FX

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2014, 07:58:57 pm »
Dear the_wub,

sorry for my late response and thanks for your feedback.

Everything working fine: after I found out how to use the *launcher* the rest was very easy.

Btw, which application you use to export the MUS files inside the IWADS and PWADS? I want to export the *additional DTWID music* and convert them to IT files to finaly listen them while playing.

best regards

the_wub (OP)

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »
Thanks for your reply, glad to hear you got it working :)

The easiest way is to find the midi files for DTWID on-line somewhere, that will save a good a bit of work..

I could not find a working mus2mid program so I used the function in the Chocolate Doom source code.  I took this out for later versions of Dooom but I can make a special version for ripping the music.. I think I promised this before in fact  ::)

I'll see what I can do! :)

wub.

daniel-ntl

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 04:22:21 am »
just try the v1.2, but i get this error Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon, any way to play this game

Post a new topic